Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

People that order the double whopper with cheese king sized fries AND A DIET COKE!

No point trying to cover the fact, that diet coke ain't gonna do sh!t. So quit fooling yourself and just get a regular coke. You'll thank me in the end.

And this goes for fat and non-fat people. I don't get why the diet coke is soooooooooo important when you're not gonna be able to get it past all that other stuff crammed in your pie hole. :o

People that order the double whopper with cheese king sized fries AND A DIET COKE!

No point trying to cover the fact, that diet coke ain't gonna do sh!t. So quit fooling yourself and just get a regular coke. You'll thank me in the end.

And this goes for fat and non-fat people. I don't get why the diet coke is soooooooooo important when you're not gonna be able to get it past all that other stuff crammed in your pie hole. :o

I always order diet coke/pepsi. I just prefer the taste of it to regular cola which is sugary syrupy sweet beyond belief. It has nothing to do with what I am eating nor am I trying to lose weight by drinking it.

I always order diet coke/pepsi. I just prefer the taste of it to regular cola which is sugary syrupy sweet beyond belief. It has nothing to do with what I am eating nor am I trying to lose weight by drinking it.

That's fine, I'm just complaining about the people that intentionally get the biggest meal that is the worst for you and get a diet coke with it.

This road trip has me losing track of days.

My complaint: I can't pee my name in the snow. :chris:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8-AgWBf0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8-AgWBf0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Complaint Thursday is beyond OT at this point. It is a way of life.

Anyway... why do IT people have to be so annoying? The conversation goes something like this:

Me: I have to run Program A before I can use Program B. For some reason, Program A isn't working and giving me this error message. I need to clear up this issue with Program A.

IT Woman: What is happening when you try to run Program B?

That obviously wasn't word for word. I outlined the problem pretty clearly, but for some reason the woman keeps jumping to step 3 before even addressing step 1. Why won't you listen to me? I know that phase one is to steal underpants and phase 3 is profit, but phase 2 is kind of important too.

That's crazy talk and worst I get it because I work in IT now and have for over 25 years. :blink: Like one of our customer's that wanted to take their VB6.0 desktop application and have it use some of the new AJAX functionality they see on a website application. Reply from me goes something like this "well sir thats a great idea but you see it's kinda like trying to take a pig and turn it into Ms America. Sure you put lipstick and that pretty dress on it and it cleans up a bit but in the end it's still a pig. :rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8-AgWBf0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfL8-AgWBf0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMG Never. I've heard some girls use a piece of pipe to direct the stream, but that too, OMG never.

Rod Blagojevich. Just STFU and go to jail already. No one believes the BS coming out of your mouth. Yeah, we get it - everything you said and everything that has been said about you has been taken out of context. Right.

Seniors who flood the grocery stores to stock up for a snowstorm, then rush back out on the streets five minutes after the snow stops falling, only to drive 5 MPH and not stay in a lane.

People who clear nothing but a 6" space on their windshield and then hit the roads, unable to see anyone else and blinding everyone with the snow flying off their car.

The Cleveland Public Schools CEO who defended his decision to keep the schools open yesterday by saying "we had people tell us the snow was going to end at 8 or 9 am and the streets we could clean up then." Keep in mind it had been snowing since about midnight, this was a storm that stretched across 12 states and we had winter storm warnings in effect saying it would snow until 4-5 PM. So then they reverse ground and decide to close the schools early, further inconveniencing parents who had to come back in the middle of the day. None of this really affected me, but I can't understand how someone in that position of authority has so little common sense.

The Cleveland Public Schools CEO who defended his decision to keep the schools open yesterday by saying "we had people tell us the snow was going to end at 8 or 9 am and the streets we could clean up then." Keep in mind it had been snowing since about midnight, this was a storm that stretched across 12 states and we had winter storm warnings in effect saying it would snow until 4-5 PM. So then they reverse ground and decide to close the schools early, further inconveniencing parents who had to come back in the middle of the day. None of this really affected me, but I can't understand how someone in that position of authority has so little common sense.

Not sure if it works the same in Ohio but I know in NYS you have a certain amount of days that you can close schools, I believe its something like 8 days. If you don't use all eight days you get a kick back from the state. And I think you only need to be in school for 2 or 3 hours to have it count as a full school day and not against the "in-service" or "closed" days.

Not sure if it works the same in Ohio but I know in NYS you have a certain amount of days that you can close schools, I believe its something like 8 days. If you don't use all eight days you get a kick back from the state. And I think you only need to be in school for 2 or 3 hours to have it count as a full school day and not against the "in-service" or "closed" days.

There's been some rumblings that this was the case. I just couldn't believe that the CEO of the school system would go in front of a camera and toss out such a blatant pile of horseschitt as an explanation - "our people said it would stop snowing at 8 or 9" that everyone knew was nowhere close to the truth.

