Original logo at center ice

PASabreFan

It was a pretty mindless change and I agree that, at a distance, it does blur the edges a little (especially the outer ring.) However, up close, it actually does look better and a little more modern than the original (comparing my 2006-07 third to my 2008-09 third.) In general, it didn't take to much creativity to go from the old jersey to the new third and many of us probably could have done just as well or better, but it does still look good. With any luck, they'll make the third into the home jersey and create a white version for on the road. Then, natural small periodic tweaks can improve on it (look at nhluniforms.com to see how jerseys evolve over time.) Baby steps.

thanks for that site, i really learned quite a bit about some of the older teams there!

The center logo looks exactly the same as it did last season. Assuming you haven't blocked it out.

Yup. Extra lines and all.

I might add, that in the Sabres Store, nearly all of the new merchandise has the throw-back logo on it now, and the slug logo jerseys and shirts are 20% off.

Archived