I have a good feeling about this upcoming season

Sabretooth73

I am usually negative, and have not posted all summer long. I am as tired as most of you are about the "buffalo curse", the losing, the heartache, the gut wrenching losses, etc.

For some reason I think the Sabres are gonna bounce back real strong this yr. Most "experts" I have heard and read dont expect too much from the Sabres this year. Thats ok though, as most of those "experts" basically predict exactly what happened the season before to happen again. I think they made a statement by signing Milelr and they will sign Pommers soon too. The core is good, very good. An offseason to re-focus and geat coaching I think will have us poised to make a serious run at winning it al this season.

Comments?

I am usually negative, and have not posted all summer long. I am as tired as most of you are about the "buffalo curse", the losing, the heartache, the gut wrenching losses, etc.

For some reason I think the Sabres are gonna bounce back real strong this yr. Most "experts" I have heard and read dont expect too much from the Sabres this year. Thats ok though, as most of those "experts" basically predict exactly what happened the season before to happen again. I think they made a statement by signing Milelr and they will sign Pommers soon too. The core is good, very good. An offseason to re-focus and great coaching I think will have us poised to make a serious run at winning it al this season.

Comments?

Teppo as player/blueline coach? Not a bad proposition at all.

For some reason I think the Sabres are gonna bounce back real strong this yr. Most "experts" I have heard and read dont expect too much from the Sabres this year. Thats ok though, as most of those "experts" basically predict exactly what happened the season before to happen again. I think they made a statement by signing Milelr and they will sign Pommers soon too. The core is good, very good. An offseason to re-focus and geat coaching I think will have us poised to make a serious run at winning it al this season.

Comments?

What? Didnt you hear Tom Brady is out for the season and the Stillers are going all the way!

Comments?

Just a few comments that have me puzzled.

Who is this Milelr person you speak of?

Is "geat" a new form of coaching I don't know about? Inform you must.

And lastly, what is this "Al" that we win? Is it like a big drinking cup? New jerseys?

Comments?

I think the Pens knock us out of the playoffs in the second round.

:ph34r:

Just a few comments that have me puzzled.

Who is this Milelr person you speak of?

Is "geat" a new form of coaching I don't know about? Inform you must.

And lastly, what is this "Al" that we win? Is it like a big drinking cup? New jerseys?

Dang. That seemed a little harsh for a few typos...

Sabres will be better than what the so called experts are saying. The team really picked up their play in the second half of last season. We're fine at forward and will score a lot of goals. It is however imperative to the success of our season that the defense pick their game up. Tallinder and Lydman have to be better. I'm not worried about Rivet being solid at all, he'll bring effort every night. Having Teppo hopefully will make a difference in how the defensemen handle themselves over the course of a season.

I'm glad this topic is sticking more to the Sabres than the Bills, but how many of you were impressed w/ the Bills win yesterday? Jacksonville's offense heavily depends on the running game and Buffalo shut it down, except for the third quarter. Edwards is Mr. Efficient. The guy simply doesn't make mistakes. He knows how to move in the pocket and the Bills haven't had a qb that could do that since Kelly...maybe Flutie. Edwards was clutch yesterday. On 2nd and 8 on the Jaurs 48, he threw and terrible past out of bounds. On 3rd and 8 he completely forgot about it and threw a BEAUTIFUL pass to Evans. Edwards continued to the clutch/precision passing w/ an incredible TD pass to Hardy. I'm glad the Bills finally have a TALL receiver they can use inside the 20. Hardy was probably the only receiver on the Bills that could've made that catch. I'm excited about the Bills. They seem to be more agressive, which can be considered a surprise w/ Jauron's style of coaching. The offensive play calling is mixed beautifully and the defense is solid. I can't remember the last time the Bills started out 2-0. I think they have a great shot, probably jinxing it now, of beating Oakland at home this weekend. That would make the Bills 3-0 and I think that would surprise a number critics and I think some fans as well. Bill Cowher, sorry if that is not spelled right, predicts the Bills to win the AFC East. The other analyst looked him funny, but I think the Bills have a chance. I still think NE has the best shot. Their offensive weapons are still there and their defense is stout. It all depends on Cassell. His numbers and level of play are no where close Brady's, so that's what gives thet Bills a chance. Buffalo will have to continue it's somwhat dominating football if they want the AFC East. I'm excited about the fact the Bills may be in it this year and it is something a lot of us long time Bills fans have been hoping for. Kids, today, didn't get to experience the success Buffalo had in the past and I'm hoping they get to witness it noy only this year, but for years to come. Lets go Bills!

