Max, Pyatt, Satan rumors

bottlecap

I always thought Pyatt would have fared better in the league.

Bernier was taking up the big and slow spot on the roster...with better hands and hitting.

The Anson Carter effect was only worth about 6 goals for Pyatt skating with the Sedins.

But he was clearly someone who Darcy finally gave up on.

Barf your breakfast all you want, that doesn't change the fact that Crosby and Malkin NEVER won a cup without Satan.

...and no matter how much Miro gets booed at HSBC, he can always retire to the dim recesses of his hotel room and rub his Stanley Cup ring. Mmmmmm...championship jewelry. :worthy:

...and no matter how much Miro gets booed at HSBC, he can always retire to the dim recesses of his hotel room and rub his Stanley Cup ring. Mmmmmm...championship jewelry. :worthy:

I always like to point out to Bills fans that the first thing Rob Johnson did when he left Buffalo was get himself a SUPERBOWL RING in Tampa.

I always like to point out to Bills fans that the first thing Rob Johnson did when he left Buffalo was get himself a SUPERBOWL RING in Tampa.

Good comparison. Satan was like Rob Johnson, a passenger on a championship team. Both were trashed on their way out of Buffalo too. There was high expectations with Rob Johnson, but I think Satan produced for the Sabres. I can't say overall I was disappointed in Miro, except at the end.

Good comparison. Satan was like Rob Johnson, a passenger on a championship team. Both were trashed on their way out of Buffalo too. There was high expectations with Rob Johnson, but I think Satan produced for the Sabres. I can't say overall I was disappointed in Miro, except at the end.

Ultimately, Satan will be looked down upon because he was the face of the organization during the bankruptcy, the darkest days in the history of the franchise.

Ultimately, Satan will be looked down upon because he was the face of the organization during the bankruptcy, the darkest days in the history of the franchise.

His phone call jesture did him in for me. He might have been my favorite Sabre for a short while, as I was not a Hasek fan, but I was never comfortable with it. Too much of a floater.

My least fondest Satan memory was when he scored goal around the trade deadline and he went down on one knee and made the "call me" motion. From that very second on I have hated him.

EDIT: Damn inky I had this typed and sitting on my alt monitor, while I was doing some work. I submit it only to see that you have typed close to the same thing.

His phone call jesture did him in for me. He might have been my favorite Sabre for a short while, as I was not a Hasek fan, but I was never comfortable with it. Too much of a floater.

Gotta call you on the floater comment.

After 97-98, Ruff made Satan his go-to guy. Satan, at times by far, led Buffalo's forwards in ice time. In 98-99 and 99-00, he saw more ice than Mike Peca. After Ruff's first season, when he clearly wasn't enamored of Satan's game, he trusted Miro to be on the PK -- a lot. (X., this is one of the examples of Ruff using PK time as a "carrot.")

Why would Ruff for so many years give so much ice time to a floater?

As floaters go, Miro was far from the worst but you can't say he didn't pick his spots.

Are we back to the empty-net goal debate? The fact that Ruff had him out in the final moments with a one- or two-goal lead should shoot down any notion he was lazy.

Pick his spots?

As floaters go, Miro was far from the worst but you can't say he didn't pick his spots.

How can a player float and still average 25-30 goals with zero offensive help from his teammates? The guy played with such offensive legends Dixon Ward, Brian Holzinger and Derek Plante.

How can a player float and still average 25-30 goals with zero offensive help from his teammates? The guy played with such offensive legends Dixon Ward, Brian Holzinger and Derek Plante.

Holzinger Ward and Plante weren't that awful... Was it Ward that was huge in 98-99 playoffs?

Holzinger Ward and Plante weren't that awful... Was it Ward that was huge in 98-99 playoffs?

Dixon Ward was a terrible skater but he had soft hands was creative. He had a few moments that year.

Archived