Well, Ottawa Is Making A Move

CallawaySabres

I've tried to defend Darcy as much as I can but I'm throwing in the towel. What would the equivalent been? Sekera & a second? For the type of player this team desperately needs? Come on!

Who needs Cullen who is bigger, younger and a slightly less skilled rental when DR can pay a higher price for a smaller, older guy who wants a contract extension as part of being traded...Ray Whitney. :D

How about just pinning a thread called "Players traded that could have helped the Sabres while the Sabres do nothing?"

Get use to the feeling. The true contenders in the East are going to continue to get better and make moves to improve their teams. While the Sabres idea of improvement is to move Vanek down to a line with Grier and Kennedy. :doh:

This team is not good enough and Regier doesn't have the stones to admit it and the competence to do anything about it. :bag:

I honestly can't say I have ever noticed Picard during a game, but he is averaging 19+ minutes a game in 40+ games with Ottawa and is 24 years old. Does that make him a scrub or a decent prospect?

He scored against us earlier in the year in Ottawa... then they played the theme from Star Trek the Next Generation.

Here's hoping we didn't do THIS deal because we use Weber & our 2nd round pick to get Ponikarovsky.

You're tempting me. Substitute another prospect for Weber and you may sway me even though this current 12 game masterpiece has me reaffirming my beliefs that this teams problems should be fixed in the offseason as they are still a few players away.

[edited]

...or trade Roy and Stafford in the offseason and go after Poni in FA.

You're tempting me. Substitute another prospect for Weber and you may sway me even though this current 12 game masterpiece has me reaffirming my beliefs that this teams problems should be fixed in the offseason as they are still a few players away.

If by "few" you mean a new set of top six forwards and four blueliners to play with Myers and Butler? I will have to agree.

If by "few" you mean a new set of top six forwards and four blueliners to play with Myers and Butler? I will have to agree.

So you agree that the team has changes to make? Weren't you having a hissy fit recently that Kovy wasn't brought in as a rental? Which way is it? Are they really close to being a Cup challenging team or are they a "few" players away?

:rolleyes:

So you agree that the team has changes to make? Weren't you having a hissy fit recently that Kovy wasn't brought in as a rental? Which way is it? Are they really close to being a Cup challenging team or are the a "few" players away?

We are 6 OV's and 4 Chris Prongers away from being a good team. :rolleyes:

So you agree that the team has changes to make? Weren't you having a hissy fit recently that Kovy wasn't brought in as a rental? Which way is it? Are they really close to being a Cup challenging team or are they a "few" players away?

playing with fire here...

How about just pinning a thread called "Players traded that could have helped the Sabres while the Sabres do nothing?"

Get use to the feeling. The true contenders in the East are going to continue to get better and make moves to improve their teams. While the Sabres idea of improvement is to move Vanek down to a line with Grier and Kennedy. :doh:

This team is not good enough and Regier doesn't have the stones to admit it and the competence to do anything about it. :bag:

So true.

You know, competition in this league isnt just settled on the ice. There is a competitveness from the front offices as well. We see Toronto, NJ, and Ottawa all making in season improvements, in advance of the deadline, as these GMs see their teams trending one way or another. Ottawa just took the division lead last night and celebrate it by, What? Improving thier team to make sure they stay there.

Could DR for once posture the team, to make a statement that they mean business?

For F* sake these teams that compete and challenge year in and year out never stand by idlely clapping thier hands when things are going well (or when things are bad for that matter). They assess where they are as a team, ask themsleves how do we get better, and then do what is necessary.

We need a veteran center.

Ottawa. :death:

Im so *@#*&%^ pissed right now. :wallbash:

When I saw darcy on wed night told him he needs Cullen from canes he kinda looked at me dumbfounded. Clearly he has no clue

:lol:

This is rich.

Dumbfounded like you were out of your mind with that idea? Or dumbfounded that you had the stones to suggest a way to do his job (which I love BTW)? We may never know who's really pulling the strings for the organIzation but watching everyone else position themselves for the stretch around us dumbfounds me that that would be his reaction.

I guess another move for the betterment of their club.....

The Senators held a press conference this morning to announce a one-year contract extension for GM Bryan Murray. His deal was up after this season. "Bryan has proven that he is the right man to lead this team," said Ottawa owner Eugene Melnyk in a statement. "Our team is now in a position to not only be competitive each season, but also to contend for the Stanley Cup. Bryan and his staff have worked hard to build an organization that now has the depth at the National Hockey League level and in our farm system that should allow us to be competitive for many years to come. As we approach the trade deadline, playoffs and entry draft, we wanted to demonstrate our confidence in Bryan by extending his contract."

It would have been great to see Ruff get over that glass partition.

I guess another move for the betterment of their club.....

The Senators held a press conference this morning to announce a one-year contract extension for GM Bryan Murray. His deal was up after this season. "Bryan has proven that he is the right man to lead this team," said Ottawa owner Eugene Melnyk in a statement. "Our team is now in a position to not only be competitive each season, but also to contend for the Stanley Cup. Bryan and his staff have worked hard to build an organization that now has the depth at the National Hockey League level and in our farm system that should allow us to be competitive for many years to come. As we approach the trade deadline, playoffs and entry draft, we wanted to demonstrate our confidence in Bryan by extending his contract."

It would have been great to see Ruff get over that glass partition.

"Bryan has worked very hard and we'll contend for years to come.... although we only want him for one more year."

When I saw darcy on wed night told him he needs Cullen from canes he kinda looked at me dumbfounded. Clearly he has no clue

What would you expect him to say? They're not allowed to comment on players under contract with another team. It potentially can be considered tampering.

What would you expect him to say? They're not allowed to comment on players under contract with another team. It potentially can be considered tampering.

well the look was more like Cullen who is that. One interesting other side note is that the sabres and canes have NEVER done a trade and neither team has a player that has played for the other. Pitkanen would be a nice pickup given we have 2.5 Dmen on the team right now

Very good move by Ottawa. Myself, and i know few others really wanted Buffalo to land Matt Cullen. Tim Kennedy shouldn't be playing right now in the NHL... let's see if they do something about it and if they do, with whom. But, solid deal for the Sens. If they wern't the favorites before this to win the Northeast, i don't think theres any doubt now.

Archived