• Roy
    • Vanek
    • Pominville
    • Hecht
    • Rivet
    • Lydman
    • Other

Roy, with Pommer a close second.

I should point out that they have been my favorites since shortly after the lockout (though, I had taken note of them even earlier), when they both came up during the 2005-06 season. so it's not based on last year's points alone. I purchased a jersey for each after they signed their respective (current) contracts.

Gotta be Spacek for me. He's just such a mutt. In the series against Ottawa, he was the only D-man who played with any passion. I liked him alot before then, but that series really sold me on him. Plus his post-game interviews are classic.

I picked Hecht. I really woud have no problem with him wearing the "C"

Agreed. I hope the Sabres don't do the "Rotating" Captain thing this season. Just pick one guy, please. Thank you!

ROY would be a good pick for the "C", or HECHT.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!

I voted for Pommers. He is my current favorite.

There once was a ten year old girl who loved the Buffalo Sabres and lived in Ohio. She wrote a very heartfelt and meaningful letter to Mr. Pomminstein last spring. She enclosed a picture of herself standing in her room in her jersey smiling and pointing at a poster of Hannah Montana on the wall. Covering Hannah (but with enough of her showing that you could tell it was her), the little girl had plastered a poster of Jason Pomminstein.

Mr. Pominville worte back, and enclosed the picture with "To Amanda...MY #1 FAN!! , Jason Pomminstein #29 written on it. It made the little girl very happy.

p.s. the year before the little girl wrote a heartfelt and meaningful letter to a Danny Briere. She has yet to receive a reply.

I voted for Pommers. He is my current favorite.

There once was a ten year old girl who loved the Buffalo Sabres and lived in Ohio. She wrote a very heartfelt and meaningful letter to Mr. Pomminstein last spring. She enclosed a picture of herself standing in her room in her jersey smiling and pointing at a poster of Hannah Montana on the wall. Covering Hannah (but with enough of her showing that you could tell it was her), the little girl had plastered a poster of Jason Pomminstein.

Mr. Pominville worte back, and enclosed the picture with "To Amanda...MY #1 FAN!! , Jason Pomminstein #29 written on it. It made the little girl very happy.

p.s. the year before the little girl wrote a heartfelt and meaningful letter to a Danny Briere. She has yet to receive a reply.

This is quite telling of Briere's character (or, shall we say, the utter lack thereof). Hope he's enjoying life in Philly, 'cause I don't see them sipping from the Cup in June. So much for "something special."

Jason Pominville is now my favorite player. Historically, my favorite player for the Sabres has typically been the captain of the team or the star center. I cannot say that I have been following the Sabres since the 1970-1971 season, so in earnest, I can say that I've been following the Sabres since about the 1990-1991 season. So, from that point, my favorite player was Turgeon, and then it became Pat LaFontaine for many years (he's still my all time favorite Sabre), then it became Peca (but due to the holdout, I now hate Peca passionately), then it became Stu Barnes. Once they traded Stu away, it became tough, but when they made the Drury trade, he immediately became my favorite player. I have always loved Drury, especially because I spent some time in my life living in Trumbull, CT, where he is from and I've always loved how clutch he is. But after last offseason, I kind of didn't have a favorite player, but now Pominville has emerged as my favorite player regardless of whether he wears the C or not. He can score and is excellent defensively and the type of guy you want leading the team. I'm glad he's going to be in Buffalo for the next 6 years.

I need to throw out a proxy vote for Hecht from my friend Casey (unless he hasn't told me, he isn't a regular poster here, but he's the biggest Sabres fan that I know.) Jochen has been his favorite player for several years now and he's always pointing out why he's the most underrated player on the team (I would agree with that, too.)

Archived