Gotta like that the Bills beat two teams that were in the playoffs last year. Even if they are both 0-2 now and have a lot of injuries; it is still a confidence booster. Then you have a team like NE who probably has the easiest first 3 weeks of the season - KC, NYJ & Miami - lucky for them.

Gotta like that the Bills beat two teams that were in the playoffs last year. Even if they are both 0-2 now and have a lot of injuries; it is still a confidence booster. Then you have a team like NE who probably has the easiest first 3 weeks of the season - KC, NYJ & Miami - lucky for them.

The Jets and Miami may be the two worst teams in the league after the Chiefs.

Then you have a team like NE who probably has the easiest first 3 weeks of the season - KC, NYJ & Miami - lucky for them.

It's unfortunate, too, because the Bills' best chance is for New England to lose some games while Matt Cassel gets up to speed. Right now, he's playing easy teams, gaining confidence and learning to run his team. By the time they play a real opponent, he will be ready, especially given all of the other tools that NE has in the offense. I think the Bills will surprise people with how well they do, but I also think that NE will surprise people with how well they do without Tom Brady.

It's unfortunate, too, because the Bills' best chance is for New England to lose some games while Matt Cassel gets up to speed. Right now, he's playing easy teams, gaining confidence and learning to run his team. By the time they play a real opponent, he will be ready, especially given all of the other tools that NE has in the offense. I think the Bills will surprise people with how well they do, but I also think that NE will surprise people with how well they do without Tom Brady.

I hope the Patriots do well without Tom Brady. If the Bills are going to take the AFC East, I want it to be against a Patriots team that we expected to be playing from the start. If it isn't then we end up as the AFC East Champions*

I couldn't disagree more. Even if Cassel "gets up to speed" the Pats are a middle of the road contender. As the season goes on and that elderly defense is on the field more and more fans will see the true effect of Brady being out. I expect the Pats to beat a horrible Miami team. They have a stretch of four games where they play Denver, SD and Indy. I expect them to get blown out in two of those three games while losing all three.

Back to the Sabres; anyone think Mark Mancari has a chance to crack the lineup this season? I didn't realize he's 6-3, 225. Thats a big boy for a 23 year old. There is a feature on him in the BUF NEWS Today. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnh...ory/442018.html

Maybe he can bring some more grit to this team with a scoring touch too? Another reason to drop Peters from taking up a roster spot!!!!!!! Personally, I have nothing against Andro, but he brings nothing to the game at the NHL level. What does he have, 5 pts in 4 years or something?! Killing me!

GO BUFFALO!

Back to the Sabres; anyone think Mark Mancari has a chance to crack the lineup this season? I didn't realize he's 6-3, 225. Thats a big boy for a 23 year old. There is a feature on him in the BUF NEWS Today. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnh...ory/442018.html

Maybe he can bring some more grit to this team with a scoring touch too? Another reason to drop Peters from taking up a roster spot!!!!!!! Personally, I have nothing against Andro, but he brings nothing to the game at the NHL level. What does he have, 5 pts in 4 years or something?! Killing me!

GO BUFFALO!

I think you would say the same thing about Mancari as you would about MacArthur...Do they have the skill set to be on the 3rd or 4th line because they aren't going to crack the top 6. If Lindy does not put together a traditional 3rd(checking) and 4th(agitator) line, they will end up being in no mans land when the going gets tougher come playoff time.

Next year will be a different story when possibly Connolly, Kotalik & Max(if he makes it through training camp) are gone.

Archived