Barnaby replacing Melrose at espn

X. Benedict

A good replacement. I've seen him with Ray on some low budget show, he seems to knows his stuff and add some excitement. He doesn't back down from arguments and has a bit to say. I didn't look at the article but it is the one from last week?

It will be interesting to see if he brings the 'Tude' to the show.

The best point in the article that caught my eye was why does ESPN care about getting a good replacement when they supposedly don't care about Hockey... :rolleyes:

Barnaby did alot the last couple seasons on TSN in Canada during their hockey playoff coverage. Man, during that time, all you hear and see is Hockey, Hockey, Hockey. They lead off shows with it, do specials, have hockey shows on every night, sometimes you just get tired of it, lol, :lol: :P :D :nana:

I didnt know anyone went to ESPSN for hockey coverage :blink:

....I thought they only covered the NBA during the winter/spring.....

...and Brett Favre all summer. Do we really need 568995645745 updates a day? I really don't care to know what time his plane touches down, or when his meetings are, or if he's wearing boxers or briefs...give it a rest, ESPN. <_<

Barnaby did alot the last couple seasons on TSN in Canada during their hockey playoff coverage. Man, during that time, all you hear and see is Hockey, Hockey, Hockey. They lead off shows with it, do specials, have hockey shows on every night, sometimes you just get tired of it, lol, :lol: :P :D :nana:

Every inch of the Brett Favre saga is tiresome. Playoff hockey will never become tiresome.

...and Brett Favre all summer. Do we really need 568995645745 updates a day? I really don't care to know what time his plane touches down, or when his meetings are, or if he's wearing boxers or briefs...give it a rest, ESPN. <_<

I completely agree and i'm totally sick of the Favre situation, that said though, it IS the biggest story of the NFL offseason and put into perspective its pretty important... but i want it done so I don't hear it anymore...looks like its getting close to being over

Although I agree with you 10000000%, you know that they do it because people watch that crap. People watch this stupid Favre saga. I love hockey, but football has always been my favorite sport, but even then, I can't stand more than 30 seconds per day of that story. It's completely overkilled, but just like Yankees-Red Sox, they overplay it because there are a lot of people who care.

Who those people are, I have no idea, but evidently, they exist...

I completely agree and i'm totally sick of the Favre situation, that said though, it IS the biggest story of the NFL offseason and put into perspective its pretty important... but i want it done so I don't hear it anymore...looks like its getting close to being over

I politlely disagree..We are witnessing a once in a lifetime meltdown of a Hall Of Fame player and the team he ressurected..This will only get better with time..If he does play again can you imagine if he ever plays the Pack in Green Bay what drama that could bring..If he goes to the Bucs how bout the possibility of a Bucs Pack playoff game in Green BAy..Then when he does retire what if he is so bitter he goes in with another jersey instead..LOL..This is priceless..I thought there was no worse front office than the Sabres..I WAS WRONG the Pack just topped em

I politlely disagree..We are witnessing a once in a lifetime meltdown of a Hall Of Fame player and the team he ressurected..This will only get better with time..If he does play again can you imagine if he ever plays the Pack in Green Bay what drama that could bring..If he goes to the Bucs how bout the possibility of a Bucs Pack playoff game in Green BAy..Then when he does retire what if he is so bitter he goes in with another jersey instead..LOL..This is priceless..I thought there was no worse front office than the Sabres..I WAS WRONG the Pack just topped em

How are they worse? All they have done was stood their ground because they were sick and tired of going into every offseason not knowing what his status would be for the coming year until almost training camp. He made the decision to retire, they moved on with their lives, and then when he changed his mind, they stood their ground and told him no, they are not ruining their entire offseasons work up until that point just because he can't make up his mind. Had he said back in February/March that he was going to keep playing, none of this mess would have happened. Just because he is a great player, that doesn't mean he should be calling the shots and running the show, or the team should be catering to his every move

Well you might be right..How are they worse....They let a Hall Of Fame Qb still playing at the top of his game leave a team he was with for 16 yrs...Who cares if he decided to come back..The guy threw for over 4000 yards last year..He can play if he wants in my book..I know its two different sports but its like Gretzgy scoring 60 goals and then retiring and changing his mind..Would you care if he changed his mind? I wouldnt..I woulda said hell yeh come back...The Bills have been trying to find a replacement for Kelly for 10 yrs and they havent still, ask the Dolphins the Broncos even the Bengals after Boomer left..Great qbs dont come around very often and to just trade one away because he wavered on his retiremnet..Doesnt make sense even if he did jerk em around..

Well you might be right..How are they worse....They let a Hall Of Fame Qb still playing at the top of his game leave a team he was with for 16 yrs...Who cares if he decided to come back..The guy threw for over 4000 yards last year..He can play if he wants in my book..I know its two different sports but its like Gretzgy scoring 60 goals and then retiring and changing his mind..Would you care if he changed his mind? I wouldnt..I woulda said hell yeh come back...The Bills have been trying to find a replacement for Kelly for 10 yrs and they havent still, ask the Dolphins the Broncos even the Bengals after Boomer left..Great qbs dont come around very often and to just trade one away because he wavered on his retiremnet..Doesnt make sense even if he did jerk em around..

Like I said, had Favre told them he needed a little more time, or said yes he wants to come back, then you would have a point, but he made his choice to retire, so they moved on, and to know turn back and wipe out everything you spent months working on, just because Favre had a change of heart would do more damage then good at this point to a team thats been working hard to move on. Bringing him back would set the team back months at this point, and they felt it wasn't worth it and that it was better to just move on, then continuing to delay the inevitable. They already went through 2 offseasons of pushing back the inevitable and waiting for him to make his choice.

I actually commend their front office for doing it, and I don't see it as making them a terrible front office. It wasn't an easy choice either because the fans are not going to take it lightly, but the team is already prepared for life without him, bringing him back for one year, maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe 4............... is not going to do much else other then push back the development of his replacement.

Like I said, had Favre told them he needed a little more time, or said yes he wants to come back, then you would have a point, but he made his choice to retire, so they moved on, and to know turn back and wipe out everything you spent months working on, just because Favre had a change of heart would do more damage then good at this point to a team thats been working hard to move on. Bringing him back would set the team back months at this point, and they felt it wasn't worth it and that it was better to just move on, then continuing to delay the inevitable. They already went through 2 offseasons of pushing back the inevitable and waiting for him to make his choice.

I actually commend their front office for doing it, and I don't see it as making them a terrible front office. It wasn't an easy choice either because the fans are not going to take it lightly, but the team is already prepared for life without him, bringing him back for one year, maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe 4............... is not going to do much else other then push back the development of his replacement.

There are 2 very good sides to this story obviously you side with the Pack...I understand their point. I just dont agree with it..I wouldve given him till the start of training camp to change his mind..What big decisions did they have to make in moving on without Brett that they did wouldve made a difference had they let him come back..A backup quarterbacks hurt feelings? Hell they already drafted his replacement in Brian Brohm so how much more could they have hurt em????Its just mindboggling to me..Its their team more power to them..Brett Favre comes along once in a lifetime, you let him play till the wheels fall off and after his great season last year I dont think they have fallen off yet..

Archived