Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Pizza delivery guys expecting huge tips piss me off. ?I got a pizza delivered to my house last Friday night. ?The place offers a $1.50 coupon and a free delivery coupon (worth $2) that says right at the bottom of it "Can be used with any other offer or coupon". ?The total (before coupons) comes to $14.60. ?I give the guy $15 and the coupons. ?That is a $4 tip. ?The guy acts like I kicked his dog. ?The only thing I can think of is he has a stack of coupons in his car that he turns in to the restaurant when customers dont use them, pockets the difference, and gets mad when people actually use the coupons.

P.S. ?Don't expect a bigger tip if you deliver my pizza in a 14mpg truck. ?I didn't ask you to, and my pizza isn't going to taste any better because you did. ? :nana:

I was just going to post something exactly like that. :D

I'm getting pretty damn sick of 'get ahead at all costs' corporate tools. Get ahead on ability and know-how, not spin and information hoarding. Working sucks. Oh what I'd give to be self employed. Maybe I'll start a software business of some sort.

There, not bad for my first complaint on a Thursday!

Pizza chains, being Pizza Hut, Dominos, etc..., have gone down hill. They flat out suck. I'd rather have my wife's pizza. If she makes a good pizza, I'll give her a GREAT tip! :lol:

My complaint is the stupid Xbox 360. I'm on my 4th system and I rarely ever get up to 90 minutes a day playing NHL 09. I wish I had waited for the PS3! :doh:

?The total (before coupons) comes to $14.60. ?I give the guy $15 and the coupons. ?That is a $4 tip.

To me it sounds like a 40 cent tip. Not sure how that place uses it's coupons but if you didn't specify you had the coupons when placing the order, he may have to cover the difference. The whole charging for delivery slope gets slippery. People have asked me "How much of the delivery fee do you get?" (my previous employer charged for delivery, my current one doesn't). My answer was "None." I was just as baffled as to why as the customer. Cheapskate owner I guess.

If your intention was to give a 4 dollar tip, then great just don't make it all complicated with 17 coupons and secret handshakes to get it.

To me it sounds like a 40 cent tip. Not sure how that place uses it's coupons but if you didn't specify you had the coupons when placing the order, he may have to cover the difference. The whole charging for delivery slope gets slippery. People have asked me "How much of the delivery fee do you get?" (my previous employer charged for delivery, my current one doesn't). My answer was "None." I was just as baffled as to why as the customer. Cheapskate owner I guess.

If your intention was to give a 4 dollar tip, then great just don't make it all complicated with 17 coupons and secret handshakes to get it.

I always thought that the tip was above and beyond compensation. I never realized that you had to pay for your own gas. So when Papa Johns charges a delivery fee, who is getting the money?

By the way, Papa Johns is plain ruining pizza in this country.

I always thought that the tip was above and beyond compensation. I never realized that you had to pay for your own gas. So when Papa Johns charges a delivery fee, who is getting the money?

Not sure how the corporate joints do it but the mom and pop joint I used to work for (the one who charged for delivery) took all the monay but they were notoriously cheap. Paid me 5 bucks an hour plus tips. Some days I would go home with 2 bucks in my pocket and 20 bucks toward my paycheck.

By the way, Papa Johns is plain ruining pizza in this country.

Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Dominoes all need to go to hell. I have no idea why consumers would choose them over a local establishment.

Pizza delivery guys expecting huge tips piss me off. I got a pizza delivered to my house last Friday night. The place offers a $1.50 coupon and a free delivery coupon (worth $2) that says right at the bottom of it "Can be used with any other offer or coupon". The total (before coupons) comes to $14.60. I give the guy $15 and the coupons. That is a $4 tip. The guy acts like I kicked his dog. The only thing I can think of is he has a stack of coupons in his car that he turns in to the restaurant when customers dont use them, pockets the difference, and gets mad when people actually use the coupons.

P.S. Don't expect a bigger tip if you deliver my pizza in a 14mpg truck. I didn't ask you to, and my pizza isn't going to taste any better because you did. :nana:

Unless you like Inkman's special sauce.