We have an ISP-type that convinced us they should take over all of our email handling. We're an organization of 9,000+ with a pretty large IT group that generally knows what it's doing, yet they completely underestimated our abilities (yes, I'm one of those IT people) and treat us like dogsh*t when it comes to the details. Not to mention, they sold us on their experience and how they do this with a lot of customers...but every question we have for them is usually responded to with "Uh, we'll have to research that and get back to you."

I just picked up a burrito for lunch. For some reason, when I asked for lettuce, they put guacamole on it instead (they sound so similar). I didn't notice this while they were making it, so I asked the cashier why I was being charged the extra for guacamole. They then started making me a new one, all while carrying on a conversation between the 4 workers all in spanish. You know, when you speak such a common language, you may want to make sure the customer doesn't speak it when your talking about him in front of his face. They didn't say anything too colorful, so I just let it go. Really though, I hate when people at stores/restaraunts do this, no matter what the language. You know they're talking about you.

Tyler Perry. Can someone explain to me how this hack keeps getting TV series and movie deals? (I know he has his own studio, it's a rhetorical question.) He's not funny at all, his shows are stereotypical, unfunny garbage (this Madea crap is BRU-TAL) but TBS keeps cranking out new Tyler Perry crap every six months. Dane Cook gets a lot of flack (and probably deserves most of it) but how does Tyler Perry keep getting work?

Tyler Perry. Can someone explain to me how this hack keeps getting TV series and movie deals? (I know he has his own studio, it's a rhetorical question.) He's not funny at all, his shows are stereotypical, unfunny garbage (this Madea crap is BRU-TAL) but TBS keeps cranking out new Tyler Perry crap every six months. Dane Cook gets a lot of flack (and probably deserves most of it) but how does Tyler Perry keep getting work?

I thought I was the only one to think this. I have tried watching his shows and they are terrible. Not "very funny"!!

I think Tyler Perry has some certain off-screen talents that made him the success he is today. And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that he got famous by dressing as a woman. Ahem.

As for snow storms, I am sick of the local stations where I live whipping people into a frenzy over 3-4" of snow, which we got yesterday when the schools were closed. For 3-4"? They are turning our children into wussies!

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I do like the show "House of Payne." No one slam me for that. It is some thing I've been hiding for a while... :lol:

But yeah, the rest of Tyler Perry's work is horse crap.

I'm ashamed to admit this, but I do like the show "House of Payne." No one slam me for that. It is some thing I've been hiding for a while... :lol:

But yeah, the rest of Tyler Perry's work is horse crap.

You're dead to me.

Rod Blagojevich. Just STFU and go to jail already. No one believes the BS coming out of your mouth. Yeah, we get it - everything you said and everything that has been said about you has been taken out of context. Right.

Justice has been served, my friend.

The Illinois State Senate voted 59-0 to oust him. On top of that, they voted that he not be allowed to ever hold any political office in the state of Illinois. He has since been replaced by his lieutenant governor Pat Quinn (no relation to Larry or the former Leafs coach of the same name). It just goes to show that when members of his own political party voted against him, he has really screwed up beyond belief.

And now, my complaint for the week: Rick Warren.

Justice has been served, my friend.

The Illinois State Senate voted 59-0 to oust him. On top of that, they voted that he not be allowed to ever hold any political office in the state of Illinois. He has since been replaced by his lieutenant governor Pat Quinn (no relation to Larry or the former Leafs coach of the same name). It just goes to show that when members of his own political party voted against him, he has really screwed up beyond belief.

That or they want to get him out and keep him quiet about all their wrong doings. Living in Chicago now, I think there are probably people doing as dirty if not more dirty things all the time (and getting away with it). Despite all his lobbying to get people to allow him to call witnesses to the stand, nobody wants that because certainly Pres. Obama's new/old bud Rahm Emmanuel would have to come underoath and say what he knows. Chicago is the dirtiest political landscape on earth, crooked things happen all the time.

1. Politics in general. It seems like everyone GOP is seething with anger and hatred as of late. That's a big mistake on their part as it's going to ensure they stay out of office. I think I'm done with politics for a while.

2. My employer cut company funded gym memberships and didn't tell anyone. Surprise! Your membership with us is longer valid. This comes after no COL increase, insurance cuts, parking cuts, staffing cuts, flex spending cuts, 401k contribution, cut by two thirds, introduction of a 401 vesting, increase in cost of drinks... and our execs all got 15% raises. We're a company of less than 300. I'm two from the top. I don't get this. We're turning a healthy profit even though the economy sucks. Feels a lot like we're using the economy as a reason to kill benefits.

3. My beer belly.

That or they want to get him out and keep him quiet about all their wrong doings. Living in Chicago now, I think there are probably people doing as dirty if not more dirty things all the time (and getting away with it). Despite all his lobbying to get people to allow him to call witnesses to the stand, nobody wants that because certainly Pres. Obama's new/old bud Rahm Emmanuel would have to come underoath and say what he knows. Chicago is the dirtiest political landscape on earth, crooked things happen all the time.

Well, maybe not on earth, but certainly in the United States. There are other countries that make Chicago's political landscape look peachy clean. Did we forget about Russia?