Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Wow. That's just brutal. I don't think I've worked anywhere when my boss hasn't been pushing me out the door come noon on the day before Thanksgiving.

lol - the crazy thing is, it's a conference call because she's in England, so not only is it late for us, it's going to be 8pm for her! And this call was already rescheduled once because she completely forgot to call us last Thursday. :wallbash:

Congress. Actually, just about anything government-related. I'm beginning to think that with the internet as it is, we restrict Congress to drafting legislation and then letting the general public vote on it online. I don't think things would be any worse and might even get better.....

That's a real hot potato issue right there - let alone anything to do with politics (which is why a topic like that is heavily discouraged on a forum such as this). IIRC, the Founding Fathers put in a system of checks and balances for a reason. As bad as that sounds, I really can't think of anything better than what they instituted when they drafted the Constitution.

lol - the crazy thing is, it's a conference call because she's in England, so not only is it late for us, it's going to be 8pm for her! And this call was already rescheduled once because she completely forgot to call us last Thursday. :wallbash:

Yeah, and on top of that, they don't observe Thanksgiving. Maybe you should send William Bradford and John Winthrop her way. ;)

The legal system. This is a very messed up world where a state-run agency can level completely unfounded and false charges against someone, then drag their name through the mud and put them on some kind of "offender" database (not a sex offender DB, thankfully), THEN when ALL the evidence all points at the fact that this individual did, in fact, NOT do what they accuse him of, they try to strong arm him into dropping the civil case that he's pursued for well over 18 months in an attempt to clear his name--thus leaving his name on this offender database--with the promise that the state will not pursue criminal charges FOR SOMETHING HE DIDN'T DO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And the worst part of it all? He's considering taking the deal. When he lays out all the information--the fact that a prosecution lands him in jail, drags his name into the NEWS and not just HIS name, but probably his immediate and extended family, in-laws, etc, THEN puts him on trial in front of a jury who very well may come back with the completely wrong verdict, thus landing him in *prison* rather than just jail ... take all that and consider his family's long-term needs (raising his kids, not leaving his wife in a completely lurched situation, providing for his family, et al)--when he considers all of that, he feels almost compelled to take the "deal" just so he can guarantee to stay with his family and not risk a jury trial and prison ... all over something he never did in the first place.

Happy effing Thanksgiving. His life is now utterly f***ed. How fair is that?

The legal system. This is a very messed up world where a state-run agency can level completely unfounded and false charges against someone, then drag their name through the mud and put them on some kind of "offender" database (not a sex offender DB, thankfully), THEN when ALL the evidence all points at the fact that this individual did, in fact, NOT do what they accuse him of, they try to strong arm him into dropping the civil case that he's pursued for well over 18 months in an attempt to clear his name--thus leaving his name on this offender database--with the promise that the state will not pursue criminal charges FOR SOMETHING HE DIDN'T DO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

And the worst part of it all? He's considering taking the deal. When he lays out all the information--the fact that a prosecution lands him in jail, drags his name into the NEWS and not just HIS name, but probably his immediate and extended family, in-laws, etc, THEN puts him on trial in front of a jury who very well may come back with the completely wrong verdict, thus landing him in *prison* rather than just jail ... take all that and consider his family's long-term needs (raising his kids, not leaving his wife in a completely lurched situation, providing for his family, et al)--when he considers all of that, he feels almost compelled to take the "deal" just so he can guarantee to stay with his family and not risk a jury trial and prison ... all over something he never did in the first place.

I'm guessing you know this person? That's pretty messed up. I wish I knew enough about the legal system to lend a hand because frankly, reading stupid sh!t like this makes me so mad :angry:

The deli put mayo on my sandwich instead of mustard. Their spicy mustard is ridiculously good, so this is a huge disappointment.

I asked for a new sandwich when Wegmans did that to me. I usually don't complain much to the people who make my food, but a mistake like that is uncalled for!

My basement flooded today. Again. Thanks Rochester.

That blows. Ours used to do the same thing every spring and fall. it was all the sump pump could do to keep up. :death:

good luck with that!

I asked for a new sandwich when Wegmans did that to me. I usually don't complain much to the people who make my food, but a mistake like that is uncalled for!

I didn't notice until I got back to the office with it. I could have gone back, but that would have been a waste of time.

I hate people who are miserable(especially those who are like that the majority of the time). Co-workers, friends, family, people you cross paths with while out shopping or dining, etc... They seem to be everywhere!

Does life really suck that bad?

Two examples front and center...

1. Brother-in-law who has been married to my sister for 30+ years. Used to be a great guy. Now when we get together, he behaves like he hates the whole family. During holiday outings(tomorrow included), he will sit in a chair and say nothing. I've given up trying to figure out why. Just easier to ignore him completely when he gets in his "mood".

2. Co-worker who likes to send me numerous texts whenever the Bills and Sabres are sucking. He does this during the game. Of course, I always check to see who it is, in case it is work related or somebody who legitimately has something of value to tell me. Instead it is "him" with...Miller SUCKS! Fitzpatrick is OVERPAID! These teams BLOW! blah, blah, blah...

I feel better now. Happy Thanksgiving!

My basement flooded today. Again. Thanks Rochester.

Do you own the house? (Or are you renting / in a townhouse w/ a basement?)

If you do own the house, is there terrain higher up than your house causing water to run down the hill towards your house? If so, install a french drain. It will significantly reduce the amount of water that your drainage system (perimeter drain, sump system, etc) has to deal with.

If you aren't in a location where a french drain would work, have you always had drainage issues or have they started more recently?

Turkey Drumsticks.......you need to earn them. They are like wearing a letter on a hockey team. If you are in charge of preparing the turkey....and you chop up all the dark meat including the drumsticks instead of keeping them whole....you need to be shot. If you let your 6 year old snot-nosed kid take a drumstick knowing full well he is going to take 2 bites then spit it out....you need to be shot.

