What the hell is the matter with you people?

Eleven

22 members have voted

1. 1. choose as many as apply

• did not eat breakfast
    • cut self while shaving
    • menses
    • hungover
    • borderline personality disorder
    • drive a BMW
    • other (please specify).

I chose Other.

I don't mind getting old..I really don't. In most cases it's a lot better(or at least easier). But what the hell is with ear hair. It serves no purpose.

(Hey 11, nice way to do an end-around and get in a Complaint Sunday thread. I needed that.)

I was going to vote "hungover", but "other" fits my situation better because I lost my wife this year on Mother's Day. She got in an accident on her moped on her way to visit me at work on Friday May 8. I sat in the trauma ward with her until she died in my arms Sunday evening. She was only 28 years old, we'd been together for 10 years. So yea, my problem is I'm always hung over and now you all know why.

I was going to vote "hungover", but "other" fits my situation better because I lost my wife this year on Mother's Day. She got in an accident on her moped on her way to visit me at work on Friday May 8. I sat in the trauma ward with her until she died in my arms Sunday evening. She was only 28 years old, we'd been together for 10 years. So yea, my problem is I'm always hung over and now you all know why.

Sent you a PM.

:beer: To brighter days man, brighter days. They do come.

My condolences to you. Such a tragedy. Hopefully she is at peace.

What an awful tragedy. I am so very sorry for your loss.

My profound condolences for your loss.

I ran out of gas.

I, I had a flat tire.

I didn't have enough money for cab fare.

My tux didn't come back from the cleaners.

An old friend came in from out of town.

Someone stole my car.

There was an earthquake.

A terrible flood.

Locusts.

IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.

While I've not had to endure anything that henysgol did, and I'm truly sorry for your loss, I had to go to the emergency room Friday Morning. I was at work and I starting getting the feeling like I couldn't breathe, it was increasing in magnitute and quite honestly, I thought I was dying.

I drove to what I thought was the urgent care center about 5 minutes from work, which turned out to be a random doctor's office located right next to said urgent care center. After informing me of my mishap, I told the receptionist I needed help and I couldn't physically go anywhere. She summoned a nurse and doctor who told me he used to work for my doctor and he'd be happy to assist me.

After receiving a barrage of tests, he determined I was either having a panic attack or I was having an allergic reaction to my gout presciption. I checked out physically, but my blood pressure was 180/110. This was alarming enough for him to call an ambulance to send me to the emergency room.

So I sat in a bed in the emergency room for a few hours while they ran a couple of tests. Nothing unusual outside of my blood pressure which was still at the previous level, so the doctor sent me on my way. I felt pretty good, so off I went.

I took it easy that night and stayed away from the meds. The following day I took the prescription I thought was okay, as I was given 2 for my gout, and soon found out this was the stuff that freaked me up the previous day. While mentally I pushed through my issues, physically it wasn't much different than the previous day. I told myself mind over matter, and some 5 hours later, I was feeling somewhat normal.

...and here I am.

While I've not had to endure anything that henysgol did, and I'm truly sorry for your loss, I had to go to the emergency room Friday Morning. I was at work and I starting getting the feeling like I couldn't breathe, it was increasing in magnitute and quite honestly, I thought I was dying.

I drove to what I thought was the urgent care center about 5 minutes from work, which turned out to be a random doctor's office located right next to said urgent care center. After informing me of my mishap, I told the receptionist I needed help and I couldn't physically go anywhere. She summoned a nurse and doctor who told me he used to work for my doctor and he'd be happy to assist me.

After receiving a barrage of tests, he determined I was either having a panic attack or I was having an allergic reaction to my gout presciption. I checked out physically, but my blood pressure was 180/110. This was alarming enough for him to call an ambulance to send me to the emergency room.

So I sat in a bed in the emergency room for a few hours while they ran a couple of tests. Nothing unusual outside of my blood pressure which was still at the previous level, so the doctor sent me on my way. I felt pretty good, so off I went.

I took it easy that night and stayed away from the meds. The following day I took the prescription I thought was okay, as I was given 2 for my gout, and soon found out this was the stuff that freaked me up the previous day. While mentally I pushed through my issues, physically it wasn't much different than the previous day. I told myself mind over matter, and some 5 hours later, I was feeling somewhat normal.

...and here I am.

GTH U r better.

Make sure you tell your Drs that you're allergic to the stuff. And that's all your Drs, dentists, etc!

Decidely Other...

I'm in a foul mood... My fantasy football team with Peterson on it ran headlong into the Philly Defense that carved up Carolina... Waiting patiently for the Bills last debut on MNF this decade. Prediction: opening play, hand off to Fred Jackson, flea flicker to Owens who breaks wide open only to see the ball fall harmlessly short as Wilfork plants Trent into the turf or, Wilfork blows up the center and gets to Jackson just as he tries to throw it back. Fumble.. Wilfork picks it up and runs 30 yards to paydirt.

I am so sorry. God bless you.

I know your pain. My first wife died from a car accident when she was 33. Eight days in a coma before succumbing. This I can confidently tell you----it doesn't "get better" but it does get easier with time. As time goes on it won't be so all consuming. I'm the last one to talk (sometimes I should have gills instead of a lung) but honor her and don't drink because of her death, if you must drink, use another excuse. I sincerely wish the best for you. Feel free to email me privately.

Archived