GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:30pm

The sabres are suddenly getting healthy. Spacek and hecht are slated to return with sekera returning tomorrow night. Connolly is on fire, stafford is red hot, vanek is vanek. Miller is finally playing like we all assumed he could play. However, I would not be opposed to seeing Lalime tonight or tomorrow. I don't care how good the starter is, you still have to keep the rotation. Either way, it'll be a fun game. LETS GO BUFFALO!

I would be very opposed to seeing Lalime tonight and it just flat out won't happen. This is in my opinion, the most important 4 point game of the year. A win draws us even closer to the middle to upper tier teams in the East, and will boost a progressively increasing swagger that the Sabres are developing. I expect us to come out absolutely flying. Hopefully they can maintain the intensity throughout the game and Ryan can continue his hot streak. Im going 4-2 Sabres with an empty netter. GO SABRES!!

The Sabres had a good month in January, but we've been on a W-L-W-L- ... pace for the last seven games and a loss tonight would keep them at 0.500 for the stretch. That just won't cut it. The wins that we've gotten recently have been against the weaker teams (possible exception in Phoenix.) Time to beat a real team again.

For the first time since the 38-game mark, the Sabres had the 8th-best record through 51 games. Florida is one point behind, but has a game in hand. Also, the Penguins and Carolina sit just four points behind (we also have a game-in-hand against the Pens), so we can't let up one bit. Finally, we are closing in on the 4/5/6 (Canadiens, Rangers, Flyers) pack. A win tonight holds off the teams below us and lets us close on at least the Canadiens.

If Lindy really feels that Lalime needs to play again soon (I doubt he does), it should be in one of the Ottawa games, not tonight. Honestly, though, I expect that we won't see him until the next Toronto or Ducks game. We've got a lot of back-to-backs down the stretch, though.

I'd bet Lalime gets the nod tomorrow night against the Sens.

I agree, and I'll be a bit annoyed at Lindy if this doesn't happen.

The Sabres had a good month in January, but we've been on a W-L-W-L- ... pace for the last seven games and a loss tonight would keep them at 0.500 for the stretch. That just won't cut it. The wins that we've gotten recently have been against the weaker teams (possible exception in Phoenix.) Time to beat a real team again.

Yes.

I think I would too, but remember Lalime blew against the Sens in October.

Also, after tomorrow, the Sabres don't have back2back games until March 6-7, which is good.

Everybody blew against the Sens in October, it was one of those game where nobody decided to show up, and the pizza line got to mangle us like usual.

Ottawa may suck this year, but they'll still beat us any day of the week if we don't show up. Any team will.

No Goose es no good (o no bueno).

Big game tonight.

The boys have to feed off the momentum from Leafs game and win at home. The key word here is HOME!

Friday night. Full house.

Get it done.

Earn points.

Lalime needs to play. He can play all the remaining games against the Leafs, Sens & Isles (in a perfect world).

Definitely on one of the back-to-back night games.

Radio only for me tonight.

Have a good night all!

Defeat Le Bleu-Blanc-et-Rouge!

Bleu - as how sad the frogs will be after the loss.

Blanc - as the ice the Canadiens will be on after Mr. Kaleta checks.

Rouge - as their blood and embarrassment after dropping this important game to the Good Guys.

Nobody replaces what Goose brings. Nobody.

I agree. It was fun watching that line with him and Kaleta come out and just start flyin' crunchin' and bangin' people all over. Im thinkin Mair may get his chance to play Gaustads role. However, I think Laraque has his first game back for the Habs so i'd assume Peters may take a spot up. He usually finds his way into the lineup when the other team has a heavyweight enforcer.

I'm really interested to see these lines with all the people coming back and now goose leaving for hopefully just a short while.

Goddammit...he is a huge loss.

It is. The guys on WGR were saying there are maybe five guys that would be worse. I'm guessing Miller, Vanek, Connolly, Roy and ... I'm not sure ... Stafford? Rivet? Anyway, this happening on the last shift made me think about how guys like that were out in late shifts against Edmonton. Talk about a risk. Up by seven or eight with a couple of minutes left, we should have been rolling the bottom two lines as much as possible. Even just having Miller in net was probably a bigger risk than we should have been taking. Not that Edmonton is a physical team, but still ..

That is going to be a big loss. Hecht does not replace Gaustad's toughness and faceoff skill.

So now,is this going to mean Hecht at center once again? The weakness at center must be addressed this offseason. At the very least,they should make the General into a center. (Mc arthur)

Back on topic,

This might be the biggest game all year for us. We win tonight and were 3 points behind the Habs and tied for 6th with the Fly boys. We lose,and Florida gets a little closer. We carry alot of momentum into HSBC tonight after the slapping against Toronto. But the momentum wont get us anywhere if we come out flat. We need to get a jump on them early and keep the pressure on. Certaintly Miller is giving us oppurtunities to win as of late,the boys need to match his intenisty tonight.

Prediction:

Vanek nets one from TC to pull ahead late in the third. As we win a nail bitter and pull closer to the Habs.

Sabres 3-2

7:30pm

The sabres are suddenly getting healthy. Spacek and hecht are slated to return with sekera returning tomorrow night. Connolly is on fire, stafford is red hot, vanek is vanek. Miller is finally playing like we all assumed he could play. However, I would not be opposed to seeing Lalime tonight or tomorrow. I don't care how good the starter is, you still have to keep the rotation. Either way, it'll be a fun game. LETS GO BUFFALO!

Excellent pregame preamble!

I'd bet Lalime gets the nod tomorrow night against the Sens.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm betting with you.

For the first time since the 38-game mark, the Sabres had the 8th-best record through 51 games. Florida is one point behind, but has a game in hand. Also, the Penguins and Carolina sit just four points behind (we also have a game-in-hand against the Pens), so we can't let up one bit. Finally, we are closing in on the 4/5/6 (Canadiens, Rangers, Flyers) pack. A win tonight holds off the teams below us and lets us close on at least the Canadiens.

If Lindy really feels that Lalime needs to play again soon (I doubt he does), it should be in one of the Ottawa games, not tonight. Honestly, though, I expect that we won't see him until the next Toronto or Ducks game. We've got a lot of back-to-backs down the stretch, though.

Agreed, huge 4 pt game against divison rival ahead of of us, no brainer big game.. time to show at home we can run with the big dogs..

Defintely agree with the seeding impact and would like to see us add some pressure on the Habs and Rangers as well. IMHO both/either are takeable as far as position goes.

Yeah, ive been beating that drum before so I will again why do we have so many back to backs again this year ?(18 I think). I have not been able to find any other of the top teams with more. <_< I'm gonna spout conspiracy theory here since we made the ECF 3 years back. :chris:

All right boys it's us against the world time to show em we can take it .... GO sabres

Archived