Miller's Olympic Mask

cpabob

Too bad they really F'ed up on this one and let Vancouver use GM Place.

Yeah, I like the bigger ice but it's still going to be fun to watch.

And aren't more people likely to watch if there are NHL names like Crosby and Ovechkin playing. Names they already know. I'm not sure if how many casual fans would tune in to see Varrgus Dungersson getting the game winning goal for Norway agains Vilyitczh Vikasaroff minding net for Belarus.

Yeah, I like the bigger ice but it's still going to be fun to watch.

And aren't more people likely to watch if there are NHL names like Crosby and Ovechkin playing. Names they already know. I'm not sure if how many casual fans would tune in to see Varrgus Dungersson getting the game winning goal for Norway agains Vilyitczh Vikasaroff minding net for Belarus.

lol

I love the hockey Olympic games. You have got to be crazy if you think that's bad hockey. It's hockey at it's best. With hockey truly becoming a global game, with money now all over the world, it's not just "NHL all-stars" anymore. Sweden has 2 players that could play in the NHL... Peter Forsberg and Mattias Weinhandl. Forsberg plays in Sweden, Weinhandl in the KHL. I can't wait to see what these two can do against the giants. As much as i hated Forsberg as a Flyer, it will be nice seeing him play again. Russia has Alexander Radulov who skipped out on the NHL and plays in the KHL. Also Sergie Federov. The Czech's have Jaromir Jagr. So there is "NHL" talent that we can't see in these games. I'm excited.

I'm excited about the Olympics hockey too, beats having to watch curling - I do not understand how that is a competitive sport, any more than say, croquet.. sheesh

There is no stage other than the Olympics now for the best hockey players in the world to wear their national colors and slug it out. Plus, having the Olympics once every four years increases the prestige and value associated with it - one every year would be like.. just another trophy.

Soccer has an interesting way of going about it - the World Cup is the most prestigious tournament where the nations are playing against each other, and then in the Summer Olympics they have the under-23s slugging it out (I believe each team gets to add one or two abover-23 members as well to the Olympics squad).

The three blue stars (especially the one right in the middle above the cage) bear a striking resemblance to the Dallas Cowboys' star. He could have at least made the center one red instead of blue. I'm sure "Jerruh" Jones would approve though.

Otherwise, it's fine. Uncle Sam needs to lay off the PEDs though. Sure, he'll look good at the beach but his boys are gonna shrivel up...

OK, so it is. I guess America's light is leading the way toward a more just and peaceful world then. He's not pissed, rolling up his sleeve and getting ready to burn something down. :) Is that a cross on the torch?

PA, it's an Olympic torch. Geez. Stop trying so hard to find fault.

Nice, Finally a link that shows all the sides of the mask. Negative USA images and naysayers aside I really like it.

Question if he does well with it and USA were to capture a medal is he allowed to wear it for the rest of the season and or playoff's ? Would he ?

Archived