Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Same happened to me. I'm giving him 2 more weeks and then i'll probably drop him if he keeps getting 2 catches for 22 yards.

It's going to be amazing to see Randy Moss dropped from so many fantasy teams, if his numbers stay as bad as last Sunday.

Who would you pick up? Just curious.

I'm putting a complaint on myself. I simply responded to ROC's complaint, but I did not make my own. So not making a complaint is my complaint.

It's going to be amazing to see Randy Moss dropped from so many fantasy teams, if his numbers stay as bad as last Sunday.

Who would you pick up? Just curious.

I'm putting a complaint on myself. I simply responded to ROC's complaint, but I did not make my own. So not making a complaint is my complaint.

After watching the jags last week against the bills i might think about picking up matt jones. If Garrard and the O-line can hold up for him he should be a decent receiver for them. No clue tho. It's a crap shoot. Hell, might even take Roscoe Parrish. With the new Def/Special Teams thing he can have 3 catches for 20 yards and 3 punt returns for 100 yards and get me some points. He has 33 points so far this season cuz of it.

Back to complaining....

Inside the NFL, why do you hate the Bills? Why? every week i watch them talk about how good every other team is except the bills. Eat me Collinsworth.

I rise to whine about the Drudge Report. I know he's just another right-wing media hack, but I go to the site anyway because he collects a lot of interesting news links. I can't find anything quite like it elsewhere online, kind of like The Sabres Report here.

But Drudge is really testing my good will. He very nefariously slips his bias into his headlines, a lot of times tweaking the actual headline just enough to make a political point. The other day, I noticed a link on Drudge that said Obama had gotten 60% of press mentions to McCain's 40%. A lot of people merely skim Drudge to get their news and never go to the linked sites, and Drudge knows it. So the message was pretty clear: the media is biased towards Obama.

Going to the story, however, here's what we find out:

"Obama had 54,624 mentions (in the press), or a 60% share, during the Democratic convention time period tracked, compared to McCain's 36,771 mentions, or 40%, in the same timeframe."

No sh*t!

I rise to whine about the Drudge Report. I know he's just another right-wing media hack, but I go to the site anyway because he collects a lot of interesting news links. I can't find anything quite like it elsewhere online, kind of like The Sabres Report here.

But Drudge is really testing my good will. He very nefariously slips his bias into his headlines, a lot of times tweaking the actual headline just enough to make a political point. The other day, I noticed a link on Drudge that said Obama had gotten 60% of press mentions to McCain's 40%. A lot of people merely skim Drudge to get their news and never go to the linked sites, and Drudge knows it. So the message was pretty clear: the media is biased towards Obama.

Going to the story, however, here's what we find out:

"Obama had 54,624 mentions (in the press), or a 60% share, during the Democratic convention time period tracked, compared to McCain's 36,771 mentions, or 40%, in the same timeframe."

No sh*t!

Media has been all over him since the get go. The media, in a round about way, controls the minds of the citizens w/ in our nation. Simply put, people, NOT ALL, are brainwashed.

On Friday nights I cover high school football games for the newspaper, so I call the schools ahead of time to get rosters, talk with the AD, make sure I'm set to talk to coaches after the game, etc. One of the schools for this Friday's game sent me a frigging 3-page roster, in 12-point font and complete with numbers for home AND away jerseys. That would be understandable if there was a significant number of players with different numbers for home and away, but there are NONE. Everyone on that roster has the same number for both home and away.

Now, when I'm writing my story under deadline on Friday night, I will have to flip through a three-page roster to find names and numbers. More work and headaches.

15 days before real hockey starts and my cable company doesn't know if they are getting/offering the center ice package.. :censored:

I'm tellin ya...I went thru the same thing last season! Your cable company will string you along forever if they can! "We are waiting to reach an agreement with In Demand to carry Center Ice..."

Well I waited a year and it ain't happening.

I'm in a bad mood. How much space here do I have?

My tooth hurts bad, and I'm not seeing a dentist till tomorrow morning. I have to work all weekend and the weather is supposed to be beautiful. I hate owning my own business. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. You NEVER have time off...it's always with you. And if you are short on payroll, yours is always the check that doesn't get printed.

I miss my husband. The family business is suffering in this ecomomy like everything else so he took a second job that takes up most of his time. He works so much overtime at the new gig, then all the hours at our place, and we see each other very briefly anymore.

My children are gifted intellectually. I am not bragging, or showing off. I don't believe it is because of something special I did, it is just our reality and sometimes it is hard to deal with. The fact of the matter is this: my children have special needs and they have every right to learn and develop to their fullest potential. They do not deserve to become the teachers aid in class because none of the work challenges them and the teacher does not have time to individualize their instruction.

So finally the oldest one is in High School, and they do not hold her back, as long as she fights for it. She did have to go to an "inquisition" type meeting with dept. heads, principals, board members, psychologists, guidance counselors, and the like. She was asking to go directly into advanced biology...to skip 9th grade "general science". After some discussion, they let her but DUH!!! Two years ago she was nearly perfect on her ACT and last year nearly perfect on the SAT. And that was just practice.

The younger one is part of a new, experimental self contained gifted class at her school. Other parents are up in arms because they percieve that these kids are taking money and space from their kids. People believe that because they are gifted, they will be fine...no need to teach them or offer them anything special. They're gifted! Well, does anyone realize that the drop out rate for gifted kids is one of the highest! So my little one is stuck in a glorified closet at her school with no windows because no one will give up any room for this new program. They have been told they can't have lockers like everyone else at school...too expensive! so their stuff is in milk crates in this closet they call a classroom. My daughter says "We don't get lockers like everyone else because we are not normal". If any of you have kids, then you know how this broke my heart. She should not be made to feel that she is not normal just because she is smart. That is part of the reason why so many bright minds fizzle out before they reach their fullest potential. Most kids just want to be treated like everyone else.

Crap. I'm running out of gas on the ranting.

The in-laws still suck.

Maybe you should contact the school and see if they need an advisor for their IT.

:lol:

I asked my editor if we could send them a hint by emailing them a basic roster template or even sending one of the other schools' rosters to use as a guide. I was only half-joking.

But seriously she was of the opinion that with 180 schools in our coverage area, we take what we can get roster-wise. I can only hope that one of the other schools says something to them when they send the rosters to their opponents for inclusion in the gameday programs. No one wants to waste all that extra paper.

The amount of respect I have for you is dwindling. You might as well wake up in the morning and ask someone to #%^$#! in your mouth.

Like I said, I don't like his politics, but I find the site useful. I know what I'm doing. I only read it for the articles. Trust me babe.