Who's gonna get the open spot in the lineup?

nfreeman

Who's moving up?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Vanek's out for a few weeks, so someone who hasn't played yet is going to get into the lineup. Who's it gonna be? As always, the question is not who do you want -- it's what will actually happen.

• Mair
    • Paetsch
    • Paille
    • Gerbe
    • Mancari/other

Well, after all the teeth-gnashing and ruminating about too many defensemen and too many forwards, injuries have solved the Sabres' roster problems yet again. Sekera is out for a few weeks and now so is Vanek. Who's gonna move into the starting lineup?

My guess is Mair. Lindy's always liked him. Lindy also referred to Paille's preseason as "nondescript", which sounds pretty bad. Anyway, I'd guess Kennedy moves up to Roy's line, Gaustad moves up to #3 center, and Mair moves in as 4th-line center.

Well, after all the teeth-gnashing and ruminating about too many defensemen and too many forwards, injuries have solved the Sabres' roster problems yet again. Sekera is out for a few weeks and now so is Vanek. Who's gonna move into the starting lineup?

My guess is Mair. Lindy's always liked him. Lindy also referred to Paille's preseason as "nondescript", which sounds pretty bad. Anyway, I'd guess Kennedy moves up to Roy's line, Gaustad moves up to #3 center, and Mair moves in as 4th-line center.

I want to see Paille, but I agree with you...Mair is a favorite of Lindy's and I expect him to be in the lineup. I could eventually see a rotation of Mair, Ellis and Paille.

I want to see Paille, but I agree with you...Mair is a favorite of Lindy's and I expect him to be in the lineup. I could eventually see a rotation of Mair, Ellis and Paille.

It seems pretty obvious to me. Mair is 30 and on the last year of his contract. This is probably his last year here. Paille is 25 and in the last year of his deal, but will be restricted after this season. There is still a potential future within the organization for him. He needs to get in there to see if he's worth keeping around beyond this year. He also offers more offensive ability than Mair, which is a big plus considering who we just lost yesterday.

While I'd like to see Mair play, I don't want Connolly moved to the wing to fill in for Vanek and then need Mair for a center. I'd rather see Paille on one of the top lines. He's played well there before. It seems with Paille he gets bored being on a checking line and takes the night off. When he plays with Connolly and Pommers he does better IMO.

WGR site says Mair skated with Roy and Stafford and the other lines stayed the same today ... could that mean they are waiting for Gerbe to get to town to step in there? Lindy said coming out of camp that he had to play on the top 2 lines if he wanted to be in Buffalo ... and this is an opening there.

I like that the other lines would stay together, but I also think it's the perfect time to put Paille in there and essentially tell him it's his last chance ... Gerbe is just about ready, they know what they have in Mair ... go out and show you deserve a roster spot let alone a spot in the lineup.

But I voted Gerbe due to Mair skating with that line ... that seems hinky to me.

WGR site says Mair skated with Roy and Stafford and the other lines stayed the same today

But I voted Gerbe due to Mair skating with that line ... that seems hinky to me.

I don't care who it is, as long as they don't screw with the other lines.

Two reasons Lindy did it.

He doesn't want to mess with line chemistry.

He does indeed plan on Gerbe or someone else skating there.

I suppose both could be true, I'd be suprised if Mair stayed on that line.

WGR site says Mair skated with Roy and Stafford and the other lines stayed the same today ... could that mean they are waiting for Gerbe to get to town to step in there? Lindy said coming out of camp that he had to play on the top 2 lines if he wanted to be in Buffalo ... and this is an opening there.

I like that the other lines would stay together, but I also think it's the perfect time to put Paille in there and essentially tell him it's his last chance ... Gerbe is just about ready, they know what they have in Mair ... go out and show you deserve a roster spot let alone a spot in the lineup.

The Sabres should stay away from hinky... That doesn't sound good.

I voted for the obvious... It'll be Paille...

I like it when Adam gets to play on a top line (just for a single game; I'm not totally crazy.) He works hard and isn't completely devoid of offensive talent. He's not a fine-tuned offensive machine, but it's usually interesting when he's playing up there.

I dont know why Lindy seems to hate Paille so much. Personally I like paille in the lineup, he can check and isn't afraid to play physical. He's not gonna fight like mair but he has a better opportunity to score a goal than mair

I dont know, I still dont see this team as a physical team.

Rivet is the only really physcial guy who looks like he loves hitting. I thought it was funny when they interviewed babcock last game, he said "well the sabres try to be physical but they really only have one energy line"

No goose isnt a physical presence hes a pansy, hes too lanky to be a decent checker.

Bottom line is vanek gets replaced with someone who sucks.

Rivet is the only really physcial guy who looks like he loves hitting. I thought it was funny when they interviewed babcock last game, he said "well the sabres try to be physical but they really only have one energy line"

No goose isnt a physical presence hes a pansy, hes too lanky to be a decent checker.

Uhhh, I think you're forgetting someone else...and it should be kinda obvious. :blink:

What's your attitude like when they lose a few in a row?

Gaustad is not a pansy, he plays physical, his skating just isn't up to open ice checker level, like Kaleta, Peca, etc...

What's your attitude like when they lose a few in a row?

Gaustad is not a pansy, he plays physical, his skating just isn't up to open ice checker level, like Kaleta, Peca, etc...

i guess it depends on what you define as physical play. I just dont see goose as physical like ellis, mair or rivet, but hes a grinder.

My attitude when they lose a few isnt like those of some where the sky appears to be falling. this team is going to win with skill not bashing teams into submission. Look at the detroit game, puck control, crisp passing.

Archived