GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Roy was horrible on the PP and didn't deserve to be in the shootout.

Roy is consistently bad on the PP, he hangs onto the puck trying to lull a defender to sleep while wasting valuable time. The Sabres probably have the least rapid puck movement on the power play of any team I've seen play this year.

That was a really entertaining game! :beer:

Oddly enough, I liked Pominville's effort tonight.

Roy deserves a good dick punch for that showboating attempt in the shoot out though. :thumbdown:

:thumbsup:

I gotta say, Pittsburgh doesn't scare me as much now. With Vanek and Miller in we'll stick with'em all year.

That was a really entertaining game! :beer:

Oddly enough, I liked Pominville's effort tonight.

Roy deserves a good dick punch for that showboating attempt in the shoot out though. :thumbdown:

Roy is aggravating.

Connolly had his moments tonight as well. He is not himself.

Take the point.

I hate to say that we are fortunate to take the point against this team.

Leafs on Monday.

I'll take the point. Sabres playing with Lalime in net without Vanek and get a point off arguably the best team in the league. I'll take it. Great defensive game by the Sabres and gave the Pens nothing. Lalime played really well as well. Only two negatives for me was I thought the powerplay was lousy and the shots in the shootout were lousy. Besides those two things I'll take the point with Lalime in net. The last two outings against really high scoring teams have given me much more faith in Lalime's game. Glad to see his game picking up when we need him during this stretch.

Game thoughts...

- Kennedy continues to be the best Sabre on most nights.

- Lalime with once again, a better effort than expected.

- Roy and Stafford in the SO were pathetic.

- Has the PP become so bad that they have resorted to throwing any 5 players out there?

- I was glad to see a point. During the third period, I thought the Sabres were going to lose the game in regulation.

- Did Kaleta get hurt again? He was on the bench, but I don't recall seeing him at all in the 3rd period.

Don't have time to read the whole thread, but:

Kennedy and Mac are workers!..... Our goal was made possible by Kennedy's work in getting in and digging that puck out (but also props to Mac and Lyds for the nice give and give).

I've missed a few games this year, but that one was definitely the most exciting I've seen so far. Wish I was in town to see it!

Lastly... despite the criticisms of Lalime AFTER TWO STARTS this year, I think a few of us need to back off and give the man some credit please. (and yes I saw the shootout.)

Thank God for hockey season :)

- Did Kaleta get hurt again? He was on the bench, but I don't recall seeing him at all in the 3rd period.

I don't think he was hurt. I think with all the powerplay and penalties in the third, his time was cut because he mostly plays even strength. That's probably why you didn't see much of Ellis in the third period either. I also suspect that Lindy wanted to ease him back and make sure he wasn't too hurt, so he didn't play much on the PK tonight, although I did see him out there for a few seconds on the PK earlier in the game. Don't think he was hurt, just precautionary would be my guess.

I don't think he was hurt. I think with all the powerplay and penalties in the third, his time was cut because he mostly plays even strength. That's probably why you didn't see much of Ellis in the third period either. I also suspect that Lindy wanted to ease him back and make sure he wasn't too hurt, so he didn't play much on the PK tonight, although I did see him out there for a few seconds on the PK earlier in the game. Don't think he was hurt, just precautionary would be my guess.

Lindy should have used Kaleta and Ellis on the power play and sat Roy and Connolly.

Lindy should have used Kaleta and Ellis on the power play and sat Roy and Connolly.

My analysis of the game:

Excellent team effort overall!

Patrick Lalime was excellent!

Roy and Stafford, the purpose of the shootout is to shoot.

Who knows, if they make the shots and at least one scores - who knows?

I thought our PP looked decent. Pens looked good there too - but couldn't score either!

We should have won! But as it is said "good teams are lucky - lucky teams are good"

Both teams are excellent but one was a tad luckier tonight.

At least there was no goon hockey involved - world class!

Could be a preview of the Eastern Confernce Finals.

Archived