Barnaby replacing Melrose at espn

X. Benedict

There are 2 very good sides to this story obviously you side with the Pack...I understand their point. I just dont agree with it..I wouldve given him till the start of training camp to change his mind..What big decisions did they have to make in moving on without Brett that they did wouldve made a difference had they let him come back..A backup quarterbacks hurt feelings? Hell they already drafted his replacement in Brian Brohm so how much more could they have hurt em????Its just mindboggling to me..Its their team more power to them..Brett Favre comes along once in a lifetime, you let him play till the wheels fall off and after his great season last year I dont think they have fallen off yet..

Its alot more then just hurting Rodgers feelings, and I believe brohm is more the backup/insurance policy should Rodgers fail. The team themselves have been working with Rodgers as the first team, and the offence has been changed to cater to Rodgers style. His WR's have been adjusting to him and getting timing down with him, they have been working all offseason with Rodgers as the guy, to just throw away all that work cause Favre decided he wants back in also shows the team that one player matters more then the rest. Its not that I'm really siding with the team either, it could have been handled much better then it had, my beef was just with calling them the worst FO in sports because of this. I think throwing away the offseason and giving him the team back just because he had a change of heart would have been worse then officially cutting ties and giving into his demands

Its alot more then just hurting Rodgers feelings, and I believe brohm is more the backup/insurance policy should Rodgers fail. The team themselves have been working with Rodgers as the first team, and the offence has been changed to cater to Rodgers style. His WR's have been adjusting to him and getting timing down with him, they have been working all offseason with Rodgers as the guy, to just throw away all that work cause Favre decided he wants back in also shows the team that one player matters more then the rest. Its not that I'm really siding with the team either, it could have been handled much better then it had, my beef was just with calling them the worst FO in sports because of this. I think throwing away the offseason and giving him the team back just because he had a change of heart would have been worse then officially cutting ties and giving into his demands

Yeh those words might have been a lil harsh I am sure the Cardinals have that phrase in the mantra..LOL...They have had a long time to work with Favre and his timing there would have been no learning curve..Theie offense isnt gonna change so much where itr wouldve hurt them...

• 1 month later...

Archived