Wanted: a doghouse for the coach

NHLopinion

A doghouse for a coach, who selectively puts players there:

If there was a hypothetical doghouse for coaches Ruff would be on his way to Portland to brush up on the basics.

Q:With 3 minutes remaining and down by one goal following a commercial break and a time out in hand who does ole Lindy send out onto the ice?

A:Pat Kaleta and Paulie 'the gooser' Guastad

Q: And who would have guessed?

A: Any casual fan of the Buffalo Sabres

Which is exactly what you must be.

Seriously dude... chill the **** out, it's one game and the loss had way more to do with the players than the coach. Lindy has proven that by and large he knows what he is doing, which is why he has been in charge for 12 seasons while most everyone else in the league has been playing musical chairs. Maybe if Vanek decided to show up more often, Lindy would give him more ice time. I don't think Lindy ever had to bench Drury because he came to play every game.

Good point, but I don't strictly focus on the here and now. I regularly make a habit of forecasting, technically before the results are in that is opinion.

Even though, when I do, you take it to the bank.

So, then ... what are the Powerball numbers for Saturday?

For the newbies on this board, who is this infamous theWhale, and what's his claim to fame/shame/the game?

An annoyingly pathetic periodic poster who despite having some hockey knowledge eliminates any chance of ever being taken seriously by infusing his posts with degrading and condescending personal comments. He chooses a new screen name here (and LGS) every couple of months, posts something like this (or worse) and then gets banned.

An annoyingly pathetic periodic poster who despite having some hockey knowledge eliminates any chance of ever being taken seriously by infusing his posts with degrading and condescending personal comments. He chooses a new screen name here (and LGS) every couple of months, posts something like this (or worse) and then gets banned.

Oh, I understand - this fellow has a small penis and is probably genuinely ugly to look at (ya know, ugly like a TROLL). These characteristics bred self hate and this, along with limited reasoning faculties, long ago led to an anger at God (or Fate, whichever) which could only be satiated by thrashing out anonymously at strangers in the true coward's fashion.

Awesome! I suppose the internet has helped to avoid murders by giving these mentally ill people a place to vent their frustrations at life. So, we can all feel good that we have probably saved a life by temporarily entertaining the TROLL.

Here's the proof in the pudding. SDS (bless his heart) has already put him in his place.

IIRC, he's also been known as TheBrain in the past as well. Mentioning "theWhale" is redundant because they're one and the same.

Ever notice something about people who talk about how smart they are, or how much money they have, or how successful with women they are, or...?

Yep! They usually don't brag about it. Those attributes normally speak for themselves.

BTW, some of the postings on this thread by those other than NHLopinion have been downright hilarious. I loved it when Mbossy told him to slowly step away from the bong.

Also, this thread should be retitled "Wanted: a troll in the doghouse - permanently".

For someone who frequents message boards as often as yourself, you sure do spell like sh!t....

You're also annoying and boarderline retarded, but no point mentioning the obvious. Enjoy your short stay with us, I hope you accomplish your goals here and in life :thumbsup:

Edit - BTW, you are who I think of when I look at my Avatar. that is all.

For someone who frequents message boards as often as yourself, you sure do spell like sh!t....

You're also annoying and boarderline retarded, but no point mentioning the obvious. Enjoy your short stay with us, I hope you accomplish your goals here and in life :thumbsup:

Edit - BTW, you are who I think of when I look at my Avatar. that is all.

I think it's safe to say that SDS took care of that creature. Look up a couple of posts above yours, where I provide a link.

Good post?

Oh, that's right, anything that unintelligently bashes the living hell out of the Sabres, Lindy Ruff, Darcy Regier or Santa Claus is a "good post" to you.

I've always wondered if you were a closet Flyers fan from PA posting on a Sabres site for effect.

Eric Lindros was hot.

You know what I haven't had in a while? A good plate of nachos.

What are your feelings on nacho toppings? I find some places over do it. They pile everything on and crush the chips. It's hard to find a place with good balance. I prefer just some melted cheese and maybe taco meat or some shredded chicken with the sour cream, salsa and guacamole on the side.

An excerpt from what I posted over at LGS in Vanek thread:

So, unless you are advocating that Lindy play just two lines for the last five minutes in a one-goal game, I not sure what the problem is. If it weren't for a late penalty at the end of the shift by Kaleta, we would have likely seen the top two lines finish up the game, as you would expect.

This was a helpful post (your quote from the other thread). May I ask what is LGS?

What are your feelings on nacho toppings? I find some places over do it. They pile everything on and crush the chips. It's hard to find a place with good balance. I prefer just some melted cheese and maybe taco meat or some shredded chicken with the sour cream, salsa and guacamole on the side.

I'm not too crazy about sour cream or quac, so your idea of putting them on the side is pure brilliance. No one is eating the whole plate alone. They're always sharing, so don't ruin an entire section of the plate for someone who doesn't like that stuff. Put it on the side. As for the other stuff, chicken is always a safe bet. I had some nachos one time that had chili mixed in with the topping and that was pretty damn good. I wish I could remember where that was because I would look for it again. Oh, and the occasional jalapeño always adds a nice little kick of flavor, but some places can go way over the top with them. Like you said, there needs to be a good balance.

My feelings exactly. :thumbsup:

Chips, cheese and meat; everything else on the side (I don't like any of them, so get them off of my nachos.)

This was a helpful post (your quote from the other thread). May I ask what is LGS?

LetsGoSabres. It's another Sabres forum. SabreSpace is my first and favorite, but I check LGS, too.

I applaud the fact that this particular troll got banned. However, I'm not sure if this forum is ISP/IP address sensitive or not. I know of some places that, once someone is banned, their IP address is recorded and they will never get access to another forum or other significant place related to where they were banned. Having said that, if this forum is not, then I would not be surprised if this lurking troll comes back in a month or two posing as someone else and railroads every fan who doesn't agree with his synopsis.

I thought you were talking about inkman or PASabresFan for millisecond there.. my bad.

Archived