Ellis Claimed - Well LA wanted to

wildcat48

It's Begin all over again. Nice job DR. :death: :P

Why are we piling on Darcy for losing Matt Ellis?? We had too many players. The collective bargaining agreement is what it is. We follow said collective bargaining agreement. We lose Matt Ellis back to the Kings. I think Ellis did a yeoman's job for the role he was asked to fill, but let's not act like Darcy handed over Gretzky for nothing!!!

You really think losing him is a big deal? OK player, but he was just a stop-gap for the first few weeks. No big loss.
Why are we piling on Darcy for losing Matt Ellis?? We had too many players. The collective bargaining agreement is what it is. We follow said collective bargaining agreement. We lose Matt Ellis back to the Kings. I think Ellis did a yeoman's job for the role he was asked to fill, but let's not act like Darcy handed over Gretzky for nothing!!!

:P = joking

Surprise, surprise, surprise... A blind man could see that coming...

I don't think so. Los Angeles made a tough choice last week when they played Oscar Moller for the 9th time, thus making him have to stay with the Kings for the entire season. While Ellis was good, he was only a band-aid fill-in. He was no better then Mike Ryan though. When the time comes, that Ellis was to be needed again, it probably wasn't going to be anytime soon, and when that time does come, we'll have a number of players who can fill that band-aid role with half a AHL season already under way. Gerbe maybe. Kennedy? Gragnani? Mancari?

The Sabres just announced that Matt Ellis has cleared waivers and was assigned to Portland..... That is vastly different then what I was told by Kevin Dineen last night.

"He was picked back up by L.A," said Dineen. They (L.A.) wasted little time in grabbing him. We knew he wouldn't make it to Portland."

The Sabres just announced that Matt Ellis has cleared waivers and was assigned to Portland..... That is vastly different then what I was told by Kevin Dineen last night.

"He was picked back up by L.A," said Dineen. They (L.A.) wasted little time in grabbing him. We knew he wouldn't make it to Portland."

Well I for one am shocked.. Ellis made zero impression on me in the dozen or so games he played. Still, he's played the system. Maybe a little AHL seasoning will improve his play...

Well I for one am shocked.. Ellis made zero impression on me in the dozen or so games he played. Still, he's played the system. Maybe a little AHL seasoning will improve his play...

So has he been claimed by LA or not? According to the Sabres website, he cleared. I just wanted to clarify as I can't seem to find any other site that corroborates either option.

Wow, a little surprised he did not get claimed. I figure there are a lot of teams out there with injuries that could use a veteran guy with some experience. Good for Buffalo that he cleared, and better for Portland. I don't think he's that bad, but his skating seems slow and awkward. But, he looks to be a hard worker and decent in the defensive zone which is good for a forward. Hopefully he'll help the Pirates who are on a tear right now.

Archived