I will defer a drumstick to a masculine elder, but all this organic whole foods bullshite has ruined our food culture.

Danny Gare....drumstick.

Pominville.....white meat, hold the gravy.

Miller.....tofurkey.

• Like (+1) 2

Christmas music on every speaker possible... Everywhere.

Oh my god that bugs the hell out of me. some of my family members enjoy listening to the xmas music already...I? I cringe at the thought. I'll listen to some no sooner than the week before christmas...and then it's done.

Do you own the house? (Or are you renting / in a townhouse w/ a basement?)

If you do own the house, is there terrain higher up than your house causing water to run down the hill towards your house? If so, install a french drain. It will significantly reduce the amount of water that your drainage system (perimeter drain, sump system, etc) has to deal with.

If you aren't in a location where a french drain would work, have you always had drainage issues or have they started more recently?

It's a townhouse I rent with some others. The sump pump is touchy and apparently decided to stick closed during the night. It's been raining for like...two days, so there's the problem.

My complaint now is that I put in a maintenance request before 10am, they came over (I was at work) and told my roommate that they'd get us a new sump pump and bring over a dehumidifier for the carpet in the finished area. It's 4:18 and I'm still waiting. I was supposed to go to Buffalo tonight but I suppose I wont be getting out of here till tomorrow now.

Stop inviting all of Rochester to the keg party in your basement. Prob solved.

You're just jealous.

This sinus thing I have going right now is killing me. Left nostril blocked clears then the right one gets stuffed. This morning I had finally had enough. I took a tylenol. Except i inadvertantly took the PM side of the AM/PM pack. I was knocked out for the most of this morning. Its hard to work when you are all doped up. Needless to say no work got done.

This sinus thing I have going right now is killing me. Left nostril blocked clears then the right one gets stuffed. This morning I had finally had enough. I took a tylenol. Except i inadvertantly took the PM side of the AM/PM pack. I was knocked out for the most of this morning. Its hard to work when you are all doped up. Needless to say no work got done.

This works great as a preventative measure!!!

http://www.neilmed.com/usa/sinusrinse.php

It's a townhouse I rent with some others. The sump pump is touchy and apparently decided to stick closed during the night. It's been raining for like...two days, so there's the problem.

At most hardware stores you can buy a little battery-powered water alarm for about $10. Just set it on the floor near the sump pump and you'll never have that problem again (although if it happens when nobody is home of course it won't help).

At most hardware stores you can buy a little battery-powered water alarm for about $10. Just set it on the floor near the sump pump and you'll never have that problem again (although if it happens when nobody is home of course it won't help).

Yup, and that's my issue. I was supposed to be long gone tonight. Now I have to drive over to the office and find out if anyone will even be in tomorrow. Then I get to call the emergency maintenance number to make them bring me the damn dehumidifier.

Sounds like they want us to adapt to North Korea's penal codes. Just not as draconian...yet.

I hate people who are miserable(especially those who are like that the majority of the time). Co-workers, friends, family, people you cross paths with while out shopping or dining, etc... They seem to be everywhere!

Does life really suck that bad?

Two examples front and center...

1. Brother-in-law who has been married to my sister for 30+ years. Used to be a great guy. Now when we get together, he behaves like he hates the whole family. During holiday outings(tomorrow included), he will sit in a chair and say nothing. I've given up trying to figure out why. Just easier to ignore him completely when he gets in his "mood".

2. Co-worker who likes to send me numerous texts whenever the Bills and Sabres are sucking. He does this during the game. Of course, I always check to see who it is, in case it is work related or somebody who legitimately has something of value to tell me. Instead it is "him" with...Miller SUCKS! Fitzpatrick is OVERPAID! These teams BLOW! blah, blah, blah...

I feel better now. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sorry you have to deal with that. Seems like all of us at one time or another come across people like that.

1, does this guy have a clue what introspection is?

2, sorry you have to go through this. I continue to try to learn from other people's mistakes (or even my own). (The BILLS joke I posted earlier in the season was a bit over the top.)

Turkey Drumsticks.......you need to earn them. They are like wearing a letter on a hockey team. If you are in charge of preparing the turkey....and you chop up all the dark meat including the drumsticks instead of keeping them whole....you need to be shot. If you let your 6 year old snot-nosed kid take a drumstick knowing full well he is going to take 2 bites then spit it out....you need to be shot.

I will defer a drumstick to a masculine elder, but all this organic whole foods bullshite has ruined our food culture.

Danny Gare....drumstick.

Pominville.....white meat, hold the gravy.

Miller.....tofurkey.

:lol: :worthy: Where did you get this bizarre sense of humor from? Steven Wright?

My complaint now is that I put in a maintenance request before 10am, they came over (I was at work) and told my roommate that they'd get us a new sump pump and bring over a dehumidifier for the carpet in the finished area. It's 4:18 and I'm still waiting. I was supposed to go to Buffalo tonight but I suppose I wont be getting out of here till tomorrow now.

You're just jealous.

Is the float switch floating free in the pit or is it on a rod? If it's free floating and getting caught on something, you can craft a 'cage' for it to float in so that it can't get obstructed. If it's on a rod, get some Pam or WD-40 and keep the bloody thing well lubed. The 'cage' idea can also work for the pump itself if for some reason debris is managing to clog the intake screen.

If the pump itself ist temperamental, you can always drop ~$65 on a utility pump that could come through in a pinch. Pain the the tuckus, especially when the landlord should take care of it, but if it's a recurring issue and you've got 3 roommates, it's less than $20 apiece and it's a lot less of a hassle than getting everything dried out.