Sens are hurting no longer and surging

wjag

Ottawa lost Winchester for three weeks last night in Florida. They also added Kuba to the list with a banged up wrist.

That means they are missing: Alfie (another week), Spezza (beginning skating this week, maybe back before Olympics), and Michalek.

They dropped a game to Carolina tonight losing their fourth in a row. Sitting precariously in the seventh spot one point ahead of the ninth place team.

Drop Ottawa drop..

Ottawa lost Winchester for three weeks last night in Florida. They also added Kuba to the list with a banged up wrist.

That means they are missing: Alfie (another week), Spezza (beginning skating this week, maybe back before Olympics), and Michalek.

They dropped a game to Carolina tonight losing their fourth in a row. Sitting precariously in the seventh spot one point ahead of the ninth place team.

Drop Ottawa drop..

I hope you knocked on wood when you posted this. The Sabres have been able to stay away the major injury. Knock on wood.

I hope you knocked on wood when you posted this. The Sabres have been able to stay away the major injury. Knock on wood.

I don't believe in jinxing teams. My insignifcant life and what I think or say has nothing, zero, nil, nada influence on what happens to the Buffalo Sabres. Injuries are a part of sports. Buffalo has had their fair share already this season. There will certainly be more.

Let's pray they plummet out of the playoffs...it sure would suck to be a first or second seed and get swept by those #%^$#!ers in the 1st round.

I would/will dread any playoff matchup that pits Buffalo versus Ottawa until such time as Buffalo shows they can beat them. Let someone else play them. As JuJu says, they are Kryptonite for the Sabres.

I would/will dread any playoff matchup that pits Buffalo versus Ottawa until such time as Buffalo shows they can beat them. Let someone else play them. As JuJu says, they are Kryptonite for the Sabres.

Didn't we all think the same thing in 2005-06? They blew the Sabres out several times in the first half of the season. That team found a way (well, actually several ways) come playoff time.

Didn't we all think the same thing in 2005-06? They blew the Sabres out several times in the first half of the season. That team found a way (well, actually several ways) come playoff time.

Yep. And then, the next year...

I really would like another team to knock the Sens out.

That particular Sens team had Emery in goal though.

I know he was in net again next year, however my point is that any team with Ray Emery between the pipes is very beatable as long as you go to the net and pick up a few of the half-a-gazillion rebounds that talentless hack leaves every night :thumbsup:

Drop Ottawa drop..

So sad too bad :cry: ..... karma is a be'otch when you've got Neil and Ruutu pulling their crap on a regular basis even if it's only against the Sabres.

Though it would be great to see the Sens drop as far down as possible, I must say that a 9th place finish for them would be so much more satisfying to see. If they tank from these injuries, can you just see those jerks with a top 4 or 5 pick next summer because of their misfortunes?

Though it would be great to see the Sens drop as far down as possible, I must say that a 9th place finish for them would be so much more satisfying to see. If they tank from these injuries, can you just see those jerks with a top 4 or 5 pick next summer because of their misfortunes?

A 9th place finish where they are tied in points with the 8th place team but lost some tiebreaker in which Chris Neil had a personal role to play would be just about perfect in my book.

A 9th place finish where they are tied in points with the 8th place team but lost some tiebreaker in which Chris Neil had a personal role to play would be just about perfect in my book.

Like failing to equalize in regular time in the last game of the season with Neil missing an open net?

:beer:

It's looking like the Sens are going to miss the playoffs, even with our help.

Finished 6-1. That's five in a row.. Drop Ottawa Drop

Heard on the Thrashers telecast that this is their first REGULATION win since Nov 30, 2009.. Ouch.. Nice Ottawa could oblige.

Archived