So in my hockey game last week on thursday (ended too late to make it to that week's Complaint Thursday), some retarded 6'6 giant thought that the best response to me bumping one of his teammates who ran my goalie was to swing his stick at my head. Then the guy decides that I'm a coward (obviously he used a different word) because I wouldn't take my helmet off and fight him. My response "Take my helmet off? What, so you can slash me in the face this time?".

I never understand these idiots. Why in the hell do they want to take the helmets off and start throwing punches? Nevermind the fact that they issue this challenge while at least 10 feet away and constantly backing up. It's a men's league. We don't get a damn thing for playing in this league. I'm not going to risk getting jumped by three people just because some idiot can't control his temper. Maybe they do need to remove fighting from the game because it makes idiots like this think it's an essential part of the game that needs to happen every single day. And if the guy is so hell bent on fighting, why does he swing his stick and hit people in the back of the head before he makes that challenge? Thank god I have a 2nd helmet so I could replace the broken strap.

Oh well, I guess I'll go back to my Matthew Barnaby pest style game in my game tonight. Yeah, I'm never going to fight these guys because there's no point (well, unless they go way over the line), but it is funny as hell watching them snap.

You all suck, now I want pizza ;)

My complaint is about my luck with tires lately... There's nothing like seeing one of my car tires completely flat from a nail first thing in the morning. :censored: Then right after I fix that, my bike tire gets a flat for the third time this season! :censored::censored:

people who wait to put on a turn signal until they have a line of cars sitting behind them (no turning lane) and wait until they get to the intersection to signal....... so everyone else behind you is stuck because you are a moron....

:censored:

And on the flip side, :censored: the douchebag who puts their turn signal on approximately a half-mile from their intended turn, and then passes several turning possibilities along the way.

First time I read this topic - should have done so before - it's great - hope it continues. I'm full of complaints...

For starters, people who get something for free & then complain about it.

Next, people who are rude to customer service people in a business who are just doing their job. Someone threw a clip board back at the nice older lady who works at the front desk of our office the other day because they didn't want to fill out the paperwork required for their visit. Someone else told the other front office lady to go to hell because they didn't like her trying to explain their bill to them.

Russell Brand: Political differences aside, he looks like a walking suppository of sqeeze - those leathers he had on at the MTV show were just nasty & about 20 years out of date. Guy should get a capital L tatoo'd on his forehead.

Finally for today: David Letterman - I'm all for comedy but the guy should stick to his political wit in his opening monologue - if he wants to talk politics during his whole show, he should resign & go on CNN

Finally for today: David Letterman - I'm all for comedy but the guy should stick to his political wit in his opening monologue - if he wants to talk politics during his whole show, he should resign & go on CNN

I'm with you on Dave. I grew up adoring the man. He's become an embarrassment. You can't escape the partisanship even on late-night TV comedy. Dave's as dumb as a doorbell. I've been disappointed to discover this the last couple of years.

I also want to complain about my memory. All week long I file away complaints for Thursday. Now I can't remember any of them.

I'm already tired of election season. I'm tired of seeing Dubya on the TV shifting blame to others. I really hate coming home to find that Dubya's TV address screwed up my DVR recording of Criminal Minds.

On a non-complaint side note - "Complaint Thursdays" are now my favorite thread.

I'm already tired of election season. I'm tired of seeing Dubya on the TV shifting blame to others. I really hate coming home to find that Dubya's TV address screwed up my DVR recording of Criminal Minds.

On a non-complaint side note - "Complaint Thursdays" are now my favorite thread.

I am complaining about all Politicians - whether it be W who seems as out of touch with the economic situation as his Dad did at the end of 41's term (anyone remember that recession? - it wasn't fun to be graduating from college then with zero job prospects) or Barney Frank/Cox/Dodd/Pelosi who can get on TV with a straight face & blame everything on Bush when they are as much a part of the problem as he is (add Schumer too to the list - he actually wanted to expand Fannie & Freddie's lending standards last year and shot down any criticisms that they were financially troubled). Politicos have to be the most worthless space taker uppers on the planet - I'd say even more so than lawyers but they are mostly lawyers so no point. All the Washington power elite in Sodom on the Potomac are bending over (literally) to help out the idiot sheeple on Wall Street who can't manage their own businesses and we're getting a $700 Billion tax increase as a result (taxes pay for the bailout - like to see them try to sell it to the voters with that label).

