darksabre

The Music Thread

I'm gonna dig the wolfman until the day I die ...

Live with Wolfman Jack ... this track actually ended up captured on the classic 'American Grafitti'.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
this track prooves that The Guess Who was still something after the creation of BTO ... and .. I'm an idiot ...
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It's hard to believe that 35 years ago Freddie gave us the performance of his life and all of our lives ...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Not a musical performance. However, I’ve heard it said that classical music has had a huge bearing on the metal scene. It’s very much evident whenever I listen to Cannibal Corpse. Listen to Šárka by Bedrich Smetana, and then the song “Ecstasy In Decay”. Also, I think the galloping bass line in “She Was Asking For It” may have been influenced in part by either Mozart, Haydn, or Beethoven.

How this band is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is beyond me.  And RIP Brad Delp.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry if me posting my own stuff is getting tired, but my buddy took our online show and lined the video up and added some graphics. Thought it was cool.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

Sorry if me posting my own stuff is getting tired, but my buddy took our online show and lined the video up and added some graphics. Thought it was cool.

If I close my eyes I'd swear I was listening to King Crimson from about 1975.  Starless and Bible Black.

• Like (+1) 2

Effortless 3 octave range and warmth. Best female vocalist in my opinion.  I get a little misty every time I hear her sing. May she rest in peace.

• Like (+1) 1

The title track from their sophomore effort. For my money, Fontaines D.C. are the best rock 'n roll band out there right now - musically muscular and agile, lyrically brilliant. And this video is a fookin' trip.

Canada gave the world another power rock trio in the 1970s.  Not as popular worldwide as RUSH, but these guys were really good too.

• Like (+1) 1

Picked this up at Revolver Records on Hertel during my July visit to BFLO 

Neil Young -Zuma 

768C2B8A-1E3E-41A3-8B4F-D245995E01DF.thumb.jpeg.6a752bb2d1a6b1d59cdce93bda512cc3.jpeg

Edited by Pimlach