• Miller
    • Roy
    • Vanek
    • Pominville
    • Hecht
    • Rivet
    • Lydman
    • Other

I voted for Pommers. He is my current favorite.

There once was a ten year old girl who loved the Buffalo Sabres and lived in Ohio. She wrote a very heartfelt and meaningful letter to Mr. Pomminstein last spring. She enclosed a picture of herself standing in her room in her jersey smiling and pointing at a poster of Hannah Montana on the wall. Covering Hannah (but with enough of her showing that you could tell it was her), the little girl had plastered a poster of Jason Pomminstein.

Mr. Pominville worte back, and enclosed the picture with "To Amanda...MY #1 FAN!! , Jason Pomminstein #29 written on it. It made the little girl very happy.

p.s. the year before the little girl wrote a heartfelt and meaningful letter to a Danny Briere. She has yet to receive a reply.

That's awesome! I am going back to re-vote...That really shows that he gets it...what a priviledge to play in the NHL (or any professional sports league for that matter). And who is you customer? The fans...treat them like kings and they will pay you back and then some!

I voted for Rivet. Somebody had to..

EDIT: Hands down it is Derek Roy.. Kaleta is a close second...

I seconded that motion, basically I am voting for a mean SOB :chris: atttitude in front of our net that has been missing for some time...... And I am counting on that starting and spreading across the D from our new man RIVET.. :beer:

As long as Max is on the team, I think he has a lock on most frustrating Sabre...

Normally I'd agree, but I see Max as a flash-in-the-pan, new NHL guy. In three years TV has shown much more -- in terms of ability and scoring touch -- than Max has shown in eight seasons. I just want to see Vanek do it on a more consistent basis.

• 2 weeks later...
I seconded that motion, basically I am voting for a mean SOB :chris: atttitude in front of our net that has been missing for some time...... And I am counting on that starting and spreading across the D from our new man RIVET.. :beer:

I read something recently where he said that Rivet hated coming to play in Buffalo when he played for previous teams because our town was such a tough town to play in. Now he's on the opposite side of the coin.

If that's the case, then life is going to be a living hell for opposing teams this year, now that we have Rivet and a few other guys who can do a much better job throwing haymakers than Peters can.

I hate Vanek so much, it blinds my witty side. :censored:

Vanek did played very good hockey after the All-Star break. I think the pressure wore off and I expect him to continue to play good, if not great, hockey. He was only 7 goals short of his previous season, and that was after playing so poorly in the first half of the season.

gotta go with pominville. from the waiver wire, to the ot-series clincher in 2006, to the quietly impressive production post-briere. he wouldn't have been out of place at all playing with ramsay and luce. i have friends who scoff at the lady bynge nomination, saying we need more of the nasty, not the sportsmanlike, but i love how the kid brings "it" with quiet, determined dignity and efficiency.

Vanek did played very good hockey after the All-Star break. I think the pressure wore off and I expect him to continue to play good, if not great, hockey. He was only 7 goals short of his previous season, and that was after playing so poorly in the first half of the season.

He had one great month - February (13-7-20 in 15 GP) but in March it was right back to his pre-ASB form. He had one big game among the three he played in April, the season-ending game against Boston.

LINK

I'm with crosschecking in that I'm really excited by the game Rivet plays. I think he'll bring the steady play and grit we've been looking for on the blueline.

----------

As an aside to crosschecking:

Obama: Hitler was eloquent too. Really?

That's about as stupid as a lefty saying "McCain: Hitler was a highly decorated war vet too."

I'm not a Dem, but as a fellow Sabres fan, you're not looking like the sharpest skate on the ice with that avatar.

I'm with crosschecking in that I'm really excited by the game Rivet plays. I think he'll bring the steady play and grit we've been looking for on the blueline.

----------

As an aside to crosschecking:

Obama: Hitler was eloquent too. Really?

That's about as stupid as a lefty saying "McCain: Hitler was a highly decorated war vet too."

I'm not a Dem, but as a fellow Sabres fan, you're not looking like the sharpest skate on the ice with that avatar.

Fixed.

Archived