The Music Thread

darksabre

I miss the days of REAL jazz fusion. Bands like Weather Report, Didier Lockwood, Gamalon, and these guys. Kenny G and his ilk ruined it.

Besides, who’s going to fill John Patitucci’s shoes when he goes?

• 2 weeks later...

Did yous ever just have to get some air?  Well, I just did ... I would tell yous all why, but yous would never believe me.

Anyway, this popped into my head ...

Mr. Ferry is a very handsome dude and very classy.  The rest of his band, well, not so much.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
yous know ...
  • Like (+1) 1

From the last concert with Mick Jones ...

You could see that Paul and Joe were no longer thinking that Mick was part of the band.  Sad.  The Clash could really have been something for a lot longer, but the writing was on the wall.  They should have disbanded instead of sacking Mick.  Joe and Mick did write songs together later in the 80's for B.A.D.'s second album.

On 6/22/2020 at 8:39 PM, Crosschecking said:

This has to be one of the strangest tunes I’ve ever heard

that's fun. definitely sounds to be of a piece with the sounds that were coming out of SoCal in the late 80s and early 90s. fishbone, red hot chili peppers, firehose, and the like. 

These guys never got their due as a trio.  They're not in the Rush, Cream, ZZ top, James Gang class, but still great.  Maybe I'm biased that they are from Buffalo.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, Crosschecking said:

I know. The really sad part is that Bruce and Ted are gone now. Bruce died from cancer, and Ted was killed in a plane crash.

I was at Teddy’s tribute show at the Tralf back in 2015.   Lots of Buffalo musicians played there that day, old and young. It would be fun to have another show like that someday.  

• Like (+1) 1