Will there be any Sabres news before Labor Day?

nfreeman

Are we going to get ANYTHING interesting this week?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Tom W -- you promised us something good! WTF?! I appreciate everyone's recipes and complaints, and the naked pictures of spndchz, but I need some hockey talk. Is it going to happen this week? And when I say "Sabres news", I mean news involving players who will probably play in the NHL this season. No blah blah blah about jerseys, double-knits, AHLers, hosting the world juniors, whether Pommer likes the local BBQ sauces or BS Eklund rumors. Are we going to get anything?

• Yes
    • No
    • Huh? My brain has turned to mush from lack of interesting hockey talk.

I'm going crazy.

Yeah, same here, a bit. Actually, a friend asked me over the weekend if he was missing anything, because it's been so quiet. But the whole league is pretty dead right now, and the quiet is especially noticeable when compared to not only NFL camps, but the Olympics this year. Training camps start up soon, and in the meantime, just enjoy the last four weeks of summer. (Or enjoy two weeks, and then focus on training camp.)

When was Hecht extended? Was it during the season or during the offseason? It's not too late to get Pominville in the fold. Not yet.

Hecht's extension occured during the season. I, too, am getting worried about Pomminstein. He is a key component of the Buffalo Sabres. Campbell wasn't worth the cash, but Pominville is worth 5 million, if not a LITTLE more. I hope they get something worked out soon. I don't want the season to drag on w/ another what's management/key player up to. If management is pulling another wait and see what happens, shitt is going to hit the fan. Pomminstein's value will most likely go up as the season progresses and they'll be thinking, "shiit, we made the same mistake we made w/ yadi yadi yada..." :wallbash:

Since Pominville will be a RFA, I don't think it'll be the quite the same dog and pony show that it was with Campbell. I think it's a safe bet that if he has a good season, someone will sign Pominville to an offer sheet. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point.

But the lack of activity on that front might be from Pommer's agent wanting to wait and get the best deal. If the Sabres want him, they'd match whatever deal he signs.

This just in: Mats Sundin still waiting to make a decision!!!

On a serious note: I hope Pommer is extended soon. I hate not hearing anything, but knowing how DR likes to play things quietly, they may very well be working on it. Being an RFA makes the situation a little less dire, but it would be better for all if they can get something done before September.

Speaking of Pommer and a contract...my gut is telling me it will be sometime during the year after they have traded Max. I don't see them signing him sooner because they don't want to over spend (excluding Vanek in this thought). This opens up a considerable amount of cash to sign Pommer to a contract. The only catch is they have to make Max's trade value improve, which means getting him off to a good start this season.

This is my guess and I will hope for the best.

Speaking of Pommer and a contract...my gut is telling me it will be sometime during the year after they have traded Max. I don't see them signing him sooner because they don't want to over spend (excluding Vanek in this thought). This opens up a considerable amount of cash to sign Pommer to a contract. The only catch is they have to make Max's trade value improve, which means getting him off to a good start this season.

Max is only under contract for 2008-09. Pommer's extension, should he sign one, wouldn't start until the 2009-10 season. One does not affect the other.

This is my guess and I will hope for the best.

Money-wise, an Afinogenov move would have no impact on a Pominville contract. If he re-signs at any point, Pominville's new deal wouldn't come into effect until next year. Afinogenov will be off the books at that point.

Money-wise, an Afinogenov move would have no impact on a Pominville contract. If he re-signs at any point, Pominville's new deal wouldn't come into effect until next year. Afinogenov will be off the books at that point.

Thanks for clarifying things. Ignorance was definitely bliss. Now I am certain I will worry.

I missed the naked picture of spndchz, care to re post or point me in the right direction. And i dont think anything other than AHL signings (maybe), will happen before labor day.

Me too, please IM.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little, no offense PA.

DAMN SHE'S HOT!

Thank you.

And for the thread, I think Pommers signs by this Friday.

I'm also getting a little antsy about the Pommer thing. Even though he'll be a RFA next year, if that happens, I think he'll just end up being priced out of their range in the end. But there's still 26 days 'til camp.

I clicked on that link but I was hoping at least for (almost) any naked chick not a real life naked Jeff Albertson.

I'm also getting a little antsy about the Pommer thing. Even though he'll be a RFA next year, if that happens, I think he'll just end up being priced out of their range in the end. But there's still 26 days 'til camp.

I clicked on that link but I was hoping at least for (almost) any naked chick not a real life naked Jeff Albertson.

Aww now I'm disappointed. I thought it was Santa Claus. You just ruined my Christmas.

I'm also getting a little antsy about the Pommer thing. Even though he'll be a RFA next year, if that happens, I think he'll just end up being priced out of their range in the end.

They'd have to be in the 4 first rounders range (estimated at $6.5M+) before I'd have to even thinking about whether or not to match.

Archived