# of games suspended  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be

• 1 or 2?
    • 2-5 games
    • 5 plus?
    • as many as he is out injured
    • none

Is there any precedent here, where the offending player has been knocked out of the lineup in the commission of the suspendable crime?

I wouldn't think a suspension could run concurrently with an injury. He'd have to be suspended for games he COULD play in, right? Of course, the Caps could still cheat, saying Ovechkin is ready to return when he's not.

Unfortunately, either way you are one of the biggest tools I have ever heard on the radio

Why thank you......It is sports talk for smart people, so you obviously are not intelligent.....please, for everyone's safety, I am telling you to only use the GR website....For ratings purposes, turn on the radio so the volume is so low you cannot hear us.....Thank you sir!

Why thank you......It is sports talk for smart people, so you obviously are not intelligent.....please, for everyone's safety, I am telling you to only use the GR website....For ratings purposes, turn on the radio so the volume is so low you cannot hear us.....Thank you sir!

Whatever, Dr.HookakaEZC.

The article doesn't say when the suspension kicks in.

IIRC, the league had planned on making Timmy serve the last 2 games of his suspension after his 1st season long concussion recovery, but then when the league scrapped the '04-'05 season they dropped the suspension as well.

Too busy to look up details of how/why he was allowed to play in the opener in '05, but he did play in that game. I believe it was a case of the league deciding that missing 2 full years of NHL hockey was enough.

So, based on the league's plans to enforce Timmy's suspension had they not locked the players out, Ovie's suspension should kick in when he's cleared to play but the league seems to make up the rules as it goes along.

The article doesn't say when the suspension kicks in.

Well if they were smart(washington that is), they should activate him if he is hurt so he can serve the suspension while he wouldn't be playing either way. It's cheating the system but they could do it. Either way, I'm happy they are showing all the superstars in the league if you're gonna play that way, there are going to be consequences.

...Regardless if he was going to miss the games due to injury or not?

I have tickets to the game on wenesday, and i going to be really pissed if OV isn't going to be there.

I dont think there should of been a suspension on the play, but given Alex's "record", i understand why one was merited. I think 2 games is good, you dont want that starpower in the box for 5 to 10 games. I'm thinking of this suspension as more of a last warning for Ovechkin, rather than a solid disiplinary action. Almost as if to say, "Watch yourself outthere or next time its 5 games".

Moreover i think people should stop arguing about the short length of the suspension. Ovechkin does play the game with a touch of "Reckless Abandon". But isn't that what hockey's all about? He might or might not of ran Gleason, but so what? At least he finished the play. At least he brings an edge. Who wants a league full of superstars like Crosby? Let the man play. OV has already stated he's not tuning it down after this incident, and good for him. Hes a damn machine, the league needs more players that posess the intensity of Alex the great.

Either way, I'm happy they are showing all the superstars in the league if you're gonna play that way, there are going to be consequences.

I don't know about that just yet, I'll believe it when I see Mike Richards suspended, dirty &*@%%^$@#!

no games.....he is not a goon type player, he is a superstar and should be treated as such!

I am friends with Chris Clark of the Capitals and in talking with Chris, although he admires OVIE'S talents he finds him very arrogant and unteachable. Maybe with his skills and high profile in the NHL that should overshadow is conducted on the ice in his minds eye but I don't feel any player is above league rules. At any rate I know of quite a few players for the CAP'S who are smiling inside about his 2 game suspension.

I am friends with Chris Clark of the Capitals and in talking with Chris, although he admires OVIE'S talents he finds him very arrogant and unteachable. Maybe with his skills and high profile in the NHL that should overshadow is conducted on the ice in his minds eye but I don't feel any player is above league rules. At any rate I know of quite a few players for the CAP'S who are smiling inside about his 2 game suspension.

And as a "friend" of these players, you are doing them a wonderful service by posting these thoughts on a public forum.

Archived