Some questions to start the season Part IV

LabattBlue

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which current Sabres won't be with the organization come game # 82(you can choose more than 1)?

• Tallinder
    • Paetsch
    • Lalime
    • Paille
    • Hecht
    • Other(specify below)
  2. 2. Who will be the leading scorer for 09-10?

• Vanek
    • Roy
    • Connolly
    • Pominville
  3. 3. Where will Miller rank in terms of GAA?

• Top 5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16+

1 - Tallinder and Paetsch

What kind of defenseman do you picture them bringing in? Moving those two leaves them with 6 defensemen. If I remember correctly, you had them as a playoff squad, so I can't picture them going into the postseason with a top 7 of Rivet, Lydman, Montador, Butler, Sekera, Myers, and Weber.

1. Paille. He's always been a disappointment and when he doesn't use his size and doesn't hit, he is useless to this team. He was once the OHL hitter of the year. He needs to play good defensive and hitting game, a grinder role, and if he doesn't, i don't think Ruff will keep him around.There is too many players down the farm who could do a better job of his role then he can if he falters. I like what he's done so far, but i can't imagine him keeping this up for long. I don't think Mike Weber is close to NHL status and not sure about Myers yet, so i think Hank is safe. I think he'll have a good contract year and Sabres will use him til the end. If we're in the race by deadline day, Hank will stay.

2. Derek Roy.

3. Top 5. Miller is gonna have a big season i think. With the schedule being a bit crazier then usual due to the olympic break, Miller will get more breaks then usual i think. When he's rested, he's an elite goaltender.

What kind of defenseman do you picture them bringing in? Moving those two leaves them with 6 defensemen. If I remember correctly, you had them as a playoff squad, so I can't picture them going into the postseason with a top 7 of Rivet, Lydman, Montador, Butler, Sekera, Myers, and Weber.

...or they bring in someone else during the season! ;)

That's the 7 I would like to see them go into the season with. Paetsch is not going to see more than 5 games unless we have a repeat of the Carolina series. I like Hank and would love him to return to form, but I think he is done.

3. Top 5. Miller is gonna have a big season i think. With the schedule being a bit crazier then usual due to the olympic break, Miller will get more breaks then usual i think. When he's rested, he's an elite goaltender.

If Miller is in the top 5 (which I believe, also), this team will be in the playoffs.

That's the 7 I would like to see them go into the season with. Paetsch is not going to see more than 5 games unless we have a repeat of the Carolina series. I like Hank and would love him to return to form, but I think he is done.

He's played 63, 59, and 23 games the last 3 seasons. I can't fathom him playing less than 15 games this season just giving guys a breather.

• 6 months later...

Question # 1 Which Sabres will not be here at seasons end?

Answer - Paetsch (32 votes) and Paille (16 votes)

Question # 2 Who will lead the Sabres in points?

Answer - Derek Roy 69 points (16 votes)

Question # 3 Where will Miller finish in GAA?

Answer - 2nd in the league with a 2.22 GAA (9 votes for Top 5 finish)

Good lookback exercise, Labatt -- thanks.

In addition to seeing how badly I did on predictions, I also noticed one of our favorite troll's earlier screen names in the first thread. He's a pretty persistent little bugger, innit?

Good lookback exercise, Labatt -- thanks.

In addition to seeing how badly I did on predictions, I also noticed one of our favorite troll's earlier screen names in the first thread. He's a pretty persistent little bugger, innit?

I think he's back again. I'll have to wait and see how this one plays out.

Do you think that works? It seems like a quick fix that won't solve the underlying problem.

You're not suggesting... Oh my God. But the law is the only thing that separates us from the animals, and Flyer fans. If it must be done, though, you have my blessing.

Archived