Sabres Schedule

X. Benedict

That's a fun road trip sandwiched around the All-Star break ...

Monday January 19 @ Florida 7:30 PM

Wednesday January 21 @ Tampa Bay 7:30 PM

--- BREAK ----

Tuesday January 27 @ Edmonton 9:00 PM

Wednesday January 28 @ Calgary 8:00 PM

Saturday January 31 @ Phoenix 9:00 PM

Monday February 2 @ Anaheim 10:00 PM

11 of 14 games from 1/1 - 2/2 on the road with a block of 4 solid then a home game and then 6 on the road again. That last 6 has them going all the way south then all the way west. That's a tough stretch for us. Similar to the mid-season schedule last year. Another in Anaheim again. Yay for me. I'll get to see them ice girls and get more popcorn and peanuts thrown at us. Hope they have a better showing this time around instead of getting their handed to them.

The first 41 games are slightly more home heavy with 23 home games. 18 homers on the back stretch with mostly 2 game home stands. The longest is 3 homers in a row in mid-Feb. on that back half.

It probably would help them considerably to get in the playoffs if they started out fairly strong before that brutal mid-season road trip.

I'm going to predict again ending up between 7th and 10th.

That's a fun road trip sandwiched around the All-Star break ...

Monday January 19 @ Florida 7:30 PM

Wednesday January 21 @ Tampa Bay 7:30 PM

--- BREAK ----

Tuesday January 27 @ Edmonton 9:00 PM

Wednesday January 28 @ Calgary 8:00 PM

Saturday January 31 @ Phoenix 9:00 PM

Monday February 2 @ Anaheim 10:00 PM

Is the Marena booked for the circus for two weeks or did the nhl choose to schedule that trip?

When I was adding the schedule to my Outlook calendar (so I don't schedule reffing games to conflict too much), I noticed a ton of back to backs. I haven't counted them, but it really seems like a lot of Friday/Saturday back to back games and 3 in 4's.

When I was adding the schedule to my Outlook calendar (so I don't schedule reffing games to conflict too much), I noticed a ton of back to backs. I haven't counted them, but it really seems like a lot of Friday/Saturday back to back games and 3 in 4's.

Back to backs dont bother me too much, I think it helps keep the focus. I thought last year had too many gaps of 3/4 days off.

From the Buffalo News story today ...

Back-to-backs: The Sabres led the NHL last year with 20 sets of games on consecutive days, partly because they?re adamant about getting as many Friday home games as possible. They got 17 sets this season, including a rare double dip at home Nov. 21-22 against the Flyers and Islanders, respectively.

So fewer back to backs than last season ... can't hurt.

From what I could see, we are not hosting a single afternoon game next season. <_<

I guess the only exception may be that final game of the year with the TBD, but that's anybody's guess right now.

Per USA Today, EVERY team is playing on Oct 25th..

Awesome. I need to find a bar with Center Ice and at least fifteen TVs. I want Total Hockey Overload. I want to eat pucks in between drinks. This could be the most complete display of utter hockeyness, ever.

Wow, I'm loving summer, but I need the season to start soon!

• 4 weeks later...

(I keep thinking that I'm going to quit this board one of these days, and then it hits me that there may be one more important thing to say...) :chris:

Is anyone looking forward to the game on March 12th? It will be the first time that the Sabres will host Florida this upcoming season. I'm thinking that it would be a wonderful opportunity to welcome Richard Zednik back after what happened to him this past season on our home ice.

After all, I think we'd rather see him than Brian Campbell.

Archived