[OT] NFL Playoffs Thread

carpandean

Favre gives up a bad interception with 18 seconds left in a tie game and his team in long field goal position. Saints win the OT coin toss.

Edit: and the Saints are going to the Super Bowl for the first time in franchise history!!

You should have heard my wife when the kick went in. She called to yell in my ear (I'm out on the road tonight). She'll be so high on Cloud Nine tonight, she won't be able to sleep tonight.

Take that Katrina!

I feel really good for the city of New Orleans.

Did you root for the Caps or Rangers in 2001? Or the Wizards or Knicks? Redskins? Giants? Jets?

I really want NO to lose. There's something not right about the Saints being in the Super Bowl.*

*This also applies to the Falcons (they went), Bucs (they actually won), Cardinals (they went), Seahawks (same), and the USC Trojans (they're pro, but no SB yet).

Did you root for the Caps or Rangers in 2001? Or the Wizards or Knicks? Redskins? Giants? Jets?

I really want NO to lose. There's something not right about the Saints being in the Super Bowl.*

*This also applies to the Falcons (they went), Bucs (they actually won), Cardinals (they went), Seahawks (same), and the USC Trojans (they're pro, but no SB yet).

Imagine what all the pundits were saying about the Bills when they made their first trip...

You should have heard my wife when the kick went in. She called to yell in my ear (I'm out on the road tonight). She'll be so high on Cloud Nine tonight, she won't be able to sleep tonight.

Too bad you won't be home to reap the fringe benefits of this..:wub:

Should be a great Superbowl. GO SAINTS!

How dare you, sir?

Amazing. Vikings ###### defeat from the jaws of victory. Too many men in the huddle leads to a 5 yard penalty which forces a throw instead of a run. The first ballot Hall of Fame QB just needs to run for a few yards but eschews the run for a LATE throw over the middle. The cardinal sin of QBing is throwing late across the middle and yet there it was.

That's why they play the game!!!!

EDIT: After 5,108 posts I get my first filter.. Apparently s n a t c h is no go on this board..

Amazing. Vikings ###### defeat from the jaws of victory. Too many men in the huddle leads to a 5 yard penalty which forces a throw instead of a run. The first ballot Hall of Fame QB just needs to run for a few yards but eschews the run for a LATE throw over the middle. The cardinal sin of QBing is throwing late across the middle and yet there it was.

EDIT: After 5,108 posts I get my first filter.. Apparently s n a t c h is no go on this board..

SDS. Please.

Would "clutch" have worked?

EDIT: I guess so! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Drew Brees and his son, what a moment!

One of the best Super Bowls ever.

Wow, there really IS good football out there.

It's nights like tonight that really point out the fact that nothing I have seen from either ownership or management, from either the Bills or the Sabres, tells me that we will see a scene like that in Buffalo in the foreseeable future.

Drew Brees and his son, what a moment!

One of the best Super Bowls ever.

I had no rooting interest, but found the game to be somewhat underwhelming. Not a ton of big plays on offense and except for the interception by Porter, pretty much the same on defense.

The Saints have a SB before the Bills. It was bad enough when TB won one before Buffalo. But now the The Saints!!! I'm bummed.. What's next, Cleveland???

Great game to watch. Imagine what it was like to be in the French Quarter last night/today..

That onside kick to start the second half was the balls-iest call I have ever seen in the SB. Nice to see the Manning brothers take a nick to that image. Peyton did you just throw a back breaking interception? Did you do that?

Archie must be smiling.. Sorry son, but it's New Orleans..

I had no rooting interest, but found the game to be somewhat underwhelming. Not a ton of big plays on offense and except for the interception by Porter, pretty much the same on defense.

I found the whole thing pretty boring.

The Saints have a SB before the Bills. It was bad enough when TB won one before Buffalo. But now the The Saints!!! I'm bummed.. What's next, Cleveland???

Well the Ravens did win one...

Archived