Max, Pyatt, Satan rumors

bottlecap

well being only 9 or 10 years old during the Satan years, I didn't really understand the "politics" of the game, if you will. He was one of my favorite Sabres at the time (Hasek was my #1 though), along with Barnes and Peca. but, I had no reason to hate him back then. I was 10 years old and he was putting up 30 goals a year. So I really have no problem with the man!

on a side not I remember what must have been during one of his last years as a Sabre, when he and Afinogenov both recorded hat tricks in a 6 or 7 to 1 win over ... atlanta maybe? It was right around new years. That was around the time I started liking Afinogenov, and you might have noticed I was a big Max fan until the last couple seasons.

That was around the time I started liking Afinogenov, and you might have noticed I was a big Max fan until the last couple seasons.

What are you going to tell me next, that Deluca is incredibly negative or old man PA wants to get rid of Lindy Ruff?

Pyatt was given a great opportunity in Vancouver, playing on the line with the Sedins for aHwhile.

All those guys do is produce a point-per-game.

Max will probably go to the KHL unless he is hanging in the states to be with his hot tennis girlfriend.

She will be the major breadwinner now.

Satan got a ring, and I hope he soaks it up.

He has to be the luckiest SOB on the planet. He was sent to the minors at the end of the season.

He had decent talent.

He negotiated his own contracts for years. (I don't know if he still does).

He got tah ridiculous deal from the Isles after the lock-out.

To get a ring after all that, I would consider him damn lucky.

The bottom line for me is that I never want to see any of the three in a Sabre uniform again.

Pyatt was given a great opportunity in Vancouver, playing on the line with the Sedins for aHwhile.

All those guys do is produce a point-per-game.

Max will probably go to the KHL unless he is hanging in the states to be with his hot tennis girlfriend.

She will be the major breadwinner now.

Satan got a ring, and I hope he soaks it up.

He has to be the luckiest SOB on the planet. He was sent to the minors at the end of the season.

He had decent talent.

He negotiated his own contracts for years. (I don't know if he still does).

He got tah ridiculous deal from the Isles after the lock-out.

To get a ring after all that, I would consider him damn lucky.

The bottom line for me is that I never want to see any of the three in a Sabre uniform again.

And he married Ingrid Smolinska. Their kids are going to be gorgeous.

His phone call jesture did him in for me. He might have been my favorite Sabre for a short while, as I was not a Hasek fan, but I was never comfortable with it. Too much of a floater.

My dislike of him goes back to Game 4 of the Finals. He (and Zhoey Zhuneau) totally blew pp chances that game that made Bats-in-his-Belfour think he was invincible. Bats only gave up 1 goal the rest of that series, thanks Ziro.

And I wouldn't say he was a floater, I'd say he absolutely had no desire whatsoever to go to the front of the net. (Didn't like to go near the boards too much either.)

Archived