Original logo at center ice

PASabreFan

sabres.com has a time-lapse of the boards and ice being put in at the arena.

It goes super turbo time lapse towards the end. Either that, or they were working really slow in the beginning. Bye bye sluggie. Quietly being shown the exit door...I hope.

The logo on the ice at the end - thankfully it doesn't have the additional lines around, or inside, it like the third jeresy version does. That's the mark of a stupid, tasteless graphic designer who had no sense when to stop. The additional lines make the third jersey logo look blurry.

Despite my penchant for getting involved in logo/uniform issues, I have nothing to say on this topic. I just wanted to post my 200th message. Yeah, I know it's small potatoes compared to some of you other long-timers, but for me it is a big deal. (I have trouble committing to things....but no problem being committed. :D I thank you....I'll be here all weekend. Try the veal!)

Anyone want to buy a perfectly good slug jersey?

There's an oxymoron, if I've ever seen one.

"When you're complaining about the refs, you've already lost the game." That's how I feel about this topic. If the Sabres were winning, the slug would just be a passing thought.

Not true. I complained about it plenty back in 2006-07 when they were winning a ton.

The logo on the ice at the end - thankfully it doesn't have the additional lines around, or inside, it like the third jeresy version does. That's the mark of a stupid, tasteless graphic designer who had no sense when to stop. The additional lines make the third jersey logo look blurry.

It was a pretty mindless change and I agree that, at a distance, it does blur the edges a little (especially the outer ring.) However, up close, it actually does look better and a little more modern than the original (comparing my 2006-07 third to my 2008-09 third.) In general, it didn't take to much creativity to go from the old jersey to the new third and many of us probably could have done just as well or better, but it does still look good. With any luck, they'll make the third into the home jersey and create a white version for on the road. Then, natural small periodic tweaks can improve on it (look at nhluniforms.com to see how jerseys evolve over time.) Baby steps.

The blur effect is very annoying...makes me feel like I need 3D glasses to view the logo. I think if they would remove the gray accents it would resolve the problem. In fact, get the gray out of the uniform altogether...it just doesn't match navy, yellow and white at all.

I do like the bolder, thicker concept on the logo, though. Just get rid of the putrid gray and all will be well with the world.

Avoid them like the plague and make fun of them at all costs when at the Arena. :D

I got banned from Sabres.com comments because I protested 'the Slug' when it was being pushed on us.

Basically, I commented that no one should buy the 'mad toupee' and perhaps that would force the team to rethink the logo.

I guess Quinn didn't like that one...

Archived