[OT] Actor or actress that you dislike the most...

LabattBlue

One more OT thread before the season opener! B-)

I refuse to watch anything that Meryl Streep is in. I don't like her and I therefore I don't like any film she is in. Latest example...my daughter was watching Mamma Mia and I thought I'd sit down and spend some time with her. As soon as I realized that Streep was in it, I lost all interest and found something else to do. French Lieutenant's Woman, Out of Africa, etc... :sick:

Gwenyth Patrow. Pretension personified. Not hot. Makes dumb movies. Has important 'opinions' Marries a Brit and thinks that makes her part of the aristocracy.

Can't wait for 'Apple' to tell mom what she really thinks of her name when returning home buzzed on x and sans panties in a few years.

I was going to say her too for that reason alone. I hate chris coldplay. The only person who is more narcissistic than him is Bono. And that's a close second.

A lot of those Hollywood types could make a lengthy rap sheet - and every one of those that were previously mentioned present a strong case for actors and actresses we absolutely can't stand.

Having said that, let's throw one (or two) into the pot. Brangelina! :sick: Does a week ever go by when the tabloids at Wal-Mart don't talk about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? It's like "All Brangelina, All the Time." :wallbash: :pirate: :death:

If people would stop buying the rubbish, those magazines would go out of business in a heartbeat...

Having said that, let's throw one (or two) into the pot. Brangelina! :sick: Does a week ever go by when the tabloids at Wal-Mart don't talk about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? It's like "All Brangelina, All the Time." :wallbash: :pirate: :death:

Step one: don't look at the Tabloids. Some of the people that go to Walmart are far more entertaining anyways[1].

Step two: don't go to Walmart, purveyors of all things Made in China[2].

And for an actor: Jon Lovitz. I don't care what it is, I'm not watching it if he's in it.

[1] http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

[2] Yes, they undoubtedly sell some stuff that's Made in the USA, but most of it isn't. I'm not a 'Made in the USA' fanatic by any means, but that just seems counterproductive for the nation.

currently I find myself not liking several actors/directors/hollywood types... I'm a HUGE movie guy, I watch movies or several tv shows a day (I have a long commute on a bus so I watch dvds) and this will hurt me... BUT, I can not stand anyone, ANYONE, who thinks the scumbag Roman Polanski should be set free and not put in jail to finally serve time for his horrible crime of child rape. Read the grand jury testimony, understand that he pled guilty and then try to tell me he should be let free and praised for his 'works of art'... These hollywood people who dismiss this and want him to be set free and ignore that he is a child rapist makes me sick. No matter what the 'excuse' is that you use, the FACT remains he did it, pled guilty to it and then ran away and has been free for 30 years. It makes me sick.

With you on both of those, but Jim Carey takes the cake for me..not to high on Vince Vaughn lately either

I don't thinks he's been in a movie the past 5 or so years where he hasn't said "let's all get hopped up and make some bad decisions" or something to that degree.

currently I find myself not liking several actors/directors/hollywood types... I'm a HUGE movie guy, I watch movies or several tv shows a day (I have a long commute on a bus so I watch dvds) and this will hurt me... BUT, I can not stand anyone, ANYONE, who thinks the scumbag Roman Polanski should be set free and not put in jail to finally serve time for his horrible crime of child rape. Read the grand jury testimony, understand that he pled guilty and then try to tell me he should be let free and praised for his 'works of art'... These hollywood people who dismiss this and want him to be set free and ignore that he is a child rapist makes me sick. No matter what the 'excuse' is that you use, the FACT remains he did it, pled guilty to it and then ran away and has been free for 30 years. It makes me sick.

On your commute, if you can listen to podcasts, you might want to check this out from last week:

http://www.onpointradio.org/2009/10/the-polanski-affair

The writer from the Times, Carr, he specializes in media and such, and he totally skewers today's Hollywood........You may end up wanting to go thru whatever device you are listening to, though, to try to strange the French guy........Geraldine Ferraro is actually great on this, IMO. And, I lean conservative.

Archived