Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I got kicked off of TSN because of my screen name. Something like "Upon review we are removing users names that may appear vulgar or not in the best taste" or something. Someone's got a dirty mind over there because I never meant that! I can see it now, but reeeaaaallly....

My mind is as bad as it gets and I can't figure out what else it could possibly say (other than what you meant).

I don't agree with you, so clearly you're an idiot and you know absolutely nothing. I'm going to go out of my way to point this out each time you post. In fact, I want to drive this fact home so much that I'm going to reply to your one post 5 times. You are a fool and I am much better than you.

But anyway, I've kind of hit the point at my job where I need to move on and take that next step. I'll hit the 5 year mark in november. The whole writing a resume and starting to send it out thing is a pain though. I've never been one to brag about things I've done (which fits well with the first part of this post, right?), so I usually end up putting together the most bland resume you'll ever see. Once I actually get all of that together, I have no idea how I'm supposed to go about searching and letting the boss know that I'm doing that. I've been told that I don't have to say anything until I actually get an offer, but how exactly do you use someone as a reference and not let them know you're thinking of leaving? I'm also ridiculously loyal, so I don't want to do anything that would leave them hanging if I were to leave quickly with the usual 2 weeks notice.

This week a friend of mine hooked me up with some bagels so I've heated one up every morning to eat when I arrive at work. I place it in the toaster over when I get up, brew my coffee, get ready for work and then fix my bagel and coffee to take with me. It normally takes 7-10 minutes for the bagel to toast adequately. After I pour my coffee, I reach into the toaster oven to grab my freshly toasted bagel for cream cheese application. Upon touching my bagel, I notice it's still room temp. After a quick study, I realize someone has tampered with the settings and has it on "bake" mode. When it is on bake mode, the temp needs to be set, otherwise you end up with a non-toasted/baked item. So it's 20 minutes later, my bagel is untoasted and I need to leave for work.

I've had this toaster oven for nearly 5 years. I've never had to adjust any settings. I toast things in it. If I want to heat something up, I use the microwave. If I want to bake something I use the oven. My retarded brother, seemingly likes to bake things in the toaster oven because he's too lazy to take the extra 5 minutes during dinner prep and heat the oven. Due to his laziness, I nearly rip out my front teeth on my untoasted bagel this morning and he cops a tude when I send him a text that looks somewhat similar to this post. For the $200 a month I charge him for rent, the least he could do is keep my toaster oven set on freaking toast.

This week a friend of mine hooked me up with some bagels so I've heated one up every morning to eat when I arrive at work. I place it in the toaster over when I get up, brew my coffee, get ready for work and then fix my bagel and coffee to take with me. It normally takes 7-10 minutes for the bagel to toast adequately. After I pour my coffee, I reach into the toaster oven to grab my freshly toasted bagel for cream cheese application. Upon touching my bagel, I notice it's still room temp. After a quick study, I realize someone has tampered with the settings and has it on "bake" mode. When it is on bake mode, the temp needs to be set, otherwise you end up with a non-toasted/baked item. So it's 20 minutes later, my bagel is untoasted and I need to leave for work.

I've had this toaster oven for nearly 5 years. I've never had to adjust any settings. I toast things in it. If I want to heat something up, I use the microwave. If I want to bake something I use the oven. My retarded brother, seemingly likes to bake things in the toaster oven because he's too lazy to take the extra 5 minutes during dinner prep and heat the oven. Due to his laziness, I nearly rip out my front teeth on my untoasted bagel this morning and he cops a tude when I send him a text that looks somewhat similar to this post. For the $200 a month I charge him for rent, the least he could do is keep my toaster oven set on freaking toast.

Raw egg in his bed should do the trick. :sick:

Dell laptops and Microsoft Windows Vista. Specifically Dell laptop batteries and Vista SP1. I still cannot get SP1 to install, even though I have MS Tech support "helping" me. I have had at least 25 failed installation attempts.

Dell laptop batteries - I am really getting disgusted with Dell's declining quality. I bought my first Dell laptop back in Fall 2004 (five years ago) and the battery still works fine. And this thing has really been beaten up by me and the elements - this is the one that had the storm window fall on it and crack the case, for those that remember.

Fast-forward to 2007, when I needed to replace my desktop and bought a new Inspiron laptop. First I had to complain and piss and moan because the original model they send me had a design defect where the sound card and headphone jacks pick up noise from the processor and motherboard, eventually getting me an upgrade to a redesigned upgraded model, which they sent to me in March 2008. Over the last couple weeks my battery has stopped taking a charge and Dell wants $140 to replace a battery that is less than 18 months old. :wallbash:

Dell laptop batteries - I am really getting disgusted with Dell's declining quality. I bought my first Dell laptop back in Fall 2004 (five years ago) and the battery still works fine. And this thing has really been beaten up by me and the elements - this is the one that had the storm window fall on it and crack the case, for those that remember.

That's surprising, it's rare that I find a laptop here at work of that vintage with a battery that works at all.

Fast-forward to 2007, when I needed to replace my desktop and bought a new Inspiron laptop. First I had to complain and piss and moan because the original model they send me had a design defect where the sound card and headphone jacks pick up noise from the processor and motherboard, eventually getting me an upgrade to a redesigned upgraded model, which they sent to me in March 2008. Over the last couple weeks my battery has stopped taking a charge and Dell wants $140 to replace a battery that is less than 18 months old. :wallbash:

That sucks. Not that it helps now, Apple's guide to Li-Ion batteries (what just about all electronic devices use these days) is pretty good. You shouldn't discharge them all the time (like the old NiCD and NiMH batteries), but you should discharge them at least every month otherwise the battery loses capacity. Apple explains it better than me:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/

I don't agree with you, so clearly you're an idiot and you know absolutely nothing. I'm going to go out of my way to point this out each time you post. In fact, I want to drive this fact home so much that I'm going to reply to your one post 5 times. You are a fool and I am much better than you.

Funny! Notice he hasn't been back. His mom must have caught him on the computer after his bedtime.