[Slightly OT] Hurricanes' new third jersey

carpandean

Sales!

That and black is a third (or fourth) color in a lot of primary jerseys (about 13 by my count.) Plus, black just looks cool. I liked the Sabres' black jerseys, but that color scheme always felt unoriginal (in two ways: not an original color scheme and not their original color scheme.) I'm glad that they've gone back to blue and gold. Wonder if we'll ever see a gold third ...

Its strange that they put a black shoulder patch on a black jersey.

Technically, it's black and silver (or whatever silver-like color that is), but your point is still correct. They kinda remind me of those subdued (olive drab and flat black for woodland or khaki and olive drab for desert) military patches.

Looks like the hockey stick is curved, and not just the blade, the whole shaft!! They must have used a grammer school hockey stick reference when they are all made out of cheap plastic. You know the ones we all used in 5th grade or whatever. HA HA!

GO SABRES!!

Ermmm....Correct me if I am wrong, but a SINGLE red square with the black dot does NOT mean a Hurricane....It means a Storm.

Just sayin'......

Fisherman Phil

Nope, you're right. 1 flag for storm warnings, 2 for hurricane warnings.

EDIT: @frisky - I saw your post after I posted - good find. Apologies for redundancy.

Wow, that Bruins' 3rd sucks.

I really hope the Habs aren't using those throwbacks. Awful looking and will probably look bad on TV.

As much as it pains me to say it, I generally like the Canes' thirds. Only parts I don't like are the sliver/black shoulder patches and the storm warning-dot border around the waist.

Archived