Miller's Olympic Mask

cpabob

It may be foolish to use the word "old-school" here considering NHL players have only played in the olympics since 1998, but I kinda miss the days where they would just wear their normal gear.

Like Hasek wore his Sabres helmet and goalie gear back in 1998, and how other goalies would wear masks that easily identified the teams they played for.

I watched several games with non-hockey people who thought the team masks were a nice touch, but to each his own I guess.

Cool mask all the same.

He probably made the new one so that he can raffle it off for his charity after the Oly's are done. Which I have no problem with. Who would?

I would. It will go to a Hall of Fame somewhere, after he backstops the USA to gold.

Is it really that big of a deal? It's not like the old US vs. Russia still is it? Feels more like a country all-star game to me.

Imagine a US-Canada final in Canada. Hockey fans got heated over the junior championships last month; that could get nuts.

Imagine a US-Canada final in Canada. Hockey fans got heated over the junior championships last month; that could get nuts.

Also, how ballin' would it be for the US and Miller to beat Canada for the Gold, then the Sabres beat MAF, Brodeur, and Luongo en route to a Stanley CUp Championship? Hey, I can dream.....

Miller wore #39 at Michigan State. He opted to wear 30 for the Sabres due to the previous #39 in goal in Buffalo...

I would assume he's going back to his original number for the olympics just to avoid drama over a jersey number.

Ah! He may even prefer 39 to 30; no way was he getting that number here.

Also, how ballin' would it be for the US and Miller to beat Canada for the Gold, then the Sabres beat MAF, Brodeur, and Luongo en route to a Stanley CUp Championship? Hey, I can dream.....

That would be extremely ballin'. In fact, I would venture to say that it would be one of the most ballin' things that this baller has ever experienced.

Thank you.

NHL players in the Olympics is a joke. I won't waste one minute of my time watching it.

I hope for your sake you are kidding. Olympic hockey is a blast and you'll miss some pretty good games. Hockey puritans purists make me crazy sometimes. I really don't need an excuse to watch more hockey that I already do, but this is a pretty good one. It's fun. Just watch and enjoy.

I hope for your sake you are kidding. Olympic hockey is a blast and you'll miss some pretty good games. Hockey puritans purists make me crazy sometimes. I really don't need an excuse to watch more hockey that I already do, but this is a pretty good one. It's fun. Just watch and enjoy.

Quoted for emphasis. Regardless of whether you like the fact that NHLers play in the Olympics, it's still hockey. And I love hockey. So I'll watch any game that is on my tv. I don't care who is playing. I just love hockey. :wub:

Quoted for emphasis. Regardless of whether you like the fact that NHLers play in the Olympics, it's still hockey. And I love hockey. So I'll watch any game that is on my tv. I don't care who is playing. I just love hockey. :wub:

Would you watch televised rod hockey?

Too bad they really F'ed up on this one and let Vancouver use GM Place.

You really expect them to force vancouver to build an entirely new arena with a slightly bigger ice surface for just a couple of weeks of use?

I get what you're saying, but shouldn't having the required venues and arenas be a prerequisite to being awarded the Games?

It's fo real bro. You twist your rod back and forth really fast and occasionally ram it.

I'm a huge fan of a fingertip grip. I just hate it when the other guy is cranking on his opposing rod and you both get all jammed up while trying to flick it home.

Archived