WJC 2010 Thread

Eleven

Nice win for the US! Tied going into the third, but blew a 5:00 PP early in the period. However, they responded with an even strength goal, then a shorty and finally an empty netter to take it 5-2. Big game tomorrow when they face Canada for the Gold!

Nice win for the US! Tied going into the third, but blew a 5:00 PP early in the period. However, they responded with an even strength goal, then a shorty and finally an empty netter to take it 5-2. Big game tomorrow when they face Canada for the Gold!

Tuesday. ;)

Should be a great CAN-USA final.

I was impressed with USA's Tyler Johnson (#10) in the NYE game. If I recall correctly, I wasn't the only one as he won the "USA player of the game award".

Now, my bar tab from that night and my overall groginess on January 1 indicate that I wasn't in full scouting mode when I was watching the game.

However, I was shocked to learn that Tyler Johnson hasn't been drafted. He was born in 1990 and was eligible for the 2009 draft. He made the USA Junior team last year, one of only a few returning players.

Real eye-opening that a good skater, who plays hard, is defensively responsible, and has nice finishing touch (see 1st goal against Sweden), and who was among the top US players last year was judged to be a less desirable pro-prospect than at least 180 players in 2009.

There must be alot of real good hockey players out there.

Should be a great CAN-USA final.

I was impressed with USA's Tyler Johnson (#10) in the NYE game. If I recall correctly, I wasn't the only one as he won the "USA player of the game award".

Now, my bar tab from that night and my overall groginess on January 1 indicate that I wasn't in full scouting mode when I was watching the game.

However, I was shocked to learn that Tyler Johnson hasn't been drafted. He was born in 1990 and was eligible for the 2009 draft. He made the USA Junior team last year, one of only a few returning players.

Real eye-opening that a good skater, who plays hard, is defensively responsible, and has nice finishing touch (see 1st goal against Sweden), and who was among the top US players last year was judged to be a less desirable pro-prospect than at least 180 players in 2009.

There must be alot of real good hockey players out there.

Anyone know how that works? Is the kid a free agent? Eligible for next years draft?

I turned on the 3rd period of the re-air of the US-Sweden game yesterday after work without knowing the result. Right after that 5 minute PP, they ran a thing at the bottom of the screen that said "Canada and USA advance to championship". Thanks a lot NHL network. :wallbash:

ever, I was shocked to learn that Tyler Johnson hasn't been drafted. He was born in 1990 and was eligible for the 2009 draft. He made the USA Junior team last year, one of only a few returning players.

If you look at the guys around him (above and below him) in scoring just on his team, they were all drafted last year. The only thing that I can figure is that he was late getting involved - it was only his second season in the WHL and the first wasn't anything special - and being as small as he is, nobody want to take the risk without seeing more evidence. He's a PPG player again this year, which is decent in the WHL, so assuming that he is eligible this year, he should get picked up, even if it's in a late round.

BTW, that 5 min US PP was as frustrating to watch as a Sabres' 5 min PP.

BTW, that 5 min US PP was as frustrating to watch as a Sabres' 5 min PP.

I couldn't understand why Warsofsky didn't get any time on that powerplay. I haven't seen much of the tourney, so maybe he's struggling (he did make a poor play on that late tying SHG in the Canada game), but he's the prototypical powerplay QB, a Brian Rafalski-type. His skating would have definitely helped that mostly immobile PP they had going.

Adam with number 2 on the night ties it. US changes it goaltender.

Edit: they're saying that Adams didn't make contact with the puck when he crashed the net, so Hall gets the goal and Adam get the assist (passed it to Hall before crashing.)

US: post-1053-12627437051385.gifpost-1053-12627437051385.gifpost-1053-12627437051385.gif Canada: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Archived