2006 Trade Deadline Thread

chileanseabass

I doubt this one will work out quite so well, but Colorado did alright the last time they picked up a goalie from Montreal.

true enough but theodore is no roy... this deal must be for the future because theodore is injured beyond the end of the season and most of the playoffs from that 'icey step' incident.

Bob McKenzie of TSN said this regarding the Roloson deal:

"The Oilers paid a big price for a rental - a first round pick and more if they sign Dwayne Roloson after the season, but I think the Oilers could afford that.

They realized that the goaltending market was shrinking. Curtis Joseph was taken off the market by the Phoenix Coyotes, Martin Biron won't be dealt by the Buffalo Sabres, but Mika Norinin could be had, but he has no NHL playoff experience or NHL experience for that matter. "

Bob McKenzie of TSN said this regarding the Roloson deal:

"The Oilers paid a big price for a rental - a first round pick and more if they sign Dwayne Roloson after the season, but I think the Oilers could afford that.

They realized that the goaltending market was shrinking. Curtis Joseph was taken off the market by the Phoenix Coyotes, Martin Biron won't be dealt by the Buffalo Sabres, but Mika Norinin could be had, but he has no NHL playoff experience or NHL experience for that matter. "

We are sooo stupid. What value does biron bring to this team? Minimal. Miller is our man, and like every other team that is successful, you ride your goalie to the cup, or lose with him.

We are sooo stupid. What value does biron bring to this team? Minimal. Miller is our man, and like every other team that is successful, you ride your goalie to the cup, or lose with him.

Maybe the right deal isn't out there right now. If Darcy gets the right deal, he'll pull the trigger, but if he feels like he's not getting equal value in return, he can't made any deal.

4 and half hours and counting. I'm going to take the TSW approach and throw reality and common sense out the window.

"Darcy....trade someone already...anyone!!!"

Even though i hope i am wrong, i highly doubt Darcy making a deal, the main reason is, the asking price for Biron is too high and in almost any other deal, i bet teams will be asking for either Max or Roy and Darcy will not ruin team chemstry.

I hope we make a deal, but i doubt it. I don't expect anything.

However, i'd prefer no deals then to make 1 deal and get like a Bob Corkum in return. lol

Still nothing at all. Im starting to think that the league will just go nuts from 2:30 till 3:30 once cap room gets moved. These D men are worthless BTW.

Lukowich or Brown would have been real nice additions to the Sabres if we don't plan on making any additional deals.... but since Regier didn't get one of those, or even Ken Klee, i have a feeling he has something up his sleeve.

Lukowich or Brown would have been real nice additions to the Sabres if we don't plan on making any additional deals.... but since Regier didn't get one of those, or even Ken Klee, i have a feeling he has something up his sleeve.

I sure do hope he has something ANYTHING up his sleeve. I have been waiting and refreshing and watching and listening. Best part is Im doing it all while at work :D

Fox Sports' "inside man" Spector reports that Witt will be a Predator....Spector's Blog

Meanwhile TSN.ca and Code are reporting Jokinen will be off the market after accepting what is reportedly a 4-year, $5 million deal...good, at least the Sens won't get him now

some Nashville radio station is reporting this morning that Witt to Nashville is compete deal. Although, noone else can confirm it, but take it for what it's worth.

Archived