Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Since Blue keeps pointing me in this direction, I might as well rant a bit in here. The non-stop negativity from so many around here has been so ridiculous lately, especially with stuff like these Pominville talks.

From reading some of these posts, it looks like people seriously think that Darcy and co. spend their whole day sitting at their desk, spinning around in their swivel chairs non-stop. Every single day at 5, Quinn stands up, stumbles towards the bathroom, doesn't make it far enough, only to throw up in Golisano's giant barrel of sugar packets. They probably also mix in a couple "pull my finger" jokes and oggle hot chicks on the internet, but that's only during lunch time.

I know it's completely shocking, but they actually do focus on hockey. Now I know we're going to find something else to complain about because we always do, but remember, they are actually working on this team.

The amount of respect I have for you is dwindling. You might as well wake up in the morning and ask someone to #%^$#! in your mouth.

How is that even possible? You guys are pretty much like-minded on various sundry issues.

Goodness! I don't even ask for respect around here. I've always been my own cat, just like Oliver Cromwell - warts and all.

Can you reformat the document before printing? :unsure:

PDF format, so I can't tinker with it or change it.

Or only print the sections he needs.

I wish, but I need all three pages. It's just a football roster, so I can't pick and choose what sections I need. The problem is they used a larger font and larger page margins than necessary, and as a result, a roster of approx. 71 players gets spread out over three pages.

For reference: their opponent this week has 64 players on the roster. The teams I covered last week had 70 and 96 players respectively. All of them managed to limit their roster on one page, and it's readable.

Well, I usually don't post in this thread, but I'm really pissed off today, despite the great news of Jason Pominville signing a long term extension. Sitting behind my computer screen, you have no idea what I look like, but I am in fact a very proud guy of South Asian (Indian) descent. I wanted to start a new student organization at my MBA school. The reason is because South Asians (read people from India) represent about 20% of our student population and there is no student organization dedicated to this minority group. I developed a business case for our student government that approves new student organizations. Well, they rejected my idea. Here is the irony, one of the core values at my MBA school is diversity. They believe that creating a new organization geared towards South Asians will hinder diversity because it creates exclusion because we already have an International Business Association. Apparently, starting a club for South Asians will take students away from the International Business Association and creates more exclusion instead of inclusion. Well, here's my question, why is it okay to have student organizations for Black MBAs and Hispanic MBAs, but not for South Asians when they represent 20% of the student body? Why is it okay to be diverse if you're black or Hispanic, but if your South Asian you're just lumped with everyone else and you don't matter? Why are certain racial groups deemed important and the rest are just marginalized? If you are concerned about exclusion, then there shouldn't be student organizations for Black and Hispanic MBAs either. Why is it acceptable for certain minority groups to have clubs and others are just lumped with everyone else? By blatantly discriminating against one minority group you are destroying the diversity that you are trying to further along through the program, and I'm totally pissed off by this. My choices are to go public and totally bring down the entire school, which will make me look bad in the long run, or just accept the racism. Considering it's MBA school, I'm really trying to get a good, high paying job after the program, so letting this go is in my best financial interest, but I have principles and this just seems wrong. Not sure what to do, but it bugs the hell out of me, that's for sure.

Well, I usually don't post in this thread, but I'm really pissed off today, despite the great news of Jason Pominville signing a long term extension. Sitting behind my computer screen, you have no idea what I look like, but I am in fact a very proud guy of South Asian (Indian) descent. I wanted to start a new student organization at my MBA school. The reason is because South Asians (read people from India) represent about 20% of our student population and there is no student organization dedicated to this minority group. I developed a business case for our student government that approves new student organizations. Well, they rejected my idea. Here is the irony, one of the core values at my MBA school is diversity. They believe that creating a new organization geared towards South Asians will hinder diversity because it creates exclusion because we already have an International Business Association. Apparently, starting a club for South Asians will take students away from the International Business Association and creates more exclusion instead of inclusion. Well, here's my question, why is it okay to have student organizations for Black MBAs and Hispanic MBAs, but not for South Asians when they represent 20% of the student body? Why is it okay to be diverse if you're black or Hispanic, but if your South Asian you're just lumped with everyone else and you don't matter? Why are certain racial groups deemed important and the rest are just marginalized? If you are concerned about exclusion, then there shouldn't be student organizations for Black and Hispanic MBAs either. Why is it acceptable for certain minority groups to have clubs and others are just lumped with everyone else? By blatantly discriminating against one minority group you are destroying the diversity that you are trying to further along through the program, and I'm totally pissed off by this. My choices are to go public and totally bring down the entire school, which will make me look bad in the long run, or just accept the racism. Considering it's MBA school, I'm really trying to get a good, high paying job after the program, so letting this go is in my best financial interest, but I have principles and this just seems wrong. Not sure what to do, but it bugs the hell out of me, that's for sure.

Part of it stems from postmodernism (which, when you think about it, presents its own consequences - which we're seeing right now with the collapse of the US economy thanks to rogue companies that sought quick cash at the expense of the general health of the economy. Now they're getting a dose of their own medicine, and we're forced to take it as well.)

Well, here's my question, why is it okay to have student organizations for Black MBAs and Hispanic MBAs, but not for South Asians when they represent 20% of the student body?

Because if they don't let the blacks and hispanics have their little groups, then they get sued. If they don't let South Asians have a group, they just tend to decide it's not worth the effort and that there are better things to do with one's time. Consider yourself and your ethnically related comrades as a little more intelligent; do you really need a campus sanctioned group to organize yourselves? Or do you just want one out of principle? Don't waste your time with trivial pursuits, just get your degree and get out of there and into the real world.

I'm gonna complain about myself. I should be thankful for the job I have, especially with our country's status to date. I also don't have a college degree, so I should be doubly thankful. Yet each day, I dread going in. Not just going in, either. I hate my employees (temp. staffing agency that staffs my department, do the math), I'm not real "keen" on my co-workers, and even though I opted to work overnights, I complain about that, too.

Shame on me for not being appreciative for what I have. My company has been very good to me, and I should be happy.

Poor tippers piss me off. I've recently started my second stint as a pizza delivery guy (part time, as a second job) and some people make me want to take a big dump on their front step. If you live within a half mile of the pizza joint and you tip < 2 bucks, I can live with it. If you live on the edge of the delivery zone (~ 5 miles) and you tip less than 2 bucks, you probably didn't even cover my gas. I get ~ 14 MPG in my truck. You just made me drive 10 miles, that is ~ 2/3 of a gallon or $2.50 worth of gas. Just tip > 2 bucks, thank you.

Pizza delivery guys expecting huge tips piss me off. ?I got a pizza delivered to my house last Friday night. ?The place offers a $1.50 coupon and a free delivery coupon (worth $2) that says right at the bottom of it "Can be used with any other offer or coupon". ?The total (before coupons) comes to $14.60. ?I give the guy $15 and the coupons. ?That is a $4 tip. ?The guy acts like I kicked his dog. ?The only thing I can think of is he has a stack of coupons in his car that he turns in to the restaurant when customers dont use them, pockets the difference, and gets mad when people actually use the coupons.

P.S. ?Don't expect a bigger tip if you deliver my pizza in a 14mpg truck. ?I didn't ask you to, and my pizza isn't going to taste any better because you did. ? :nana: