WJC 2010 Thread

Eleven

Not in the year of May Day he didn't!!!

Fans get caught up in it SwampD. I'm not agreeing with the chants, I'm just sayin'. People get caught up in it.

I guess I'm just remembering the rest of the 80's when it didn't work against Boston. The Bruins ruined my childhood except for that year.

Congrats you guys. What a game. Can you imagine the atmosphere next year in the HSBC? It will be rocking even more than a Leafs/Sabres game.

Ah well, hopefully we get our revenge in the Olympics!

I hate that either team had to lose. What a great game. What a great tournament.

I don't know. After weeks of reading on TSN how awesome Team Canada was, I'm really enjoying the song I'm hearing from my TV right now.

Great game, tough result.

It was clear that this year neither team had a goalie that would make NHL GM's salivate, yet.

I didn't like Canada's goaltenders this year. They were very shaky in the big games.

Anyway, good game. Now back to the pros.

Eleven, you should enjoy the song. You don't get to hear too often when it comes to hockey.

As for TSN. I think they do a fairly good job of trying to be neutral. Clearly they want Canada to win but they don't call a homer game like NBC does say........ The entire US Olympic Team for ALL sports!

Great game, tough result.

It was clear that this year neither team had a goalie that would make NHL GM's salivate, yet.

I didn't like Canada's goaltenders this year. They were very shaky in the big games.

Anyway, good game. Now back to the pros.

Eleven, you should enjoy the song. You don't get to hear too often when it comes to hockey.

As for TSN. I think they do a fairly good job of trying to be neutral. Clearly they want Canada to win but they don't call a homer game like NBC does say........ The entire US Olympic Team for ALL sports!

1. Unfortunately, you're right, but at least Miller gives me a chance of hearing it again this year!

2. I meant the website. I rarely get to see TSN on TV (and I wish I were able to see more of it). The website was hardly balanced--and I'm not suggesting that it should have been, either.

I don't know. After weeks of reading on TSN how awesome Team Canada was, I'm really enjoying the song I'm hearing from my TV right now.

Growing up in Buffalo, I have more in common with people from Toronto than I do people from Philadelphia. I would have been happy with either team winning.

And Team Canada was awesome. I don't know how they lost other than goaltending and numbers (after enough times, every team loses).

I'll bet you a buck that TSN buries this on their web page. I get their daily e-mail and they only headline Canadian teams that win. Whenever the Sabres beat the Leafs or Habs, it's always small type, three stories down. Such homers.

PTR

USA! USA! USA!

Final:

US: post-1053-12627491585526.gifpost-1053-12627491585526.gifpost-1053-12627491585526.gifpost-1053-12627491585526.gifpost-1053-12627491585526.gifpost-1053-12627491585526.gif Canada: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I've got serious icon envy :wub:

Great game for both countries. I had to bail at 3-3. Had a feeling the USA team would win, but maybe it was just more hopeful. Canadian goalie wasn't a wall and there was wide open ice in these games.

I'll bet you a buck that TSN buries this on their web page. I get their daily e-mail and they only headline Canadian teams that win. Whenever the Sabres beat the Leafs or Habs, it's always small type, three stories down. Such homers.

PTR

To TSN's credit, it is on the front page.

PTR

ESPN doesn't have it on their front page...but I guess that's no surprise.

Seeing as how Canada has only played the weakest team in their group of course they're going to look good. Switzerland should give them more of a game today but the only threats they have are the Swedes, Americans and Russians. The Americans may have the best defense corps in the tourney and Campbell was the best goalie in the under 18s. I really could see an upset on New Years Eve. January 5th.

Fixed.

This was a great tournament and I loved that the US pulled it out in the end. :thumbsup:

I watched the whole game including the intermission interviews and thoroughly enjoyed it. That was one fun game to watch especially how momentum changed with mistakes made and the spirited play all the way around.

My biggest joy USA beating Canada!!! All those years living in Buffalo a border town, and listening to all the canadiens who came to the Aud to root against the Sabres no matter who they were playing soured me on the "we invented and own hockey attitude a lot of canadians seem to have."

A little tid bit that I hadn't thought of much before the Sabres have the largest number of active USA player's (10), the highest percentage in the league.

USA, USA, USA. Now only 2 more goals for team usa a gold at Olympics and Lord Stanley how great would that trifecta be. ;)

Archived