Bye Bye Bernie

Hirly5

I'm starting to really hate being a fan of a cash-strapped organization.

I think Bernier should have been given a chance to have a whole year in our system. We have a serious lack of size and guys like Max and Kotalik and Connolly have proven that they are mediocre and/or fragile or both over time. Get rid of those stale players instead. Even Drury was bad news his first year. Adjusting to a new city, especially for a young guy, is hard. We need new blood and Bernier has talent, he just needs a chance. We made a serious error with Dumont because of money. It won't be fun watching Bernier and Taylor Pyatt as power forwards on the Canucks on Center Ice next year.

I hate trading away young talent. Bernier should have nothing to do with Rivet. I'm PO'ed.

Are they even close to the $48-50 million they were talking about? It's hard to accept the "budget" as a reason unless they plan to make another trade or sign a UFA. Or maybe it is just a case of the "budget" being below that $48 million mark.

What "FO conspiracy theories" are you talking about. I asked a simple question. If you are referring to my comment about not accepting the budget as an excuse that in reference to wasted monies on the roster not any secret FO plan.

The bolded part is what I was referring to -- ie the implication that even though the FO has said the budget is $48-$50 million, they are lying and their true budget is less than that. If I misinterpreted your post -- I apologize.

I'm starting to really hate being a fan of a cash-strapped organization.

I think Bernier should have been given a chance to have a whole year in our system. We have a serious lack of size and guys like Max and Kotalik and Connolly have proven that they are mediocre and/or fragile or both over time. Get rid of those stale players instead. Even Drury was bad news his first year. Adjusting to a new city, especially for a young guy, is hard. We need new blood and Bernier has talent, he just needs a chance. We made a serious error with Dumont because of money. It won't be fun watching Bernier and Taylor Pyatt as power forwards on the Canucks on Center Ice next year.

I hate trading away young talent. Bernier should have nothing to do with Rivet. I'm PO'ed.

Power forwards usually don't hit their stride until their late 20's.

Bernier is probably going to struggle if he is thrown on a first line.

As for how much fun:

Sedin-Sedin-Wellwood

Pyatt-Kesler-Bernier

The 'Nucks are in trouble

Power forwards usually don't hit their stride until their late 20's.

Bernier is probably going to struggle if he is thrown on a first line.

As for how much fun:

Sedin-Sedin-Wellwood

Pyatt-Kesler-Bernier

The 'Nucks are in trouble

Yes, but i think their plan is to sign Mats Sundin. If they get Sundin, their offense will be alright. And i think they expect Mason Raymond to have a big season, 25 goals, 30 assists, or something like that.

Regarding Stafford versus Paille, you may be right. My statement about Paille is I'm agnostic. My opinion is that he doesn't belong in the top six and a Stafford with an elevated game might. I could very well have blinders on when it comes to Paille. Given the same opportunity I have just proposed for Peters, who knows, he just might emerge into a consistant goal scoring threat.

Talking about having the blinders on, I have the same stance with Stafford. Two years ago he played on the third line with Roy and Vanek against another 2nd or 3rd line. This past year he was put on the first line for his first actually year of NHL hockey and didn't do what everyone wanted him to do. He ended up on the third or fourth line is some instances and wasn't as productive because of the fact that he didn't have a center like Roy to help him out with setup shots and positioning. I still think he has the ability to be one of the best players on the sabres if they keep him long term. Mock me as much as you like but if he doesn't get traded, I can see him being an 'A' or possibly a 'C' in the long run.

Yes, but i think their plan is to sign Mats Sundin. If they get Sundin, their offense will be alright. And i think they expect Mason Raymond to have a big season, 25 goals, 30 assists, or something like that.

With all due respect, I don't see how signing Sundin can be a plan.

I don't think anybody knows what is ticking in that Swede's noggin.

The bolded part is what I was referring to -- ie the implication that even though the FO has said the budget is $48-$50 million, they are lying and their true budget is less than that. If I misinterpreted your post -- I apologize.

Well they do have to keep $8 million (exaggerated amount) open for call ups and injuries.

If thats the best the have for their sweedish Bikini team, I'll take the meatballs

It's not. There are a lot of NSFW pics online that I couldn't post.

Besides, the girls from the Swedish Bikini Team of the Old Milwaukee ads were all American girls, not Scandinavian.

But that still doesn't cover the question of you choosing meatballs over blondes in bikinis, though.... :unsure:

The FO never out and out lies. Darcy and Larry both said the budget was between 48 and 50. What they didn't say was if that was cap dollars or actual dollars.

Right now they are almost to $49 actual cash but only $46.3 in cap dollars.

These figures do not include Paille, MacArthur and either Weber or another d-man.

Again, those were American models portraying the Swedish Bikini Team for the Old Milwaukee ad campaign in the early 90s, so I'm sure the actual Swedish ladies are closer to apparently lofty standards of some posters...

I can't believe that I actually had to explain the reference, and really can't believe supposed red-blooded males would choose meatballs over blondes in bikinis. :wacko:

The FO never out and out lies. Darcy and Larry both said the budget was between 48 and 50. What they didn't say was if that was cap dollars or actual dollars.

