Lineup Stuff

That Aud Smell

Not a surprise to anyone who knows my posting tendencies, but WTF! I don't give a #%^$#! how bad Kaleta or Stafford are playing, they should never be sitting in favor of that talentless idiot Peters. :angry:

First Paille sits out in favor of Stafford(which I disagreed with) and now Stafford and Kaleta sit in favor of Peters(which I disagree with even more).

PS I don't think Stafford played that poorly in Boston.

Can't say for sure but maybe;

a.) he's just tinkering and looking at what he has got so in the future when injuries or trades limit his options he knows a little bit about what works where.

b.) he's trying to get a players attention and get them playing better... (interesting to see if Paille has a good game).

c.) Trying to jump start some other players games.(note Max back to right wing where he prefers and can better showcase his talent for the big trade of him and Stafford some people want ) :rolleyes:

The guys seemed to played flat and unmotivated the two games. Lindy knows when to throw Peters out there to try and get the guys going again. I think it's a good decision, but maybe the wrong team to put him out there against. I don't think the Blues have any real goons on the team.

Paille has 6 points and is a plus 3 in 13 games played. That's third best in plus/minus and no penalties. Stafford's three points and a minus 2 in the same number of games. Paille plays better with better players(yeah, most do) he played best with Yo-Yo and Pommy. IMHO, Ruff wants him to step up his game like he does when he plays with that line, just do it with Mair and Kaleta.

And Kaleta, this guy is learning the game in leaps and bounds. How often did we see him late last year pounding everyone only to come up empty. Now he hammers 'em and comes away with the puck too.

My problem with playing Peters is that he automatically limits the ice time for his line. With Kaleta, they can and have run 10:00 of ice time with the fourth line. Peters in lucky to get 5 most games. That means that either his line sits or someone (usually Derek Roy) gets double-shifted. Kaleta has been improving the rest of his game and I'd rather see him in there blocking shots and getting the occasional offensive chance than see Peters lumbering after guys he can't catch.

Stafford out? Kaleta out? I'll take it. Not only do we get Paille and the closest thing we have to a fighter back, but the boards will get a night off from Kaleta taking mindless runs at them. :thumbsup:

How many goals/assists does Peters Have? Oh, well how many hits does he have? Ice time? Didn't think so.....

Ya, he's a major upgrade over Kaleta, no doubt.... <_<

He's not our best player, true, but he's learning on the fly and improving his overall game very well, especially playing on the 4th line. Peters, on the other hand, serves NO purpose. He tries hard, I guess, and the guys like him. But to insinuate that he's a better play right now than Kaleta is, well, a desparate attempt to wake the other guys up. This move will cost us, that's for sure........

Not surprised, even with Kaleta. He was barely noticeable last game. If he's not hitting, he's worth less than Peters out there.

Correct, although his line was pretty effective on the forecheck. But he needs to be laying out hits to stay in the lineup, and he just hasn't done so in the last couple of games.

How many goals/assists does Peters Have? Oh, well how many hits does he have? Ice time? Didn't think so.....

Ya, he's a major upgrade over Kaleta, no doubt.... <_<

He's not our best player, true, but he's learning on the fly and improving his overall game very well, especially playing on the 4th line. Peters, on the other hand, serves NO purpose. He tries hard, I guess, and the guys like him. But to insinuate that he's a better play right now than Kaleta is, well, a desparate attempt to wake the other guys up. This move will cost us, that's for sure........

See above. Also, I'm fairly certain the team's record with Petey in the lineup is better than it is without him.

Correct, although his line was pretty effective on the forecheck. But he needs to be laying out hits to stay in the lineup, and he just hasn't done so in the last couple of games.

See above. Also, I'm fairly certain the team's record with Petey in the lineup is better than it is without him.

My thoughts exactly. The Sabres have been better with Peters playing. I know it sounds weird to some of you, but it's true. He does play hockey sometimes. :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly. The Sabres have been better with Peters playing. I know it sounds weird to some of you, but it's true. He does play hockey sometimes. :thumbsup:

I think a lot of the guys know they can do a lot more with Peters sitting there on the bench knowing no one will really try and cheap shot them. He does open up the ice a little more with just his presence. I would almost bet that Lucic wouldn't have owned us and had as many hits as he did if Peters was in uniform.

Archived