Anyway, the election cannot be over soon enough for me regardless of who wins.

I'm with you on Dave. I grew up adoring the man. He's become an embarrassment. You can't escape the partisanship even on late-night TV comedy. Dave's as dumb as a doorbell. I've been disappointed to discover this the last couple of years.

I also want to complain about my memory. All week long I file away complaints for Thursday. Now I can't remember any of them.

Gollisano cut in front of me this morning in line at Sprague's.

Frickin' Billionaires.

I did intend to give a $4 tip, but I wasn't about to spend $19 on a pizza to do so. ?If it weren't for the coupons (that I thought I was giving the savings right back to the kid that delivered), I would have picked the pizza up myself.

What is considered a big tip anyway? ?I mean at some point you're giving them more than just the tip. . . :shrug:

I am complaining about all Politicians - whether it be W who seems as out of touch with the economic situation as his Dad did at the end of 41's term (anyone remember that recession? - it wasn't fun to be graduating from college then with zero job prospects) or Barney Frank/Cox/Dodd/Pelosi who can get on TV with a straight face & blame everything on Bush when they are as much a part of the problem as he is (add Schumer too to the list - he actually wanted to expand Fannie & Freddie's lending standards last year and shot down any criticisms that they were financially troubled). Politicos have to be the most worthless space taker uppers on the planet - I'd say even more so than lawyers but they are mostly lawyers so no point. All the Washington power elite in Sodom on the Potomac are bending over (literally) to help out the idiot sheeple on Wall Street who can't manage their own businesses and we're getting a $700 Billion tax increase as a result (taxes pay for the bailout - like to see them try to sell it to the voters with that label).

Anyway, the election cannot be over soon enough for me regardless of who wins.

Politicians are destroying this country and are putting more and more people into an economic hole they will never be able to climb out of. We have the right to vote? I think not. Sure, we can technically vote, but there has not been a legitimate candidate to vote for in years. Our country is simply FUBAR.

Not really a complaint but anyway:

I have the smileys turned off so that when I read this board at work, it isn't as obvious that I'm goofing off. ?The smiley's show up on my display as text "(IMG:style_emoticons/default/censored.gif)" etc.

This one? :wallbash: displayes as "wallbash.gif" which my eyes always read as "ballwash.gif".

What does that say about me?

Not really a complaint but anyway:

I have the smileys turned off so that when I read this board at work, it isn't as obvious that I'm goofing off. ?The smiley's show up on my display as text "(IMG:style_emoticons/default/censored.gif)" etc.

This one? :wallbash: displayes as "wallbash.gif" which my eyes always read as "ballwash.gif".

What does that say about me?

you really like washing balls?

I did intend to give a $4 tip, but I wasn't about to spend $19 on a pizza to do so. ?If it weren't for the coupons (that I thought I was giving the savings right back to the kid that delivered), I would have picked the pizza up myself.

What is considered a big tip anyway? ?I mean at some point you're giving them more than just the tip. . . :shrug:

I'd probably consider myself a big tipper, so add grain of salt. I've been a waitress and feel Ink's pain.

If you have been served personally (flame on) and served well, then 20% especially at a classy place.

If you been delivered pizza, and they haven't set your table, served each slice, cleared your place and done your dishes (I think you get my point) then 10%.

The big unanswered question is Do you tip the person who dries your car at Delta Sonic?

And you wonder why you get all those old man jokes around here. But yeah, that's me too. I'm ready to complain all week, but then when thursday roles around, its close enough to the weekend that I've run out of ideas. Luckily the stick swinging incident I mentioned earlier is still very fresh in my memory.