GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

I'm not going to say the Sabres are going to light up Tampa. Buffalo has scored 3 goals in their last 2 games and have technically given up 7 goals. Colorado and Ottawa have poor goaltending. I'm exstatic Gaustad is back, but I hope the Sabres are not rushing him. I also hope the Sabres play conservative hockey; as they did in the first 6 or 7 games of the season. They looked sloppy against Ottawa and didn't really show any type of control or level headeness. I honestly think this will be a one goal game. I will say I hope I am wrong and the Sabres beat the crap out of Tampa.

Sabres take the Lightning out to the woodshed, 4-1.

Crazy Prediciton: Lindy and Melrose drop the suitcoats at center ice.

Well they maybe a little too old for fighting but I would love to see Lindy let his hair start growing so by the last meeting of the season him and Melrose can have a "Mullet - Off" May the best old time Hockey hair style win. :chris:

For the game tonight I'm not sensing a lopsided win either but more like a one goal game as well.

I'm going 3-2 Bflo with a return to the defense first model that Thanes16 pointed out. Let's get'r done boys

Well they maybe a little too old for fighting but I would love to see Lindy let his hair start growing so by the last meeting of the season him and Melrose can have a "Mullet - Off" May the best old time Hockey hair style win. :chris:

For the game tonight I'm not sensing a lopsided win either but more like a one goal game as well.

I'm going 3-2 Bflo with a return to the defense first model that Thanes16 pointed out. Let's get'r done boys

Lindy has no chance at that fight.

I'm pretty sure Melrose and Jagr have the record for all-time best (which is any normal persons perspective would be worst) mullets.

Stamkos got his first NHL point the other night in Toronto, Buffalo needs to keep an eye on him, i'm sure he's full of confidence and he played very well vs. Toronto, i'm sure Melrose will give him a bit more ice time tongiht. (Stamkos is getting between 11-14 in most games).

Their PK is very weak and their defense is horrible. The Sabres MUST get down the ice and shoot. Although, Mike Smith is a very good goalie. Smith had the best Save Percentage in the League until the recent 2 shutouts by Tim Thomas. He's now 2nd, with Ryan Miller behind him. For those who care, Miller leads the league in GAA. Gotta get to him early on.

For those who care, Miller leads the league in GAA. Gotta get to him early on.

Something about the order of these two statements doesn't quite send the right message. :doh:

Defensively, the Lightning are near the bottom of the league and we are near the top. We need to play our team defense, keep them off the board, and pick the right spots to exploit their back end. This would be a good game for Roy and Pommer to break out of their slumps and for Vanek to stay hot.

I hate games where a team "should win", but having just lost one of those badly on Monday, I would expect that the team isn't thinking that way. I hope that Lindy's words (see my sig) will stick in their heads.

With the Goose back, why would you sit Ellis and start Peters? Makes no sense. I'll give credit when due and Peter's has played surprisingly better so far but I think he is dead last on depth and talent for this team. Matt Ellis is definitely a step above Peter's IMO.

Honestly, i'm not a big fan of Peters as everyone knows, but i'd play him ahead of Ellis. Gaustad can't fight. Mair can but he's our 3rd line center. Too many times this season people went to get Kaleta with Peters coming to back him up. Ellis hasn't impressed me at all. The only thing he's done well this season is play the PK, something i think EVERYONE has done well in, even Kaleta. His passing is a complete joke. And he barley hits anyone. Peters has played better then in the past and deserves to survive this time. When Hecht returns, he'll be out of the lineup.

Honestly, i'm not a big fan of Peters as everyone knows, but i'd play him ahead of Ellis. Gaustad can't fight. Mair can but he's our 3rd line center. Too many times this season people went to get Kaleta with Peters coming to back him up.

This was my first thought, but even more than not being able to count on Gaustad to protect other people (e.g., Kaleta) is having Peters there to step in when somebody goes after Gaustad. Goose is a pretty intense guy and not the type of guy to back down when challenged, even when he should. We can't lose Gaustad again, so until he's 100%, I'd prefer to have Peters there to deflect any heat away from him.

boy, me neither. the guy's just taking up space, and just barely doing a serviceable job at that.

i think i liked mike ryan on the 4th line better. :bag:

I am not sure if you're being sarcastic and throwing a dig at me for saying that Ellis hasn't impressed me, but i would also want Mike Ryan ahead of Ellis. Ryan, had the worst hands in hockey, but was a very good PK, but he actually hit people. He made it known he was on the ice and he was very quick.

Archived