A thread for games involving other teams trying to make the playoffs

Eleven

i figured we had better chance to catch canes and get into playoffs. We need to get on a win streak like they have ripping off 4 syraight and scoring goals in bunches

I track everything in terms of equal games played. Through 67 GP, the Canes have 75 and both the Rangers and Penguins now have 76. If the Sabres can win tonight, their 67th game, they will have 75 as well. It would have been nice to pass the Canes, but we need to pass two teams to get in and now (if we can actually win) there are three teams still within striking distance (and, potentially two more in Montreal and Florida, should they lose their 67th games.) So, what I am saying is that, while the Canes did gain a little ground, the Rangers' loss kept the pack closer. Either way, though, it won't matter if the Sabres can't put together some wins, starting tonight.

Finally: a team the Sabres are trying to catch is losing, Hawks 2- Canes 1

13:00 to go...

Way to jinx it :censored:

Ruutu ties it with 27 seconds left. :thumbdown:

Well, at least Chicago won it in the shootout. One point is available.

Ruutu ties it with 27 seconds left. :thumbdown:

Well, at least Chicago won it in the shootout. One point is available.

That overtime was great.

Until we start winning with any regularity, it is hard for me to get upset over what other teams do. I think that I would rather have the Sabres win every game left and miss the playoffs by a point, than win every other game in craptastic fashion but back in because another team was crappier.

Until we start winning with any regularity, it is hard for me to get upset over what other teams do. I think that I would rather have the Sabres win every game left and miss the playoffs by a point, than win every other game in craptastic fashion but back in because another team was crappier.

I know what you mean and would so like to agree with you, but damn do I miss the playoffs.

Like what I say has any impact on what actually happens... :thumbdown: Get real.

There hasn't been anything positive happen to the Sabres or the teams they've been trying to catch in the last little while.

We almost got what we needed tonight, but what happens tomorrow is more important.

Thank-you Flyers. 4-2 over NYR. Let's hope for a carbon copy tomorrow.

Ottawa never helps us...Down 3-1 after 2.

Go Caps, Go Tampa, Go Devils later.

I will be looking up at the out of town scoreboard at the arena tonight!

Edit: Labatt, congrats on your victory the other night! You beat me to the post.

Thank-you Flyers. 4-2 over NYR. Let's hope for a carbon copy tomorrow.

Ottawa never helps us...Down 3-1 after 2.

Go Caps, Go Tampa, Go Devils later.

I will be looking up at the out of town scoreboard at the arena tonight!

Edit: Labatt, congrats on your victory the other night! You beat me to the post.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

win the rest of our games and we'll have nothing to worry about..or at least 3/4ths of them...

Yeah and all I need is to find the Golden Girls passed out on my couch tonight. Well, two of them anyway. I'd still do Estelle Getty.

That Mike Richards shows once again why he is a great player! He just knocked the stuffing out of a Ranger and drew a 2 a 5 and a 10 from another Ranger. He's fast, he's a leader and I wish he were a Sabre :(

I wonder, if they had known how good he and Carter would end up being so quickly, would they have bothered signing Briere? (Even ignoring that the cap may go down after next year.)

Edit: Flyers tie it at one in the second.

Edit 2: Speaking of Briere, he just showed that he is a true Sabre at heart. Here's what the commentator said "ohhh ... Briere had a chance to clear the puck out of the zone ... he's got to get it out there." Danny ended up taking a penalty when the Rangers continued to hold it in the zone and the Rangers ended up scoring a PP goal to make it 2-1.

Archived