[OT] - Pending Name Change

BuffalOhio

I'm retiring from the Coast Guard next year, and in May I will be living outside Cleveland, in North Ridgeville, OH. DCSabres won't properly fit any more.

I'll take suggestions on a new user name here.

My hobbies:

1. Hockey

2. Reffing Hockey

3. Buffalo Sabres/Bills

4. Wakeboarding/Boating

5. Pug Dogs

Please consider my hobbies when making suggestions for the new user name. Funny names are welcome.

Thanks all, this should be fun.

Fire away.

PuddlePirate :chris: ... covers your former occupation and our new AHL affiliate! :thumbsup:

(Note: I am completely kidding about the Coast Guard. In fact, I was all set to put my application in for their SRDC program until my long-term girlfriend made it clear that if I was called up to active duty and sent over seas, she might not be here when I got back. :( )

(Note: I am completely kidding about the Coast Guard. In fact, I was all set to put my application in for their SRDC program until my long-term girlfriend made it clear that if I was called up to active duty and sent over seas, she might not be here when I got back. :( )

Nice

I understand her side though, it would be tough to be apart and worring about your significant other while they are in duty, but I still think that any girl/guy that would be like that is being selfish and not worth it. You are going over there to make sure that she stays safe and that there is a here that you can come back to

I'm retiring from the Coast Guard next year, and in May I will be living outside Cleveland, in North Ridgeville, OH. DCSabres won't properly fit any more.

My hobbies:

1. Hockey

2. Reffing Hockey

3. Buffalo Sabres/Bills

4. Wakeboarding/Boating

5. Pug Dogs

Please consider my hobbies when making suggestions for the new user name. Funny names are welcome.

Fire away.

I combined all your hobbies and came up with: Hockrefhocksabillswakeboatpug.

In seriousness, i'd try Hockey Pug.

Another thing I have recommended to people as a good way to make a screen name for a popular site/im/chat room (it is often very hard to get a unique name you like on things like AIM or Yahoo IM without adding the numbers on the end) is to take an adjective and a noun that would not normally go together and put them together.

My hobbies:

1. Hockey

2. Reffing Hockey

3. Buffalo Sabres/Bills

4. Wakeboarding/Boating

5. Pug Dogs

Fire away.

North Ridgeville is not too far from my neck of the woods....

DCSabreso

Winner.

I understand her side though, it would be tough to be apart and worring about your significant other while they are in duty, but I still think that any girl/guy that would be like that is being selfish and not worth it.

Normally, I would agree with you, but there was a lot more to it than just worrying. I had already been in grad school for many years (six at the time, if I remember correctly), pushing off our inevitable marriage/family. Her biological clock was/is tick, tick, ticking away (not to mention all of the health concerns when a mother gets over a certain age), so she saw the potential for another, possibly long, delay at that time as unacceptable. Had this not been the case, she is the type that would have supported that type of decision (she works for the government, but I will leave it at that.)

Normally, I would agree with you, but there was a lot more to it than just worrying. I had already been in grad school for many years (six at the time, if I remember correctly), pushing off our inevitable marriage/family. Her biological clock was/is tick, tick, ticking away (not to mention all of the health concerns when a mother gets over a certain age), so she saw the potential for another, possibly long, delay at that time as unacceptable. Had this not been the case, she is the type that would have supported that type of decision (she works for the government, but I will leave it at that.)

I know, I understand that there was probably more to it, but I have heard from many others of people who would be like how I mentioned, and just leave because you would have to go.

Can I get in on the action? "PASabreFan" is too generic. I need a new name, new avatar, new sig, the whole she-bang.

All this time I thought it was shabang... She-bang, well that is quite a different thing :chris:

Edit: Live and learn.. Shebang is good too... apologies...

The whole
?

I knew that was coming...

I remember back during the 99 cup run, they played "Cup of Life" non-stop on Kiss 98.5. I had to listen to those D-bags every morning on the school bus. <_<

DC, since you like boating, how about MotorboatinSOB

Archived