Scotty Bowman Comments On Tyler Myers

CallawaySabres

He said he was THE BEST skating player of that size he has ever seen in his career. Not too shabby...

Not to be a smart-aleck, but isn't Chara the only other player of that size? So really all he was saying was that Myers is a better skater than Chara? That doesn't really seem like a big deal. Is there more that I'm missing?

Not to be a smart-aleck, but isn't Chara the only other player of that size? So really all he was saying was that Myers is a better skater than Chara? That doesn't really seem like a big deal. Is there more that I'm missing?

That's pretty much what I was thinking. With his background, Scotty has seen more guys that size than just Chara and Myers, but still, we're talking about a much smaller number of players here. It still has plenty of meaning though.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. With his background, Scotty has seen more guys that size than just Chara and Myers, but still, we're talking about a much smaller number of players here. It still has plenty of meaning though.

I really don't care one hoot what Bowman thinks about Myers, as long as he keeps helping us win. All we've had up to this point is moral victories. I want actual ones now.

I really don't care one hoot what Bowman thinks about Myers, as long as he keeps helping us win. All we've had up to this point is moral victories. All I want is actual ones now.

So i dreamt that the Sabres had 7 wins? :o

fixed

Don't forget the living legend.....Hal Gill.

He said the same thing about Adam Creighton. And Giles Hamel. And Gates Orlando.

All joking aside, it is a nice comment from Scott. Yes, Scott has seen more big-men then everyone on this websites (collectively). A great skating big man was Kjell Samuelsson at 6 ft 6 in. Larry Robinson is/was 6 ft 5 in.

And Myers is a special player -- no doubt. He needs to play a little more physical down low -- and he will be an all-star in the National League. He is a little soft around the cage. On offense, he is delightful. His reach keeps himin every play. His passing touch is impressive. And when he gets skating through the neutral zone he looks like an in-heat Wildebeest out there!

When he wants Charra type money in two years, I hope they keep him. We shall see...

How coud you forget about MIKE WILSON!!!!!!

Myers probably only has 4 or 5 inches on him.

I wonder what Mike is doing these days? :lol:

Mike runs a hockey school here in the Cleveland area.

http://www.puckmasters.com/page/show/46902-love-hockey-make-it-your-business-

"I was so impressed with the Puckmasters hockey training system and the way it simplifies owning your own hockey business, that I had to bring it to my new home of Ohio."

Mike Wilson, NHL player, and franchise owner for Cleveland, OH

I'm sure Pronger is somewhere in the discussion at 6'6".

Regardless, Myers is FAR ahead of most tall defensemen in that portion of the game. The scary thing is he's got 10 seasons until he plays his best hockey. Hopefully all of them are in Buffalo.

Yep.

He has a lot to learn about play in his own end, but his coordination at this age with this size is truly remarkable.

Chara is the only guy that size you've heard of. There are probably hundreds of tall guys who don't get to this level because they can't skate.

Mike runs a hockey school here in the Cleveland area.

http://www.puckmasters.com/page/show/46902-love-hockey-make-it-your-business-

"I was so impressed with the Puckmasters hockey training system and the way it simplifies owning your own hockey business, that I had to bring it to my new home of Ohio."

Mike Wilson, NHL player, and franchise owner for Cleveland, OH

"Other than playing in the NHL again...uh....there's nothing I'd rather be doing"

WOW

Now future little NHL'ers from the Cleveland area can be schooled in the finer details of playing soft around the net.

And whats with the guy nervously massaging the kid's neck? It was creeping me out.

It's hard to argue with Tavares - he's been awesome in the games I've watched. The play he made assisting on the game winner last night wasn't something a rookie does.

Tavares has some sick hands and will probably fill more seats.

But an 18 year old defensemen that is as complete and as big as Hedman is pretty amazing.

Either way....having the problem of drafting Tavares or Hedman was a nice problem to have.

Archived