Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

First, apologies, I could not resist. I tried, but i failed.

Really?! Ok, answer me this. Name one thing that predates Creation.

Dinosaurs for one, they were around millions of years before man "created" religion. :thumbsup:

And dinosaurs came from? :rolleyes:

They evolved :thumbsup:

It is completely possible to reconcile the fact of evolution with a belief in the Christian creation story. John Paul II and Pope Benedict are firm believers in evolution. And not some watered down version. The official doctrine is that all life on earth evolved from the same organism starting 3.5 - 4 Billion years ago. That this evolution was intended and guided by a god that exists outside of our temporal existence is the only added piece. They, along with myself, do not understand the insistence on the proposed antithetical relationship between evolution and creation.

Yay Hockey!

• Like (+1) 1

It is completely possible to reconcile the fact of evolution with a belief in the Christian creation story. John Paul II and Pope Benedict are firm believers in evolution. And not some watered down version. The official doctrine is that all life on earth evolved from the same organism starting 3.5 - 4 Billion years ago. That this evolution was intended and guided by a god that exists outside of our temporal existence is the only added piece. They, along with myself, do not understand the insistence on the proposed antithetical relationship between evolution and creation.

Yay Hockey!

1. Yep.

2. Yep.

Stupid thread is open past midnight as I am stuck in a hotel in the armpit of the world, freaking Scranton, Pa.

I cant think of the term for the theory that the mayor of pominville is referring to. :censored:

Assuming that "downtown" Scranton has only one hotel, I've been there. It does suck. Go to the bar across the street; it's not horrible.

The Lackawanna hotel? That's the one. The Irish bar across the street? Been there.

I think I was in a chain hotel, but definitely, it was the Irish bar across the street. It may be the only bar in Scranton. The whole town had "Dunder Mifflin" banners up, as if it were a badge of pride. (They're making fun of you, Scranton, don't you get it?)

It's a raddison, but it's an old, old hotel from the railroad boom days.

Scranton makes Elmira, auburn, and hornell look like thriving metropolises. Metropoli?

I hate this town.

That's the hotel. Man, it does suck.

EDIT: I am watching The Office reruns while I battle insomnia...again. Seeing plenty of Scranton.

Sheesh how old are ya Shrades? I hope I make to 40 considering it's next friggin week!!

How the ###### is somebody w/ calves like yours only 5 years younger than me?

And please note, that in deference to Chz's mourning, I am not bitching about this ###### thread being open past midnight.

Once again Chz, you and your family have my sincere condolences.

PS How the ###### does 'bitching' NOT get screened out by the language filter when you can't even say 'ding ###### the witch is dead'? SDS, you've got some 'splainin' to do. ;)

Sorry. Not buying theirs or anyone else's arguments. I'm not accountable to any papal magisterium, so therefore I do not have to follow their dualistic thinking about Creation and "evolution". After all, who was present all those millions of years ago to write down accounts of what happened? No one. It's all based on assumptions that grasp for straws and seeks to discredit the Creation account. Therefore, macro-evolution is not only science fiction, but it's also historical fiction. To hold it up as fact is disingenuous - and that's putting it lightly.

Sorry. Not buying theirs or anyone else's arguments. I'm not accountable to any papal magisterium, so therefore I do not have to follow their dualistic thinking about Creation and "evolution". After all, who was present all those millions of years ago to write down accounts of what happened? No one. It's all based on assumptions that grasp for straws and seeks to discredit the Creation account. Therefore, macro-evolution is not only science fiction, but it's also historical fiction. To hold it up as fact is disingenuous - and that's putting it lightly.

XC, as devout as you are, I am very saddened to see that you can't reconcile that God had the overriding hand in how the world developed but that evolution is reality.

I get it when 'scientists' don't believe in God because they believe that eventually science will be stretched far enough to explain not only how we're here but why as well (though I don't agree w/ it and know a lot of scientists that don't agree w/ that), but I don't understand why 'fundamentalists' don't believe in science. If God didn't want us to understand the world we live in and are a part of, wouldn't he have made us a LOT dumber?

• Like (+1) 1

XC, as devout as you are, I am very saddened to see that you can't reconcile that God had the overriding hand in how the world developed but that evolution is reality.

I get it when 'scientists' don't believe in God because they believe that eventually science will be stretched far enough to explain not only how we're here but why as well (though I don't agree w/ it and know a lot of scientists that don't agree w/ that), but I don't understand why 'fundamentalists' don't believe in science. If God didn't want us to understand the world we live in and are a part of, wouldn't he have made us a LOT dumber?

Taro my post count would be much higher if you weren't so good at saying what I was thinking in a much better way than I ever could. Thank you sir.

• Like (+1) 1

Thats fine friend just wondering about the "fossil fuel" that propels your industry in which you make a living......

Does anyone else see the irony when a person of "faith" says they don't believe in something because there are no facts to back it up.

Now, my real complaint. #somethingclever

Twitter is making us all twits.