Sens are hurting no longer and surging

wjag

Finished 6-1. That's five in a row.. Drop Ottawa Drop

Heard on the Thrashers telecast that this is their first REGULATION win since Nov 30, 2009.. Ouch.. Nice Ottawa could oblige.

How Don Waddell still has a job is a true mystery. Either the ownership group is even more clueless than they appear or Don has some pretty interesting photos to share.

Either way, it truly sucks to be a Thrashers fan.

They'll right the ship the second they play against the Sabres.

I agree. The only way to get past this thing is to put a Washington-type pasting on them like 8-1. They sneak by in OT just won't cut it. Buffalo always seems to give up the first goal too. Would be helpful when they do play again to get the first goal.

I agree. The only way to get past this thing is to put a Washington-type pasting on them like 8-1. They sneak by in OT just won't cut it. Buffalo always seems to give up the first goal too. Would be helpful when they do play again to get the first goal.

Just take them to OT and get a point out of it like they did in the last game. I'd be happy with that.

The Kovulchuk mess is going to make it worse. Either they sign Yashin-Lite to a long term deal, handcuffing the team to loser status for the next decade or they move him for 50 cents on the dollar. Either way, bend over Thrashers fans.

How Don Waddell still has a job is a true mystery. Either the ownership group is even more clueless than they appear or Don has some pretty interesting photos to share.

I'm not going to say Wadell isn't at fault, but the IMO the ownership group down here shoulders most of the blame. It's the true definition of a cluster**** & the team/fans suffer as a result.

From TSN:

"Ottawa Senators goaltender Pascal Leclaire was hurt in practice on Thursday, prompting the team to recall goaltender Mike Brodeur from Binghamton of the American Hockey League on an emergency basis.

Leclaire was hurt when he was hit by a shot in the morning practice. It is not known where he was hit or how serious the injury is. "

From TSN:

"Ottawa Senators goaltender Pascal Leclaire was hurt in practice on Thursday, prompting the team to recall goaltender Mike Brodeur from Binghamton of the American Hockey League on an emergency basis.

Leclaire was hurt when he was hit by a shot in the morning practice. It is not known where he was hit or how serious the injury is. "

Who was their backup goalie yesterday? I know Elliott was ill.

Don't know, but they sure didn't need him. Back to back games, the Rags were shut out by a Brodeur.

I was on TSN last night and two of the headlines were:

Brodeur picks up 1st NHL shutout ...

Miller has a goal and an assist ...

Neither was the one that we are used to talking about.

Don't know, but they sure didn't need him. Back to back games, the Rags were shut out by a Brodeur.

That's awesome. I bet their losing their chit on their message boards. I might have to go over and have a peak.

I was on TSN last night and two of the headlines were:

Brodeur picks up 1st NHL shutout ...

Miller has a goal and an assist ...

Neither was the one that we are used to talking about.

Haha.. that's a good one right there

From TSN:

That is not good news that the Sens brought up Brodeur. He singlehandedly made a HORRIBLE Amerks team last year respectable.

Granted it was the Rags he played yesterday, but I am not happy that the Sens figured out (accidentally) that this guy should be in the NHL.

That is not good news that the Sens brought up Brodeur. He singlehandedly made a HORRIBLE Amerks team last year respectable.

Granted it was the Rags he played yesterday, but I am not happy that the Sens figured out (accidentally) that this guy should be in the NHL.

How come the Amerks traded him to the B-Sens?

Funnily enough, Brodeur's AHL stats are pretty ordinary - 3.03 GA and 0.892%..

That ###### Alfie got back this weekend and the team turns on its head.. gah

And his NHL stats are pretty darn good.

I haven't seen him play at all this year in the AHL, so don't know why the stats are what they are. All I know is if he didn't go to Ra-cha-cha last year, they seriously would have been challenged to have had double digits in the W column; they were that bad; they were ~2-20 when they signed him. He single-handedly made them respectable (not good, but respectable).

Alfie with a natural (if your definition requires just successive goal, not necessarily in the same period) hat trick against the Bruins today. Other than the fact that it didn't go to OT, I'm not sure how I feel about that result. Bruins were closer (and still have played fewer games), so our lead in the NE is a little bigger now (well, it's an additional game-in-hand, anyway.) However, if the Sens get healthy and continue to get good goaltending from Brodeur and Elliot (played today), they could make a real push down the stretch. I'd almost rather have had a little more room on them. Besides, after the last two years, until they are locked into the playoffs, I'm happier to see those bubble (6-12) teams sink farther away.

• 2 weeks later...

Worst possible scenario. Well, actually, the Canadiens winning in OT might actually have been worse. If there is any chance of the Sabres going into a tailspin over the next couple of months, I'd like that pack of 6-13 teams to be as far away as possible. Boy, it will be nice if/when they get enough points for that feeling (you know, the one supplied by their finishes in each of the last two years) goes away.

Worst possible scenario. Well, actually, the Canadiens winning in OT might actually have been worse. If there is any chance of the Sabres going into a tailspin over the next couple of months, I'd like that pack of 6-13 teams to be as far away as possible. Boy, it will be nice if/when they get enough points for that feeling (you know, the one supplied by their finishes in each of the last two years) goes away.

Wow spoken like a true paranoid Bflo fan. The way this team is/has been playing this season is different and I for one do not see that happening. That said I could still see us dropping to 7th or 8th but short of some key injuries I think this team is good enough to make the party.

Last IMO on this subject. I like good hockey and if our team can't earn a place and beat teams that are playing good hockey or they aren't playing good enough hockey themselves then they do not really deserve to be there. I do not like the idea of backing in or barely hanging on to make the playoff's , I want them to deserve to be there. The next bunch of games with the current seedings and teams in chase will tell me a lot about this team deserving to be there and thats what I am watching for.

Archived