Miller Signs 5 year extension

WNY-Enforcer

Lies! Detroit is signing him next July.

I heard that from my friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who works at 31 Flavors.

This is great news and the money is pretty good, to...for both sides.

And not to get in the middle of anything, but before even knowing anything

I was wishing(as unrealistic as it seemed) that the Sabres could ink him to a 3 year deal. I have a gut feeling the Sabres got bent over on the deal. Let's see what the numbers are.

doesn't sound all that positive to me. :lol:

Those are then Lundquist yearly average. So, not out of whack with the market. Waiting for DR on Sabres TV. It says 12.30 but Mike Harrington wrote is starts at 12.45 now. So far I have yet to see them start on time. So, I'm going to guess it will start more like 12.50-12.55.

12:52

Good job.

Whether it's $6.25 or $6.5, in a year or 2 it will barely be top 10; and by the time the deal is done it won't be anywhere close to that.

I'd have to give a round of applause to both sides on this deal. I assume Ryan wanted long term, probably longer than 5 years. I assume the FO wanted to pay him a bit less, maybe 5.6 a year over 4 years. The deal seems like both sides compromised a bit.

It's good to have players here that want to play here. It's good to have a FO that may have learned it's lesson in regards to waiting to negotiate with your own FA's. It's a good day today.

edit: I liked Darcy's dig on himself during the presser: was it too much money Darcy? "Well, If you know me it's always too much money"

Great job Darcy! :thumbsup:

All is now well since Miller can afford to get the surgery to align his eyes properly to improve his depth perception. <_<

What poster was it that came up with that cockamamie theory? Classic stuff.

Why even bring that comment up?

I'm really not sure what that is suggesting.

He wastes too much energy preparing?

Although I didn't read the piece, I am guessing the point is that although he makes a big deal about APPEARING to focus, he doesn't always show good focus during games. How many lost shutouts in the last 10 minutes? Has to be a baker's dozen. And he's famous for letting in the weird goal, the shot that has no business going in.

He doth protest too much.

Why even bring that comment up?

I'll admit there are many insane comments posted here on an almost daily basis that never would bear repeating, but that particular theory was so absolutely ridiculous that whoever brought it up originally deserves the embarrassment a second time.

In the spirit of trying to be positive, the numbers($$$) could have been worse. To be honest, it doesn't matter what the $$$ are, Millers GAA, save % and shootout numbers have to be better if the Sabres are going anywhere next year or for the 5 after, that he just signed for.

I'll admit there are many insane comments posted here on an almost daily basis that never would bear repeating, but that particular theory was so absolutely ridiculous that whoever brought it up originally deserves the embarrassment a second time.

I have to stick up for that one.

That was Dwight Drane's, but he's kind of our Art Bell, able to tweak out a good hypothesis from a a handful of seemingly unrelated facts. He only has to be right once.

When he survives the coming singularity he'll be the one laughing at us.

Why should he be embarrassed? Unconventional yes, but a hell of a lot more interesting than the lastest FO rant that has the facts completely wrong.

Guest Sloth
Great news! This won't hang over their heads all season like Campbell did last year. Good job Darcy! Get Pommers signed, dammit!

I hope Miller's signing will speed up the Pomminstein negotiations. Anyone think he'll take a 6 year deal? You can tell FO is trying to build a key group of players to build around. Maybe Miller's signing will get Pomminstein to sign for a hometown discount. I'd be ecstatic if this was all done w/ in a week! :beer: :beer: :beer: !!!

I was wishing(as unrealistic as it seemed) that the Sabres could ink him to a 3 year deal. I have a gut feeling the Sabres got bent over on the deal. Let's see what the numbers are.

To some extent, everyone is getting bent over in today's NHL to some degree. Look at the Rangers and Flyers, lol who will never recover. Getting bent over on one player in the relative cap scheme of things isn't too bad, especially if it's your franchise goalie. This is good news that puts the stamp on a successful offseason IMO.

Great job Darcy! :thumbsup:

All is now well since Miller can afford to get the surgery to align his eyes properly to improve his depth perception. <_<

What poster was it that came up with that cockamamie theory? Classic stuff.

:chris: arg

Good stuff from the FO. Goaltender is the most important position, and they've got a guy who took an offensive team to the ECF two years in a row. I think that 6.25/yr is a good price.

It should also send a message to the other players on the roster that the team is taking a different tactic and that they will be treated differently.

Hopefully, it will additionally signal a shift in perception about Buffalo as a decent place to play. Miller seems to be a highly respected guy throughout the league (Pominville, too), so his decision not to flee next year should raise some eyebrows.

Archived