I would trade Miller tomorrow if I were GM

zow2

So what about the decision to sign him instead of taking the picks? Four first rounders is extremely tempting, especially for a guy like Darcy that loves the draft.

They didnt care about the compensation at all.It coulda been 4 Gil Perraeults they were still signing Vanek no questions asked..They were mad Lowe did what he did and they werent gonna be shown up at all no matter what the cost..Dont kid yourself..

This is the biggest group of flip flopping fans i've seen in a while

I'm fairly certain Miller has always has his supporters and his detractors. Losing may bring out the less vocal people to stand on their soap box and take a stance but the topic of Ryan Miller's effectiveness has always been a hot button topic.

They didnt care about the compensation at all.It coulda been 4 Gil Perraeults they were still signing Vanek no questions asked..They were mad Lowe did what he did and they werent gonna be shown up at all no matter what the cost..Dont kid yourself..

My problem is that everyone is quick to blame, and slow to give credit to Darcy. He has his faults, but I'd still place him in the top third of the league in terms of GMs.

My problem is that everyone is quick to blame, and slow to give credit to Darcy. He has his faults, but I'd still place him in the top third of the league in terms of GMs.

I have always been a supporter of Darcy, but the mistakes are starting to add up. You look at his roster and they are getting killed by players at the high end of the payroll giving them nothing. His supporters will defend every decision, but the end result is the same.

Max 3.5

Skill 3.5

Hecht 3.8

Tallinder 2.9

Teppo 1.1

Total salary 14.8 million

Total Positive impact ???

Ah here we go again...the unknown, promising goalie syndrome...the grass is greener on the other side...

Ever notice the Devils, where a goalie like Clemmensen, basically AHL fodder, can step in and be productive right away?

Hmm...maybe it is the defence? Or the system?

Nah, it is easier just to blame Miller. Carry on.

I would take a trade for Josh Harding (G) Minnesota to take Miller's spot in a second for any

number of our slugs. Behind Backstrom, he is not being given a chance. In five games this

year he has a 1.52 GA.

And Craig Anderson has a .940 SV% on Florida as a PT goalie...take him over Miller too?

WOW!! :wallbash:

I have always been a supporter of Darcy, but the mistakes are starting to add up. You look at his roster and they are getting killed by players at the high end of the payroll giving them nothing. His supporters will defend every decision, but the end result is the same.

Max 3.5

Skill 3.5

Hecht 3.8

Tallinder 2.9

Teppo 1.1

Total salary 14.8 million

Total Positive impact ???

I generally agree, but I think Teppo has delivered value for $1.1MM. And aren't you in the group arguing that TC's deal was engineered by Quinn? In any case your point is absolutely correct regarding Max, Hecht (who was awful the other night vs NJ) and Tallinder (who seems to have steadied a bit lately but is still way overpaid).

And Craig Anderson has a .940 SV% on Florida as a PT goalie...take him over Miller too?

WOW!! :wallbash:

Harding has been in the league for awhile and he has a consistently good GAA:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470216. He can be just as good

if not better than Miller til Enroth develops, at a fraction of the price. Anderson has kicked around

too and if given a chance might be a better starter than Miller too but I think Harding's more

consistent. I've seen what Miller has to give and I don't think he's going to improve.

Harding has been in the league for awhile and he has a consistently good GAA:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470216. He can be just as good

if not better than Miller til Enroth develops, at a fraction of the price. Anderson has kicked around

too and if given a chance might be a better starter than Miller too but I think Harding's more

consistent. I've seen what Miller has to give and I don't think he's going to improve.

I am not disagreeing with you that Harding can be a very good goalie, but something I believe is true about goaltending: The system and the defensemen are the most important element, I really believe a decent amount of goalies are interchangeable.

For example, how would Miller be on San Jose? One word IMO: DOMINANT.

For example, how would Miller be on San Jose? One word IMO: DOMINANT.

Unfortunately there is no way to prove that Miller would be a "better" goalie in San Jose. The only thing you can state as fact is that he is not playing well enough to earn that new contract of his....and yes I know, it doesn't go into effect until next season, blah, blah, blah....

If I were Lindy or Darcy I would look at making changes on the coaching staff in every position outside HC. I'd switch it up any way possible, and I'd start with goaltender coach. The contract they gave Ryan can easily turn into an anchor on the payroll if he continues his inconsistent play. Maybe something as little as a fresh set of eyes and a different approach can refocus Ryan's play.

Maybe we can get that guy from the Capitals who does their web design!

Speaking of the Caps. They bring up their 20 yr old minor league prospect Simeon Varlamov to back up Brent Johnson (because their "star" Jose Theodore, stinks and is banged up). They give Varlamov two starts....he goes into Montreal and beats them 3-1 and then handles the Blues last night 4-2. He has a nice .953 save% after 2 games. Yes, I know it's only two games.....

I generally agree, but I think Teppo has delivered value for $1.1MM. And aren't you in the group arguing that TC's deal was engineered by Quinn? In any case your point is absolutely correct regarding Max, Hecht (who was awful the other night vs NJ) and Tallinder (who seems to have steadied a bit lately but is still way overpaid).

I have long said that I believe LQ was a major reason they resigned him but make no mistake DR has long been an advocate of The Skill if for no reason then to prove he made an excellent trade for Peca.

Archived