I would trade Miller tomorrow if I were GM

zow2

I have long said that I believe LQ was a major reason they resigned him but make no mistake DR has long been an advocate of The Skill if for no reason then to prove he made an excellent trade for Peca.

You really think Darce would put his ego ahead of what's best for the team? Doesn't seem like that kind of guy, frankly.

You really think Darce would put his ego ahead of what's best for the team? Doesn't seem like that kind of guy, frankly.

I have long stated that I believe Darcy falls in love with "his" players and is slow to admit his mistakes. If you want to call this ego, so be it.

Guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcell's, both reported to have big ego's are on record as saying that the key to building a team is to recognize your mistakes and swiftly move on. I think this is one of Darcy's deficiencies and results in him holding on to players long after they could have gotten premium return.

Miller had a great game last night. He said he was angry and played with attitude that he was missing lately. He seems like an internet saavy guy. Maybe on his downtime he reads all the posts from disappointed fans.

In that case, maybe we should all keep saying how disappointed we are in his play.

Miller had a great game last night. He said he was angry and played with attitude that he was missing lately. He seems like an internet saavy guy. Maybe on his downtime he reads all the posts from disappointed fans.

I would be willing to bet that he doesn't waste a minute reading or caring what any of us say or think.

I would be willing to bet that he doesn't waste a minute reading or caring what any of us say or think.

Probably not. Ryan's been around. I wonder about the younger guys though. Stafford mentioned the "mouse potatoes" earlier in the season.

At the end of the day, if people were talking about how good/bad I am at my job and what I could have/should have done differently with my latest project, I'd be reading it! It would be a hoot.

I've always figured there was a player amongst our ranks. spndnchz doesn't post during games, hmmmm. Now, what Sabre would pretend to be a chick?

And lets add some more heresy in carryover from the other thread;

If I were coach and supposedly sitting the lead leading scorer to call him out I would sit my frachise paid goalie for 3 games or would have pulled him last night after 4th or 5th goal to send the message to the whole team, doesn't matter who you are if your not playing and practicing up to snuff your not playing..

Hell can we send him down to Minors for a conditioning stint something drastic / anything to wake this team up..... and NO if it exposes him to be picked by another team the way he's played right about now I don't care, I know for sure it would send a message.

As quoted by the man himself it's about time...

"Sometimes you got to have a little bit of edge in your game and I don't know if I've had it," Miller said. "You kind of get to the point where you're mad enough at yourself and you're confident enough in your game where you can go out and play."

Finally, finally some passion.. Damn it where has that been :chris:, you want to/need to get mad watch your replays of the last 5 loss games/debacles where you let in soft goals.... That should make your blood boil like mine or in his case should at least get his panties in a bunch..

Now I'm calling you out again Millerboy to show that attitude for a nice 10 game caring(winning) streak like past years starting now.......

OR you heard it here first Millsie, Nobody and I mean Nobody is coming to your fashion show this year.. Got it . <_< .Gotta get him where it hurts I figure :D

Probably not. Ryan's been around. I wonder about the younger guys though. Stafford mentioned the "mouse potatoes" earlier in the season.

At the end of the day, if people were talking about how good/bad I am at my job and what I could have/should have done differently with my latest project, I'd be reading it! It would be a hoot.

I've always figured there was a player amongst our ranks. spndnchz doesn't post during games, hmmmm. Now, what Sabre would pretend to be a chick?

As much as I am sure that Miller doesn't read or pay attention to stuff like our board, I am sure others, Stafford included, spend a lot of time reading and maybe even posting.

To many people focusing on Miller, we need some other guys scoring goals besides Vanek..............Last night was a good sign, we scored 5 goals and Vanek didn't have any of them...........Guys like Roy, Stafford and Kotalik, are the guys that are really letting the Sabres down right now...............Not saying Miller doesn't need to step up and play better, but he is not the biggest problem with this team.

Whats up Doc? Good points on the other scoring however I disagree about Miller. IMHO his not playing the way he did last night is one of the bigger problems of this team because of the way it currently is designed/consituted.

They gave Miller the franchise money expecting him having that kind of game more often then not because they knew they do not have the kind of talent for Shootouts night in and out. (ala Boston Tim thomas model). So he needs to have the consistency in his game that lets some of the others on this team use their regular occasional contributions count for enough wins to make it too the playoffs because IMO FO knew with this team their not vying for the presidents trophy this year.

Whats up Doc? Good points on the other scoring however I disagree about Miller. IMHO his not playing the way he did last night is one of the bigger problems of this team because of the way it currently is designed/consituted.

They gave Miller the franchise money expecting him having that kind of game more often then not because they knew they do not have the kind of talent for Shootouts night in and out. (ala Boston Tim thomas model). So he needs to have the consistency in his game that lets some of the others on this team use their regular occasional contributions count for enough wins to make it too the playoffs because IMO FO knew with this team their not vying for the presidents trophy this year.

I agree that Miller needs to play up to his abilities, but he seems to always get a boatload of blame is all............ :beer:

...........Guys like Roy, Stafford and Kotalik, are the guys that are really letting the Sabres down right now...............

:blink:

Roy has 8G, 13A for 21 points in the last 17 games. That's a 101 point pace. He's also a +10 in his last 14 games. I know stats aren't everything but your point is about a month late for Roy.

Archived