GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

What's working for us?

In the words of Coach Rig from necessary roughness:

NOT A THING'S been working for us. Like this goddamn suit doesn't work for me... and this stinking tie... and this goddamned shirt. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WINNING HARD-NOSED FOOTBALL? YOU PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE ED GENERRO PLAYED FOOTBALL. A guy who gave his life for this football team. He was a 140-pound halfback, and HE PLAYED LIKE A GODDAMN WILDMAN! NO! LIKE A GODDAMN RAMPAGING BEAST! And that's the way you got to do it! YOU GO OUT THERE! YOU TEAR THEIR F*CKING HEADS OFF, AND YOU SH!T DOWN THEIR NECKS! Let us pray.

Anyone else hear Rob Ray say TB assistant coach Rick Tocchet had "24 years of NHL bets"? Rick didn't say anything for about five seconds. I imagine he hit the dump button and gave Ray hell.

What's up with Miller? Ever since the Smyth goal in Colorado he whined about to the ref, he's been a sieve.

Glad to see the team showed up tonight. <_<

Ahh rooting for Tampa, Aye that's the only team that showed up tonight..

Hope this isn't gonna be like last year. Losing millions in a row before they decide to show up

Yeah and someone said in paper they learned from last year that they need to play with some desparation right away not after they go on a 5 game losing streak like last year, well guess what boys' the only desperation you look to have tonight is to get off the ice and out of the building :wallbash:

I shut it off, the last time I did that, they came back and won it in a 5 minute span. You can all thank me later.

Okay, I'm going that route too because this is just too damn painful to watch them letting another team that was sucking up the season come and get healthy against Us at Home just un friggan believable...what a fright ,,,Happy halloween

What's working for us?

In the words of Coach Rig from necessary roughness:

NOT A THING'S been working for us. Like this goddamn suit doesn't work for me... and this stinking tie... and this goddamned shirt. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY WINNING HARD-NOSED FOOTBALL? YOU PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE ED GENERRO PLAYED FOOTBALL. A guy who gave his life for this football team. He was a 140-pound halfback, and HE PLAYED LIKE A GODDAMN WILDMAN! NO! LIKE A GODDAMN RAMPAGING BEAST! And that's the way you got to do it! YOU GO OUT THERE! YOU TEAR THEIR F*CKING HEADS OFF, AND YOU SH!T DOWN THEIR NECKS! Let us pray.

:worthy:

The first Necessary Roughness reference I've seen in a long time. :thumbsup:

I was gonna make a comment that I say it every year and it never changes cuz it's the same two, but the Lightning announcers are INCREDIBLY terrible.

Actually, their TV announcers aren't too bad. Their radio announcer, Dave Mishkin, is the absolute worst in the business. He is the flattest announcer and when the Lighting score, he literally screetches at the top of his lungs.

It's over!!!!

Thank god. Are they as good as they were the first week of the season, or are they as bad as they have been since the 2nd intermission in denver? I say, just for tonight, who gives a damn! We can all figure it out with the team on saturday!

Lets un-sticky this thread and delete it and pretend that this game just didn't ever happen.

If they aren't going to play they should just forfeit, save their energy and save everyone the time and the fans the money they spend on tickets and going to watch people be idiots.

Honestly, if we don't win big, i'd be completely shocked.
5-1 Buffalo. This won't even be close.
Sabres take the Lightning out to the woodshed, 4-1.
I'm going 3-2 Bflo with a return to the defense first model that Thanes16 pointed out. Let's get'r done boys
Big win for the fellas tonight. We have TB's number the last little while. Let's say.....................5-3 Sabres.
Sabres bounce back 4-2.
Buffalo 5-2.

Reasons A, B, C, D, E, F, and G why I don't make predictions. :thumbsup:

Glad I ate a few Zanex during the first and snozzed thru the 2nd half of the 3rd. Cheers!

These are your 2008-2009 Buffalo Sabres.

Pommers better get his legs under him or he may become the whipping boy.

How long till the "insert AHL affiliate player here nees to come up" thread starts?

What a disaster tonight. Are there any more bad teams that desperately need to get win? If so, Buffalo will happily give them a win. Two games in a row where Buffalo loses 5-2 against teams that were coming in to the game playing absolutely horrible. And, then Buffalo is the tonic to turn them around. What a disaster.

Miller looked awful tonight. He should have had Malone's goal and he should have had Stamkos's goal saved. The whole defense first system didn't seem to show up anywhere tonight. I did not see this team playing defense first at all. The last two games the effort has been lacking and they've been losing all of the battles. I expected a better showing after getting beaten thoroughly by Ottawa, but I did not anticipate the exact same game again. I may be stating the obvious, but this team really misses Rivet. I can't believe I said that, but he's the only guy who will clear the crease, play physical, and lead by example with defense first. The powerplay hasn't really been going either. I know they scored a goal tonight, but they had a ton of powerplay opportunities and only one goal. If the Sabres want to be at the top of the league, they need to have an efficiency like Montreal on the PP. What a disappointing game.

There's one more game left in this homestand against a very good Washington team. They better turn this thing around by Saturday or else I'm going to get very concerned about this team, with or without Rivet, Hecht, and Connolly.

Actually, their TV announcers aren't too bad. Their radio announcer, Dave Mishkin, is the absolute worst in the business. He is the flattest announcer and when the Lighting score, he literally screetches at the top of his lungs.

Unless they've changed in the last two years, then I've gotta strongly disagree. I had to suffer through five years of the whining TB TV announcers and even caught it the first year on CI when we moved up here. They are awful.

EDIT: Just looked at their site. It's the same crew. The only one I can handle is the "Host," Paul Kennedy.

Buffalo did play several back up goalies and teams coming off back to back games. (well, the two go hand in hand) I'm starting to worry...a lot. :unsure:

Is this team that dependent on Rivet's toughness and leadership that they cannot function without him?

Archived