Right now they are almost to $49 actual cash but only $46.3 in cap dollars.

These figures do not include Paille, MacArthur and either Weber or another d-man.

And if it doesn't count guys like Weber, it doesn't count anyone making the lower end of their contract down in the AHL. That's something people around here often forget when budget talk pops up. Just because guys aren't on the main roster, they're still being paid by the Sabres to play at that level. Sure, each contract isn't all that much, but add them all up and that's a player or two.

Probably more like:

vanek-roy-stafford

hecht-connolly-pominville

paille-gaustad-kotalik

max-mair-kaleta

I think no matter how you mix things up, this FW lineup spells Mediocrity.

Guys like Hecht, who finally broke 20 goals last year getting 3.8mil? Not right. Kotalik=Benoit Hogue.

(stale here, will do better elsewhere where the pieces are already in place) Let's not kid ourselves

anymore, Connolly is done. Max has worn out his welcome plus he gets

hurt more now. Mair brings very little to me, esp. with him getting hurt more now too. Stafford, like

everyone else on the team except Roy and Pommers, took a step back last year; not sure he can

be a durable forward. I see Paille maybe emerging as a 30 goal man. Gaustad belongs on the 4th line

with Kaleta and another banger. I'd like to see them insert Gerbe. I can see alot of injuries on this team

with this lineup.

We need some lineup surgery.

Again, those were American models portraying the Swedish Bikini Team for the Old Milwaukee ad campaign in the early 90s, so I'm sure the actual Swedish ladies are closer to apparently lofty standards of some posters...

I can't believe that I actually had to explain the reference, and really can't believe supposed red-blooded males would choose meatballs over blondes in bikinis. :wacko:

They do say that the fastest way to a mans heart is through his stomach...............

And no, normally I wouldn't take meatballs over blonde bikini models, its just that the ones you posted are not that great, and I would take the meatballs in that case.

Just because they are in a bikini, doesn't mean that they are hot. Would you take Ellen Degenres in a Bikini over a plate of sweedish Meatballs?

They do say that the fastest way to a mans heart is through his stomach...............

And no, normally I wouldn't take meatballs over blonde bikini models, its just that the ones you posted are not that great, and I would take the meatballs in that case.

Just because they are in a bikini, doesn't mean that they are hot. Would you take Ellen Degenres in a Bikini over a plate of sweedish Meatballs?

Ellen's a bad comparison. Would you take the plate of meatballs over the blondes I posted if the meatballs came out of the trash?

Besides, I didn't post a bunch of fat chicks squeezed into tiny bikinis. If you Google them you'll see they are big-breasted blondes with butterfaces.

Ellen's a bad comparison. Would you take the plate of meatballs over the blondes I posted if the meatballs came out of the trash?

Besides, I didn't post a bunch of fat chicks squeezed into tiny bikinis. If you Google them you'll see they are big-breasted blondes with butterfaces.

do I get something to cover the girls faces? If not then yes I will take the meatballs from the trash

Sorry, but the faces on those girls do nothing for me, and I'm not big on the Kelly Bundy "obviously no where near natural" bleach blonde look

And i only mentioned Ellen cause you said the part about guys like blondes in bikini's, and Ellen is a blonde (kind of I guess), doesn't mean I would want her in a bikini. Now here girlfriend on the other hand, sure

do I get something to cover the girls faces? If not then yes I will take the meatballs from the trash

Sorry, but the faces on those girls do nothing for me, and I'm not big on the Kelly Bundy "obviously no where near natural" bleach blonde look

And i only mentioned Ellen cause you said the part about guys like blondes in bikini's, and Ellen is a blonde (kind of I guess), doesn't mean I would want her in a bikini. Now here girlfriend on the other hand, sure

Again - you do realize those are wigs, right? You do realize that (again) those are American models pretending to be Scandinavian, right? And that the SBT ad campaign ran 17 years go, right?

Comparing Ellen's broke everything to some big-boobed butterfaces is like comparing a wrecked '79 El Camino to a Lexus with a damaged grille.

Again - you do realize those are wigs, right? You do realize that (again) those are American models pretending to be Scandinavian, right? And that the SBT ad campaign ran 17 years go, right?

Comparing Ellen's broke everything to some big-boobed butterfaces is like comparing a wrecked '79 El Camino to a Lexus with a damaged grille.

I'd rather have the 79 El Camino over a lexus. Give me a muscle car over a luxury car anyday

Sorry man, but the girls in the picture are not hot, no matter what excuses you want to use, they are not hot

I went back and looked at the picture. Is it just me, or do they look like clones?

Gaustad belongs on the 4th line

with Kaleta and another banger.

In a perfect world, Goose is the ultimate 4th line center. He can play #1 PK and #2 PP in front of the net . The only problem is that they just gave him second to third line money and that's where he will play. I also would not want him playing less than 10 minutes a night on the 4th line.

Archived