Well, it is Ek but it is a Sabres rumor

Swedesessed

Obviously I read it or I wouldn't be able to respond to it. Like you said, its fun to dream that he may be right. Right now he is reporting that Buffalo is trying to trade Max's rights in order to talk to Mike Green.

Max has a contract. Who cares about his rights. ;)

No offense to Andrew Orpik, but he needs to shut up. As long as his brother is still under contract with the Penguins, he shouldn't be saying things like this.

Very true, but no harm in taking it as a step in the right direction for us if we do plan on making him an offer. Here's the actual comments. Link GR said that he would be interested according to Andrew so it was really GR's bad.

Obviously I read it or I wouldn't be able to respond to it. Like you said, its fun to dream that he may be right. Right now he is reporting that Buffalo is trying to trade Max's rights in order to talk to Mike Green.

I hope this is one rumor that turns out to be true. It would really work to the Sabres advantage. They get out from under Max's contract and have a chance to sign a really good young defensemen. Even if Green gets an offer sheet the Sabres can decline to match and get more compensation from Greens signing than a Max trade. It seems like a win/win for the Sabres.

No offense to Andrew Orpik, but he needs to shut up.

He can talk all he wants to his brother (e.g., "come join us back home in Buffalo"), just not about his brother.

Side note: anyone know why Andrew was converted to a forward? Inability to play defense, abilities to play forward or a need for bodies up front? Is he playing forward or defense in training camp? Could you imagine the Orpik brothers tearing things up on our blue line?!

He can talk all he wants to his brother (e.g., "come join us back home in Buffalo"), just not about his brother.

Side note: anyone know why Andrew was converted to a forward? Inability to play defense, abilities to play forward or a need for bodies up front? Is he playing forward or defense in training camp? Could you imagine the Orpik brothers tearing things up on our blue line?!

Well now you've gone and gotten me all excited. :blush:

Guest Sloth

From what I can remember, they moved him up front because of a lack players. He put up good numbers. If Orpik, not Andrew, and Green ended up in Buffalo, I wouldn't know how to respond. Another exciting, but most likely not going to happen,event is Ryan Malone turning down a Penguins offer. Buffalo is supposedly one of the teams interested in him.

FO would make up for everything if they pullled all of this off. Of course, they still have extend Miller and Pominville's contracts...

Need a crossed fingers emoticon

Very true, but no harm in taking it as a step in the right direction for us if we do plan on making him an offer. Here's the actual comments. Link GR said that he would be interested according to Andrew so it was really GR's bad.

Speaking of WGR, when did they hire Tony Soprano?

post-46-1214588712_thumbjpg

I hope this is one rumor that turns out to be true. It would really work to the Sabres advantage. They get out from under Max's contract and have a chance to sign a really good young defensemen. Even if Green gets an offer sheet the Sabres can decline to match and get more compensation from Greens signing than a Max trade. It seems like a win/win for the Sabres.

I couldn't agree more DeLuca--I said the same thing under the Mike Green thread. This one is too good to be true unfortunately.

Just heard on GR according to Andrew Orpik, Brooks Orpik would like to sign with the sabres. Now we just need to see if the FO can get it done. Really hope so.

Not questioning his word. He may really like to sign with his hometown team. But this sounds like a great ploy to get the Gwens to up the ante. Not that such things occur in negotiations...

Back to the topic at hand, today, Ek has reported that the Sabres are "EXTREMELY" Serious about Rolston (e4). So, take that for what you will. In my opinion, I would be absolutely thrilled if Rolston signed in Buffalo. He's a captain who is good offensively and very good defensively. He is the type of guy who will put the team on his back. I would be thrilled with Rolston.

With regard to Mike Green, I just don't see it happening. I'd love for it to happen, but I just can't see the Caps letting Green go for another Russian forward. I know they have Ovechkin, Kozlov, Federov, Semin, etc. and sending Max there makes so much sense as he can thrive with his Russian comrades, but I just don't think George McPhee is that stupid to where he would trade such a stud defenseman, especially when they get out of Kolzig's contract and Federov signs for a lesser deal they really won't be up against the cap that much. They can afford Green and they will most likely keep him.

Orpik I think the Sabres have a legit shot at getting if he makes it to July 1st. But, the Sabres have got to make a legitimate offer and not lowball him. The guy's from Buffalo and his brother is in the system, so I think he'd really consider coming to Buffalo is he's offered his market value. I hope the Sabres do go after Orpik.

I'm so much more excited about this offseason than I was last offseason. It was a total disaster last year, but there's so much hope and promise and given last year's offseason it can only get better. Even if the Sabres did nothing beside letting go of their UFAs and trading Max, I might even say this offseason was a success compared to last offseason because that means Max and Kalinin are no longer Sabres.

Last year I was somewhat nervous about the start of the FA period. I thought we'd lose one captain, not both, and someone would make a run at Vanek but not the drunken offer Kevin Lowe made.

This year I'm trying to remain neutral so I don't get so pissed if things go south.

Last year I was somewhat nervous about the start of the FA period. I thought we'd lose one captain, not both, and someone would make a run at Vanek but not the drunken offer Kevin Lowe made.

This year I'm trying to remain neutral so I don't get so pissed if things go south.

I find it much easier to set my standards low for them, this way even if they make the slightest move, you are surprised and happy the atleast did something.

From a mostly off-ice prespective another good reason to go after Orpik.. Canes fans despise him after his hit on Eric Cole a few years ago. I love the hate they have for us.

That's not exactly the kind of on ice incident that anyone should be celebrating.

That's not exactly the kind of on ice incident that anyone should be celebrating.

I'm not celebrating the incident itself in any way shape or form. I'm just saying that canes fans hate him because of it and they probably have every reason to. I figure that since their fans fabricate so many reasons to hate our team, city and fans they might as well have at least one legitimate reason to add to it.

I find it much easier to set my standards low for them, this way even if they make the slightest move, you are surprised and happy the atleast did something.

A wise old man once told me "The secret to happiness is low expectations"

I'm not celebrating the incident itself in any way shape or form. I'm just saying that canes fans hate him because of it and they probably have every reason to. I figure that since their fans fabricate so many reasons to hate our team, city and fans they might as well have at least one legitimate reason to add to it.

Ok, that's all I needed to hear. I know I hated Jamie Macoun for years, and that was nowhere near as severe as a broken neck.

Archived